Spanglish

3- RFE's in 5 days

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

And the mess continues, looks like I now have 3 RFE????????????????

November 11, 2007> Wife and stepdaughter's petitions touched.

November 13, 2007 > Wife approved.

November 11, 2007 until December 11, 2007 > USCIS web site showed my stepdaughters case last touch on November 11, 2007

Saturday 12-08-2007> I receive at home an RFE / I-797E via postal service, with an action date November 30, 2007. The RFE asks for stepdaughters birth certificate. Never mind that the instructions for filling the I-130 say nothing about sending a stepchild's birth certificate.

Saturday 12-08-2007> I return RFE with stepdaughter's birth certificate via express mail.

Monday 12-10-2007> USCIS CSC receives RFE with stepdaughters birth certificate from me.

Monday 12-10-2007> USCIS web site still shows my stepdaughters case last touched on November 11, 2007.

Tuesday 12-11-2007> Receive email at home from USCIS informing me they sent an RFE on December 11 (2 days after I received the RFE?)

Tuesday 12-11-2007> USCIS web site updated to show my stepdaughters case was last touched on December 11 and informs me they sent an RFE on December 11.

Wednesday 12-12-2007> USCIS web site re-updated again to show my stepdaughters case was last touch on December 12 and informs me they sent an RFE on December 12. (THIS IS A TOTAL OF 3)

Now I know I am just a dumb country boy but that math don't add up. I got 1 REF they say they never sent and are now sending me 2 more?????????????????

Wednesday 12-12-2007> I called the USCIS CSC and the officer said she would pull my file and call me in 2-3 days with an update. I asked her if this would interfere with your inquiries and she said no.

6-23-06 Met, Cali Colombia

Visited Estrella 8 times before marriage.

5-28-07 Married San Andras Island Colombia

6-5-07 Mailed overnight I-130 for both of them.

6-7-07 I-130's received at TSC.

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

6-22-07 Received I-797-C Notice of Action from CSC for both Estrella and our daughter with notice date of 6-19-07.

Touched 11-11-07

Estrella 1-130 approved 11-13-07 still waiting on our daughter

11-16-07 Recived Estrella's 2 NOA in the mail but no info on daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

:ranting: I think their the @#@#@ ....Spanglish, i was reading your post and thought ..hmmm a bunch of really BRIGHT ppl there at uscis, so I checked ours out as well online. You know we recieved that RFE yesterday, but our case also shows a touch today, but our RFE info didn't change from yesterday.

It is just really crazy how they do stuff there.....who the heck is running that place there? a bunch of dummies?!! :yes:

I just hope they do call you back as they said they would...and give you some good information.

I just hope that your case get approved and soon...insha allaah!!

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
:ranting: I think their the @#@#@ ....Spanglish, i was reading your post and thought ..hmmm a bunch of really BRIGHT ppl there at uscis, so I checked ours out as well online. You know we recieved that RFE yesterday, but our case also shows a touch today, but our RFE info didn't change from yesterday.

It is just really crazy how they do stuff there.....who the heck is running that place there? a bunch of dummies?!! :yes:

I just hope they do call you back as they said they would...and give you some good information.

I just hope that your case get approved and soon...insha allaah!!

Thanks for the encouragement, I know it is frustrating to not know whats going on. I and some close friends. have been in the visa world for the last 5 years. From what I can see is nothing has got any better, only the fees have increased. Things were screwed up at the old INS before 9-11 and they still are now with the new USCIS. An to think these are the people who are in charge of protecting our borders.

I am a UL certified ISO 9001 auditor and I can tell you the USCIS has no document management nor system control system. I would love to read their operating plan :wacko: .

6-23-06 Met, Cali Colombia

Visited Estrella 8 times before marriage.

5-28-07 Married San Andras Island Colombia

6-5-07 Mailed overnight I-130 for both of them.

6-7-07 I-130's received at TSC.

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

6-22-07 Received I-797-C Notice of Action from CSC for both Estrella and our daughter with notice date of 6-19-07.

Touched 11-11-07

Estrella 1-130 approved 11-13-07 still waiting on our daughter

11-16-07 Recived Estrella's 2 NOA in the mail but no info on daughter

I'm in the same boat, I called USCIS they told me........RFE been sent. They won't tell me what it is.....am sure it's a birth certificate. I send birth certificate when I filed my I-130. but it's not NSO sealed. All I have to do is wait I guess for me to know what evidence they want.

I'm in the same boat, I called USCIS they told me........RFE been sent. They won't tell me what it is.....am sure it's a birth certificate. I send birth certificate when I filed my I-130. but it's not NSO sealed. All I have to do is wait I guess for me to know what evidence they want.

Even if its NSO sealed they just need a photocopy..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.