Queen Jenn

Evidence for Interview

41 posts in this topic

ecause now the goal is proving that since you have met, you now have an "on going" relationship.

Overall your focus should now be on compiling documents of your relationship since the petition was submitted and approved (hence - "on going" relationship). In addition to what I've mentioned, please do keep in mind that the more proof you can provide, the better things will probably be at the embassy.

Hope this helps.

Boaz

Ditto

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good idea. I too placed Post It notes on top of each set with an explanation. In addition, I made a list of general information about me. I know that my husband knows me pretty well. However, you never know what type of 'trick question' may be asked during the interview.

I didn't really think of doing that, and probably wouldn't know what to add about myself. I think it's funny though that I told him about someone saying that the consulate asked about the last time her son saw his father, and Bassi was confused by the question. I explained it to him and he thought it was a silly question. I guess if they ask him the last time Kay saw her dad he would laugh and say, probably yesterday, cause she sees her father very regularly. I wonder if he laughs at any of their questions if they will be offended. Bassi has often said that he answers to God about his love for me and no man can question his devotion to his wife. I try to agree with him cause yeah, he's right, but we want something from them, so can we please work with them on this, ya know what I mean. I'm sure he'll be humble, but if they ask him about our sex life, he WILL be offended and probably state as much.

I gave him a sheet with general information that he should know (in my opinion) like the back of his hand. Example: My parents name, my occupation, my favorite food, etc., etc. The reason being is because at the time I read various post in which they asked questions that had no relevance to the relationship just to see how well the couple really knows each other. An example I read once on VJ .... asking my then Fiance the names of my children. Well guess what - in our case that's a trick question. Because I, nor my husband have any children. So little things like that I wanted him to know for sure. Thus no matter what form the question may be presented, he would know the answer.

Yep - I am an over analyzer! :blush:

Edited by Boaz

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On the checklist I am going to send him I put "Feel free to reorganize the papers as you want but I would recommend that you leave them as they are" :devil:

:lol::lol::lol:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
I gave him a sheet with general information that he should know (in my opinion) like the back of his hand. Example: My parents name, my occupation, my favorite food, etc., etc. The reason being is because at the time I read various post in which they asked questions that had no relevance to the relationship just to see how well the couple really knows each other. An example I read once on VJ .... asking my then Fiance the names of my children. Well guess what - in our case that's a trick question. Because I, nor my husband have any children. So little things like that I wanted him to know for sure. Thus no matter what form the question may be presented, he would know the answer.

Okay, so I asked Bassi and he has no idea what I do. This is how the conversation went...Z: what is my occupation? B: what do you mean? Z: what do I do? what is my job? B: you work in an office. Z: yeah, but doing what? B: office work. Z: yeah, okay, but do you know what I do, like my field of work? B: you need training to work in an office? Z: Bassi, don't be nasty. B: okay, tell me what you do and I'll remember, I promise baby. [sigh]

What else should he know like the back of his hand?

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Okay, so I asked Bassi and he has no idea what I do. This is how the conversation went...Z: what is my occupation? B: what do you mean? Z: what do I do? what is my job? B: you work in an office. Z: yeah, but doing what? B: office work. Z: yeah, okay, but do you know what I do, like my field of work? B: you need training to work in an office? Z: Bassi, don't be nasty. B: okay, tell me what you do and I'll remember, I promise baby. [sigh]

I have to just share with you that I have been laughing at your post uncontrollably. The dialogue markers just brings the whole conversation to life. :lol:

Chispas

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Timeline

This reminds me so much of talking with my husband prior to his arrival.

Off the top of my hand, other things are:

occupation, where do you live, how many children, your children's name and ages, how many sisters/brothers do you have, etc.

If I think of more I will let you know.

Boaz

Oh! Make sure he knows your date of birth.

Timeline

occupation, where do you live, how many children, your children's name and ages, how many sisters/brothers do you have, etc.

Boaz

If that man doesn't remember my date of birth he's in soooooooo much trouble he won't have to worry about a consulate officer! :angry:

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Oh, I've been trying to figure out how to organize everything. RIght now I have them in clear tab dividers, but I like the idea of color coding and placing tabs at the bottom. I guess I should put them in a binder. Did you guys use a binder? At USCIS, we weren't allowed to use a binder so I don't want to do anything that makes the process more difficult.

Here is what I am doing.

I made a checklist of everything we would need for the interview and I divided it into 5 parts. I have 5 clear folders that I have labeled and on the front of each is a list of the documents in each folder. The folders go in order of importance (forms he has to fill out in the front, medical report and police certificate, I-134 and other financial info, proof of ongoing relationship and miscellaneous stuff like NOA2 and NVC letter). I also have the pictures which I put in photo sleeves and just placed them in the binder so that he has easy access.

Everything that goes together is clipped together (ie, all phone records together, pay stubs together) so that he can just pull them out. Also, I have used colored notecards and clipped them to the top of every sheet/stack of paper so that he knows exactly what it is.

I only did that so that he would be able to see what I did when he gets the binder. I told him he could rearrange if he wants. The important thing for me is the chcklist I made so that he makes sure he has everything. I made one so that he can go through it the day he gets it to make sure he has everything and then a second one for him to go over the day before the interview to be sure he has everything.

A little overbearing....maybe :blush:

Wow. :blink:

March 1 2007: Began taking an interest in each other online

June 25-July 10 2007: Met Lucky in Person for 1st Time and Stayed Together in Ghana with my father and son!

