Udella&Wiz

Peep toe pumps - what kind of nylons?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Phew...I know.....I am seeing a lot of soccer moms around here with some questionable things on :) It's not a crime to get some decent jeans that aren't up to your armpits. I'm no model myself, but being in the corporate world helps those of us who are not Cindy Crawford figure out what's hip :)

Not sure we got a picture of the peep toes though...took the advice and went with bare toes avec 'I'm not really a Waitress' from OPI...such a pretty red.

This company party was something else...at the Washington Wardman Park Marriott. Lovely meal, met up with some of my husband's friends (who we play World Of Warcraft with) and their wives. Great night........the entertainment turned out to be the Beach Boys...did anyone realize they are OLD enough to be our parents???

:lol::lol::lol: re the fashion comments.

I love the names of OPI polish. My current favourite colour is "Lighten Up Your Two Pence". It's from the UK line.

OMG, I can't STAND the Beach Boys. I would have laughed and laughed. Glad you had a great time!

iagree.gif

hi lovelies,

i couldn't resist replying... i may be a visa rookie, but i know fashion. toes showing means nothing over them... get a pedi + flash those darling little piggies!

nylons are a bit outdated... unless it's for work. no one wears them to dress-up events anymore. if you must wear them, just make sure they match your skin - no awful orange/brown/shimmery legs for you, gorgeous!

xo

TG someone said that. I think it's totally cute now to wear tights or black opaque tights even, but if you're in Virginia, that might look strange. For my .02, wearing nylons with peep-toes is like wearing socks under sandals. It broke my heart going to a cocktail party last night in black heels when my heart was calling out to some purple peep-toes, but it seemed so silly to wear them in December. Maybe not in Virginia though.

Just as long as someone gets everyone on Earth to stop wearing skin-color nylons.

I agree with the bit about flesh-colored nylons. I don't look down on anyone for wearing them, but good lord they're the stupidest piece of fashion ever, and that's a long list of contenders. Do they add warmth? No. Do they add modesty? No, as they're sheer. Can you imagine the meeting on this? "Okay, bare legs are declasse, but wearing a sheer bit of fabric over bare legs that makes them look bare is the height of formality." It makes neckties look reasonable.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Phew...I know.....I am seeing a lot of soccer moms around here with some questionable things on :) It's not a crime to get some decent jeans that aren't up to your armpits. I'm no model myself, but being in the corporate world helps those of us who are not Cindy Crawford figure out what's hip :)

Not sure we got a picture of the peep toes though...took the advice and went with bare toes avec 'I'm not really a Waitress' from OPI...such a pretty red.

This company party was something else...at the Washington Wardman Park Marriott. Lovely meal, met up with some of my husband's friends (who we play World Of Warcraft with) and their wives. Great night........the entertainment turned out to be the Beach Boys...did anyone realize they are OLD enough to be our parents???

Later

Well, for some of YOU I guess... :lol:

Glad you had a wonderful time!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.