EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So far, I've paid all of $50 to my doctor's office for copays. And I've got a $250 copay due for my impending delivery/hospital stay. But that's it, as far as I've been informed. The $250 covers a vaginal or C-section delivery, the anesthesiologist, and the circumcision (should one opt for that).

I've been VERY happy with my insurance thus far. It's so nice to have one less thing to worry about!

that is great insurance!!! i know some peole can get screwed when it comes to maternity insurance...because the deductiable is high and some things aren't covered!!! you are lucky to have a good insurance company!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So far, I've paid all of $50 to my doctor's office for copays. And I've got a $250 copay due for my impending delivery/hospital stay. But that's it, as far as I've been informed. The $250 covers a vaginal or C-section delivery, the anesthesiologist, and the circumcision (should one opt for that).

I've been VERY happy with my insurance thus far. It's so nice to have one less thing to worry about!

that is great insurance!!! i know some peole can get screwed when it comes to maternity insurance...because the deductiable is high and some things aren't covered!!! you are lucky to have a good insurance company!

Sounds like my work insurance. I pay 65 dollars a month. I have only paid about 50 bucks too and all I will need to pay my hospital is $100 to cover vaginal or C-section. I just got Hubby insurance and baby will be added soon. I will pay 213 bucks for them a month with 25 dollar copays and 100 hospital copay and I could go on.

I didn't go with work insurace cause for all 3 of us would cost 500 bucksl The individual plan is so much better. Also under my 65 dollar plan hubby and baby are covered with dental and eye insurance.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hiya girls! I am back with a not preggy girl question!

Husband and I are doing insurance shopping and we are considering adding maternity insurance to our plan.

Number one: our company doesn't have that option....

other companies do but it will cost about $200 plus dollars more a month.

One agent we talked to told us to look at it like this. If you can afford the $8,000 to $10,000 average cost to "have" a baby then you don't really need maternity insurance. Also if there are any complications, under NC law you and the baby have to get covered. Also as soon as the Dr releases the baby you can have she/he added.

He said to add it up like this: if you add $200 dollars more a month for maternity that is $2400 a year that you are spending even before you are preg. Then if you have a $5,000 deductible, that is another $5000 you have to pay before you really get coverage.

So to me it seems that you don't really "need" maternity if you can afford to pay without unforseable (sp) complications.

So I guess my question is how many of you have maternity insurance....and am I veiwing this correctly??

If it doesn't mak sense I am sorry...insurance sucks!!

Hope all is well guys!

just reading that has my head spinning....i think what the agent told is pretty right on...BUT...if there are problems were you need a stress test, more blood work, u/s done those are extra...and not only are you paying for the test...but also for the test to be read so that can add up quickly as well...i know before i got medical assitance i was asking around at local places...and you can get in with some practices as "cash paying" where they will cut you a deal where you pay so much up front and then when you are so far a long you pay the rest....you have to find out what that all includes...i know for me if i were to need a c-section that would have been a extra 500...you just have to call around...

Sometimes insurance may not include a normal pregnacy but they will inlcude you if you become high risk or need a c-section...that is what my original insurance said...so then i got the Maternity Card... ok let me tell you a little bit about that card...it does work!! you have to go to Lap Corp to get your blood taken and they help a lot with that!! You have to go to a certian place to get u/s done as well...Also to dr may or may not except it...and the way they explained it to me was the dr part of the card is a bonus feature if you can get a dr to except it....and you have to pay for it for 12 months...

did you check into aetna??? i know sometimes that have maternity already included in the price....

Yes this Lab thing is on my hubbies insurance. It sound good.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

hiya girls! I am back with a not preggy girl question!

Husband and I are doing insurance shopping and we are considering adding maternity insurance to our plan.

Number one: our company doesn't have that option....

other companies do but it will cost about $200 plus dollars more a month.