I-129F Sent : 7/25/07

I-129F NOA1 : 8/1/07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 12/7/07!!!! Yay!!!! :D

NVC Received : 12/14/07

NVC Left : 12/17/07

Consulate Received : 12/17/07

Packet 3 Received : 2/21/08

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2/21/08

Interview Date : 6/16/08

Visa Received :6/27/08

US Entry : 6/29/08

Marriage :6/29/08 by my pastor father before God

Public expensive marriage: 7/26/08 :)

Pregnant: 7/30/08

Found out It's a GIRL: 11/17/08

Baby Shakaya's Due Date: 4/22/09

e9969b19285f01d1a725be2d554c7787.gif

Timeline

I have to just share with you that I have been laughing at your post uncontrollably. The dialogue markers just brings the whole conversation to life. :lol:

Chispas

:blush:

AOS

Timeline

Really, I worry about things like the CO asks him what is your fiance's mother's name and he says "Mom". Then what? I call his parent's Mama and Baba. I didn't know his mother's name until this process, we had to put it on one of the forms. And quite frankly, neither did he. No one calls her by her name. Even Baba calls her Mama. Maybe I'm worrying too much, but God Bless him Bassi doesn't even know his brother's ages, and he's supposed to remember my sibling's ages, I've got 13 of them. It's already my job to remember their birthdays and remind him to send a card or call his dad. I've been doing that for years. Before we were even a couple...just friends. I might as well not stress about that now. I'm still in AP at NVC, I better stress about one thing at a time, or I'll end up wacked out. :wacko:

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Boaz

If that man doesn't remember my date of birth he's in soooooooo much trouble he won't have to worry about a consulate officer! :angry:

:lol::yes:

March 1 2007: Began taking an interest in each other online

June 25-July 10 2007: Met Lucky in Person for 1st Time and Stayed Together in Ghana with my father and son!

I-129F Sent : 7/25/07

I-129F NOA1 : 8/1/07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 12/7/07!!!! Yay!!!! :D

NVC Received : 12/14/07

NVC Left : 12/17/07

Consulate Received : 12/17/07

Packet 3 Received : 2/21/08

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2/21/08

Interview Date : 6/16/08

Visa Received :6/27/08

US Entry : 6/29/08

Marriage :6/29/08 by my pastor father before God

Public expensive marriage: 7/26/08 :)

Pregnant: 7/30/08

Found out It's a GIRL: 11/17/08

Baby Shakaya's Due Date: 4/22/09

e9969b19285f01d1a725be2d554c7787.gif

Timeline
Really, I worry about things like the CO asks him what is your fiance's mother's name and he says "Mom". Then what? I call his parent's Mama and Baba. I didn't know his mother's name until this process, we had to put it on one of the forms. And quite frankly, neither did he. No one calls her by her name. Even Baba calls her Mama. Maybe I'm worrying too much, but God Bless him Bassi doesn't even know his brother's ages, and he's supposed to remember my sibling's ages, I've got 13 of them. It's already my job to remember their birthdays and remind him to send a card or call his dad. I've been doing that for years. Before we were even a couple...just friends. I might as well not stress about that now. I'm still in AP at NVC, I better stress about one thing at a time, or I'll end up wacked out. :wacko:

You are right ... don't stress out about this. What I did for my Fiance was more so to calm my nerves, and provide me with relief. It's not necessarily part of the process. Overall I took the questions that others posted at the time I listed the ones he probably would give no thought to (ie., what's my parents name, etc., etc.) I try to always remember the "5 P's" .... Proper, Preperation, Prevents, Poor, Performance. OK ... let me calm down. :wacko:

Timeline

Don't worry if he does not. I found out when we started filling out our papers that my husband did not even know mine. He did not know the month! After a "heated discussion" it's now branded in his mine. ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Here is what I am doing.

I made a checklist of everything we would need for the interview and I divided it into 5 parts. I have 5 clear folders that I have labeled and on the front of each is a list of the documents in each folder. The folders go in order of importance (forms he has to fill out in the front, medical report and police certificate, I-134 and other financial info, proof of ongoing relationship and miscellaneous stuff like NOA2 and NVC letter). I also have the pictures which I put in photo sleeves and just placed them in the binder so that he has easy access.

Everything that goes together is clipped together (ie, all phone records together, pay stubs together) so that he can just pull them out. Also, I have used colored notecards and clipped them to the top of every sheet/stack of paper so that he knows exactly what it is.

I only did that so that he would be able to see what I did when he gets the binder. I told him he could rearrange if he wants. The important thing for me is the chcklist I made so that he makes sure he has everything. I made one so that he can go through it the day he gets it to make sure he has everything and then a second one for him to go over the day before the interview to be sure he has everything.

A little overbearing....maybe :blush:

Wow. :blink:

I know, I make myself proud :lol:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

I just printed out my calling card logs online... since January I've spent $1,328 on calling cards. JEEZ! Didn't realize I've spent that much. Sigh...things we do for love. OK...i love him and all, but he needs to get here asap before I go broke. :crying:

June 8th - I-129F mailed to VSC

June 13th - NOA1

November 9th - NOA2!!!

January 10th - APPROVED!

January 24 - Pick up visa

January 31 - Honey arrives in US!

February 28- Court marriage

May 2- NOA1 for I-485 and EAD

May 31- Biometrics

June 2- TOUCHED

Sept 2008 - Perm resident

12/7/12. File n-400 at Dallas Lockbox

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.