Goldylocks

Military records

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

For my K-1 package, I gave them : Military Service dates records, copies of all medals received, and copy of ID card. I put those under the Proof of US citizenship. At the time I submitted the package; I had six months before my retirement. But they did not ask for my DD214.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Fun times! I had no clue what they wanted to show for my military service (nearly 15 yrs, Army--infantry--Navy-NCIop, and Air Force -AESop) I talked to many military Admin people and they had no clue! I even sent away for my whole military paperwork that is kept in Ottawa, interesting stuff in there, and its pretty much free, BUT as i recall (been a few yrs now) not much one could use, may have been a document or two that i could have, but was iffy. If I were you, I would send away for it,its good to have a copy of all your military stuff (will look for the link and post it later)

So what did I do? I got the admin people to download my most up to date UER (unit employment Record) It has your whole career on it. As well I got my CO to write a cover letter stating it was an official military document! One probably doesn't require your CO to say it is, but hey, it is the Air Force, I could just walk in and chat with him,lol

But what you have is more than likely suffice. Maybe get it notarized and have some sort of statement stating it is an official military document, but that may be overkill. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent a letter to the National Archives in Ottawa and asked for the my military records and got back in duplicates both a statement of service and and discharge certificate within 2 weeks.

A contact there would be

Claire Leblanc

Analyst

ATIP and Personnel Records Division

Services Branch

Library and Archives Canada

395 Wellington Street

Ottawa, Ontario

Canada K1A 0N4

Telephone: (613) 996-5115 Fax: (613) 995-6274

Web: http://www.collectionscanada.ca

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

there ya go, now I dont have to search for it,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.