One agent we talked to told us to look at it like this. If you can afford the $8,000 to $10,000 average cost to "have" a baby then you don't really need maternity insurance. Also if there are any complications, under NC law you and the baby have to get covered. Also as soon as the Dr releases the baby you can have she/he added.

He said to add it up like this: if you add $200 dollars more a month for maternity that is $2400 a year that you are spending even before you are preg. Then if you have a $5,000 deductible, that is another $5000 you have to pay before you really get coverage.

So to me it seems that you don't really "need" maternity if you can afford to pay without unforseable (sp) complications.

So I guess my question is how many of you have maternity insurance....and am I veiwing this correctly??

If it doesn't mak sense I am sorry...insurance sucks!!

Hope all is well guys!

just reading that has my head spinning....i think what the agent told is pretty right on...BUT...if there are problems were you need a stress test, more blood work, u/s done those are extra...and not only are you paying for the test...but also for the test to be read so that can add up quickly as well...i know before i got medical assitance i was asking around at local places...and you can get in with some practices as "cash paying" where they will cut you a deal where you pay so much up front and then when you are so far a long you pay the rest....you have to find out what that all includes...i know for me if i were to need a c-section that would have been a extra 500...you just have to call around...

Sometimes insurance may not include a normal pregnacy but they will inlcude you if you become high risk or need a c-section...that is what my original insurance said...so then i got the Maternity Card... ok let me tell you a little bit about that card...it does work!! you have to go to Lap Corp to get your blood taken and they help a lot with that!! You have to go to a certian place to get u/s done as well...Also to dr may or may not except it...and the way they explained it to me was the dr part of the card is a bonus feature if you can get a dr to except it....and you have to pay for it for 12 months...

did you check into aetna??? i know sometimes that have maternity already included in the price....

Thanks so much for your reply! My head is spinning too! How stressful! But I am glad I am thinking of it now! Very interesting about the Maternity Card. Will do a little research. I bet that nothing is available in this area! I live in such a small town! I have checked aetna....they have decent rates. I may get in touch with them again. I like blue cross, I've been happy with them I just don't like their rates for maternity. But if I have to then I have to. Blah!

Thanks again all

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Timeline

that's the one thing about blue cross...their rates are SO SO high....but the cover alot....i would check into aetna again and see what they can do for you!!! i had them for a long time and then like a fool i switched to another insurance company and got preggo....and the new insurance would only cover me if i became high risk....ugh...also check into Medical Assistance to see if you qualify and if you make too much they still might be able to help something to think about....

okay ladies, i have a question but i don't know if its caused by my pregnancy. last night i went to bed feeling wonderful and i woke up at 5am and i couldn't move. i was having serve back spasms, but not in my lower back they were in my upper back between my shoulder area. i tried everything, a massager, a hand massage, pillows, a warm bath and nothing worked. i finally passed out sometime between 7-8am after i shoved pillows all around me. i don't know if it was from the pain going away or from being so tired that i just passed out. i woke up a couple hours later and the pain was still there but not as harsh. i really need some advice for how to deal with this if it should happen again. ANY tips would be greatly appreciated! have a good day.

i had muscled spasm in my back but it was in the lower back and they feel it was braxton hicks....with that being said it messed up my back...so they put me on propoxy which helped me a lot!! i would talk to your ob about it see what they might say!!

good news...u/s came back fine...her weight is....drumroll please....8.6 pounds...aaahhh.....

great news Shauna. I wonder how right they are on her weight. She is a big baby :). Are you getting excited you could go any day now. :D

My cousin was told her baby was 9 pounds and they induced her and he was only 7 pounds.

i really don't know how right they are....all i could see was this big tummy....so it really wouldn't suprise me if she was big!! as long as she is healthy that is all that matters!

I think its great that she is healthy. I wish I knew my little ones weight I want to buy clothes. I bought a few NB outfits but what if I need to get 3 month outfits if she is bigger. I will have to be patient.

