sweet_peach

Egypt Trip

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am in the early stages of planning a trip to Egypt for next year. Can anyone assist with giving me some tips on where to stay, must see places, where the best shopping is, etc.

:help:

Thanks for anyone’s help in advance

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I am in the early stages of planning a trip to Egypt for next year. Can anyone assist with giving me some tips on where to stay, must see places, where the best shopping is, etc.

:help:

Thanks for anyone’s help in advance

Hey Amanda how are you? I went to Egypt for my honeymoon last year!!! I was there almost 2 months, but we mostly stayed in Alexandria - Parents-in-Laws live there! (YOU MUST GO THERE!!!It's so beautiful) we rented an apartment because it was way cheaper then staying at a hotel. It only cost us like $400 the whole time we were there! Who are you going with? What my husband did was go one week before me to look for a place. It was great because it was on the 7 floor and it had a fantastic view of the ocean. I would of course suggest going to Giza... That was a fantastic experience of a Life time... I rode a carmel for about 8 hours - LOL

Anywho drop me a line if you want to hear more or see pictures

Hope you are having a great day!!

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

there's a lot of ladies on this site who have been to egypt more than i have and can recommend a whole lot more... but i do recommend the khan al khalili market in cairo. huge outdoor market to buy all kinds of things, drink tea, smoke hookah, etc. i stayed at the sheraton on the nile river while in cairo. it was very nice, good breakfast buffet, and i had a great view of the nile from my bedroom!

my favorite place in egypt was the abu simbel in southern egypt. very far trek....but worth it! just remember to bring a heavy blanket on the train.. i froze my butt off on the overnight train (mind you it was 100 degrees OUTSIDE but 60 inside with the air conditioner blasting) and couldn't sleep because of it.

and of course go see pyramids. there are lots and LOTS of other pyramids to see other than the great pyramids of giza. i went to some far outside the city that were spectacular and empty! i crawled inside and there were no crowds and no people bugging me to buy their miniature camels or hats! lol

have fun!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
there's a lot of ladies on this site who have been to egypt more than i have and can recommend a whole lot more... but i do recommend the khan al khalili market in cairo. huge outdoor market to buy all kinds of things, drink tea, smoke hookah, etc. i stayed at the sheraton on the nile river while in cairo. it was very nice, good breakfast buffet, and i had a great view of the nile from my bedroom!

my favorite place in egypt was the abu simbel in southern egypt. very far trek....but worth it! just remember to bring a heavy blanket on the train.. i froze my butt off on the overnight train (mind you it was 100 degrees OUTSIDE but 60 inside with the air conditioner blasting) and couldn't sleep because of it.

and of course go see pyramids. there are lots and LOTS of other pyramids to see other than the great pyramids of giza. i went to some far outside the city that were spectacular and empty! i crawled inside and there were no crowds and no people bugging me to buy their miniature camels or hats! lol

have fun!

Thanks for the info

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You know it's funny but when I was there I hardly left our flat but a few times each trip. lol.

What I can recommend is the Khan el-Khali market and if you are there it's worth it to hire one of the kids there that do the bargaining for you. They know just where things are that you might not see up front.

The pyramids were "ok" but I heard it's much better if you see it at night with the light show so that is something I'd recommend.

If you want to ride a camel just a fair warning...those suckers are TALL!!! :blink: I freaked right out as soon as that bad boy stood up and screamed bloody murder for them to make it sit right back down!!!! My husband still cracks himself up over it to this day. :whistle:

I can't recommend much in Alexandria because I have no clue where everything was. There was a HUGE outdoor market that we went to full of great bargains but I haven't the faintest idea what the name of it was. The outdoor cafe's along the water were awesome. I loved sitting out there drinking a fruit smoothie just watching the people.

Luxor is my next goal for when I go back. I'm not really into the resorts at all since that's not what I'm there for but Sharm el Sheikh is supposed to be just amazing.

What's awesome is the exchange rate! I think now it's about 5.5 egyptian pounds to 1 dollar but when I first went it was more like 7 to 1. :)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i stayed in El-Rehab City for a month and it is absolutely beautiful!! its not typical egypt...its a gated community and it has a private bus system that takes you into the city...but its really pretty...just taking a walk at night there was amaaaaazing...renting an apartment there is a little more expensive...but its comfortable...there are a lot of foreigners living there--its more upper class i think...there are 2 malls, a movie theater...its just really prettyyyy...i'd definitely recommend it...for me, its hard staying in egypt for longer than a few weeks...but in el rehab, you don't really feel like you're somewhere new...its very clean and simply amazing...haha..

anyway, let me know if u want more info..enjoyyyyyyyy!! ;)

http://www.alrehabcity.com/newrehab/

Edited by Sora_9_Dam3a

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Enjoy your trip to Egypt....there are certainly many places to visit and beautiful sites...I enjoyed Alexandria and that is where my fiance and I spent most of our time...loved to sit outside in the various cafes and watch people...stroll the beach and there are so many places to see the sea come crashing into the rocks...magnificient.....enjoy!!

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is my 4th trip to Egypt! First I stayed in Cairo and any of the hotels on the Nile are fantastic. The remainder of my trips I stayed in Alexandria at my husbands apartment. Of course there is NOTHING in the world like the Pyramids, but don't forget to inlcude the Egyptian Museum, Mohammed Ali mosque, The Hanging Church, and a Nile cruise at night!

If you have the chance to visit Alexandria don't forget The Bibliotheca Alexandrina...it's fantastic!!

You will have a great time enjoying Egyptian culture, food and the people. Enjoy yourself and have fun!! :thumbs::thumbs:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Like others have said...Khan el Khalili is great for shopping. We spent hours and hours there. I'm not a fan of Cairo but it does have a lot of touristy things to do. The pyramids are a must see, of course, but it's a quickie thing. After you drive past them a few times you're over it. Saladin's citadel, Mohamed Ali mosque and the military museum are all in one place...also a must see. The Egyptian Museum is supposedly cool but we didn't go. A felluca ride on the Nile is nice, too.

My favorite has to be Alex. Montaza is beautiful, Maamoura beach is nice especially at night, Citadel of Qatbay is alright, the library is a must see, Al Mursi al Abbas mosque is gorgeous, a couple shopping places are Green Plaza and a street near Raml station but the name escapes me right now. Sitting near the sea at night is my favorite. There are some nice cafes and "nightclubs" right across from the sea.

Luxor and Abu Simbel are supposed to be awesome.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you like art MAhmoud Khalil Museum in Cairo is Egypts best hidden treasure. Upper Egypt is amazing - take a nile cruise and just relax..I personally love coptic cairo and Mohammed Ali Mousqe/Citadel , the tentmakers market acroos the way from Khan el Kaleli is really cool too... I love Egypt I wanna goo

Alexandria tooo :star:

Edited by water is wide

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.