Kim Mertens

Do we need a sponsor? (I-134)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

My fiance and I are sending in our I-129F as soon as my documents arrive in the USA (they`re probably flying over the atlantic as we speak).

Since we will probably be sent to CSC with the workload thing going on atm, we`ll probably get our NOA2 sooner than we had initially thought( He lives in Virginia and normally we will/would be going through the ever so slow TSC.Not saying I`m 100 percent sure we`ll get CSC but I`m just assuming, to be prepared for the fastest one. My fiance only started working last december (after graduating college) and although he does make enough money, we won`t have proof of income from the past year since he didn`t work yet then. He does have a good amount of stocks and bonds to add to the i-134 paper and a reasonable amount of money on his bank account.

Do we need a sponsor? I`m sure his parents are willing to sponsor us but we don`t want to ask them if we can do it without.

I know I am going a little too fast but I don`t want to get overwhelmed or disappointed when I have to get my package ready.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Kim

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Good luck with ur petition being processed in California and yes u need a joint sponsor since u have to show taxes for the last 2 years and stubs. Don't forget to fill an affidavit also from the peritioner no matter if started working lately.

Edited by izabelajean

Timeline

Where can I find the responsibilities or what is expected of a joint sponsor? I know my future parents in law are willing to be joint sponsors but it would be nice for them to know in advance what exactly this will mean for them.

event.png

K1
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

RoC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

To be honest this is just about papers to show embassy good stability (I'm in the same position). They won't be bothered by being asked by embassy or anything. This just to pass the test with the embassy. Take a look at the affidavit form and prepare for what they will be asked. It's an uncomfortable situation but we all have gone thru it. Good luck :)

Timeline

Hi Kim&Clint,

I hope you go through CSC too, but there's no way to really know.

When we applied it was just like now, extremely busy and slow... and we got sent to TSC! lol

There's no real way to know, and it really can make one stress; you can't predict anything.

Yes, you will need a co-sponsor, depending on how much his parents make individually and how many people are in the household, one of them can do it alone. ( Just check the Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia : http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/15poverty.cfm)

About the U.S. Embassy in Brussels : They barely looked at any of the things I brought for the interview, however they did ask me questions about the co-sponsor (Where do they work?What's their position?Who else are they in charge of?) and this has me believe that they looked at the IRS and TaxTranscript) They're pretty cool too, the interview goes really fast!

Good luck !

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Each embassy has their own requirements for how much and what type of proof for the I-134. The London embassy, for example, likes to see a letter from the petitioner or sponsor's employer with their salary/pay information. And that's it. They don't require tax transcripts at all.

You may find some more answers in the Europe regional subforum.

Timeline

Hi Kim&Clint,

I hope you go through CSC too, but there's no way to really know.

When we applied it was just like now, extremely busy and slow... and we got sent to TSC! lol

There's no real way to know, and it really can make one stress; you can't predict anything.

Yes, you will need a co-sponsor, depending on how much his parents make individually and how many people are in the household, one of them can do it alone. ( Just check the Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia : http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/15poverty.cfm)

About the U.S. Embassy in Brussels : They barely looked at any of the things I brought for the interview, however they did ask me questions about the co-sponsor (Where do they work?What's their position?Who else are they in charge of?) and this has me believe that they looked at the IRS and TaxTranscript) They're pretty cool too, the interview goes really fast!

Good luck !

YAY Belgians :D

Let`s say his mother does it on her own, but his mother and father are still married, how many people does she have to write up she is providing for in her household? Since both her and her husband are providing for just the two of them and their two kids. They are well above poverty lines but I just have no clue how it`ll work if one of them fills it out.

It`s good to know they`ll ask me about the co-sponsor since I don`t know much more than that she`s a registered nurse. Did you take your fiance with you and do you think itd matter if you take your fiance to the interview in Brussels? I`m not worried about being approved on the interview because I know what we have is true but it`d be nice to have him there for moral support. Don`t want it to negatively influence anything though :)

Thank you so much for your help!

Each embassy has their own requirements for how much and what type of proof for the I-134. The London embassy, for example, likes to see a letter from the petitioner or sponsor's employer with their salary/pay information. And that's it. They don't require tax transcripts at all.

You may find some more answers in the Europe regional subforum.

Sadly the Belgian subforum is dead, all I hear is crickets chirping :) Did they inform you in advance what they expected or did you kind of have to wing it?

event.png

K1

AoS

RoC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.