Mehdi was 9 pounds and wore NB stuff for a good 2 weeks. We're now in 3 month size, and 3-6 months for certain manufacturers/articles. But for onesies, you can buy the extenders that button into the crotch so you can get a few more weeks of wear out of them.

Hello mommies and mommies to be! I've been away from VJ for a while (between full time school and being a parent, I didn't have any spare time) but wanted to come in and see how everyone is doing. The photos of the children are just beautiful! Gavin is doing great - he's very vocal and attentive. I would love a daughter in about two years or so but we'll see how that plays out.

Have to comment on your gorgeous little one! What a doll!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
that's the one thing about blue cross...their rates are SO SO high....but the cover alot....i would check into aetna again and see what they can do for you!!! i had them for a long time and then like a fool i switched to another insurance company and got preggo....and the new insurance would only cover me if i became high risk....ugh...also check into Medical Assistance to see if you qualify and if you make too much they still might be able to help something to think about....

I'm not sure if it's where you live, or the insurance company you are using, but I have had 3 different insurance policies since I became pregnant and not one of them refused covereage. I had BCBS of TN, then BCBS of FL and now Conventry. Coventry is better than BCBS as far as coverage goes. All I have to pay is my deductible and they cover everything else 100%. The BCBS plan we had was the ded. + 20%. My understanding from the insurance companies directly is that pregnancy is NOT considered a pre-existing condition, therefor it is covered from day 1.

Do you think it's different when you are joining a group policy thru an employer vs. a personal policy?? Is that where the problem comes in for not wanting to cover?? I really don't understand all this other coverage kind of talk and maybe it's because I have never had insruance other than thru my employer. :wacko:

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Yes, there are a lot of different rules governing individual policies vs. group, namely, there are far less protections for people who are applying for individual coverage vs. group. You can be denied coverage for anything under the sun for anything under the sun if you are even lucky enough to get coverage in the first place. Pregnancy is a pre-existing condition that is excludable under an individual plan unless you can prove you have group coverage that covered that condition in the last 60 days. :wacko:

Edited by Wacken

Timeline

Being a nanny i had to get my own coverage...so shopping around i wanted to get "good" coverage that wasn't going to hurt the pockets....i was paying a lot for aetna and when they put my rate up because i turend 25 i wanted to change to save money...so i got Golden Rule insurance had the option of getting maternity but thought i am not going to get pregnant for a couple more years so i didn't see the point spending extra money....well i got pregnant and could NOT add maternity because i could only use it 90 days after putting maternity on the plan...i called around to many differnt places and would be denied because maternity is a pre-exsitsting condition....there was a law passed but that is only good for people who work in a company not individuals....so lets just say this pregnancy started off as a insurance nightmare....

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I want my baby this weekend!

Send me some labor vibes... :star:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

sending good vibes!!!!! hope it happens for you this weekend!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol: i so know how you are feeling....i am been feeling sick and just run down....i am ready too.....

I hear ya!!!

Being a nanny i had to get my own coverage...so shopping around i wanted to get "good" coverage that wasn't going to hurt the pockets....i was paying a lot for aetna and when they put my rate up because i turend 25 i wanted to change to save money...so i got Golden Rule insurance had the option of getting maternity but thought i am not going to get pregnant for a couple more years so i didn't see the point spending extra money....well i got pregnant and could NOT add maternity because i could only use it 90 days after putting maternity on the plan...i called around to many differnt places and would be denied because maternity is a pre-exsitsting condition....there was a law passed but that is only good for people who work in a company not individuals....so lets just say this pregnancy started off as a insurance nightmare....

That does sound like a nightmare.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Sending good vibes to Tracy and Nannygirl .... hope the delivery comes soon :)

Well, we had the ultrasound today and .......

I'M HAVING A BOY!!!!!!

So my intuition was correct after all :) Although the chart that Eveline linked me to was wrong ... LOL!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png