knowledge

No Medical records

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's an issue now...i'm not one who goes often to the dr, either have I a family dr. Should I go to one now and do ALL the exams, before scheduling the official appointement? I have to figure all this out in the next couple of days.

Anyone had this experienced? Thanks a million.

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

That's an issue now...i'm not one who goes often to the dr, either have I a family dr. Should I go to one now and do ALL the exams, before scheduling the official appointement? I have to figure all this out in the next couple of days.

Hello Knowledge,

I am like that too.

No need for doctors.

Unless you need to find out if you are dying of something, try to find your vaccination records from forever, and do call the doctor's office that will be doing the official exam and tell them which vaccinations you already have and they will tell you what you are missing and therefore will have to pay for if done with them.

Their exam consists of a chest x-ray, blood test and a short physical....see many reviews in this Canadian Forum.

Does this answer your question?

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

With regards to ur medical that is required for Immigration, it HAS to be completed by an approved dr. You just cant goto any DR and get it done. The list can be found in one of the packets that they send u, or here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...mp;cty=Montreal

With regards to immunizations, you can get then completed by ur local doctor, which probably wont cost u anything (free) OR get them completed at the immigration medical and pay $$$$$. I prefer free, but thats me!!! If you have no records of any immunizations, you can goto ur family doctor and they can draw a titre. They will take some blood from ya, and analyze it and can tell what shots you have had, etc etc!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Thanks for the fast reply guys, but i'm not talking about the immunization stuff, ( this is easy to do, if youdon't have the records, to resolve it by a blood test which tells you which ones you need or not) and i have some copies i saved.

What i'm talking about is the 1st request: Medical records from family dr., as i said, i don't have a family dr. and my question is what to do if not: should i go to any dr (before the official one i.e. seiden or medysis) and make ALL the exams. Why? because as i haven't been much to de dr and for long time, the centers or hospitals i've been, for let,s say a back pain, or whatever, they don't keep the files after 5 years, they destroy it. That,s my issue. I can only give verbally the dr. my medical history, but nothing to prove it...hm!...

Anyone had this happen?

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

Timeline

Hello Knowledge,

I am like that too.

No need for doctors.

Unless you need to find out if you are dying of something, try to find your vaccination records from forever, and do call the doctor's office that will be doing the official exam and tell them which vaccinations you already have and they will tell you what you are missing and therefore will have to pay for if done with them.

Their exam consists of a chest x-ray, blood test and a short physical....see many reviews in this Canadian Forum.

Hi there, you're a K-1, you'll have to do all the immigration medical at the end of your journey, like me now. So, no hurry for you. Medical records and vaccination records are not quite the same...they say the medical history...But, thanks, i appreciate your concern. (F)

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

In USA:

Timeline
sister -the doctor who will perform your medical will take your medical history again - no need for previous medical records. Not that I know of. I didn't have any and things went smooth (discounting the fact that Dr. Chana in Edmonton is an a-hole)

lol thank you sista...That relieves me a lot (F) So you say you did give him your medical history verbally, right?

But, i'm sory you had a bad experience...what happened with that dr???

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

In USA:

Filed: Timeline
sister -the doctor who will perform your medical will take your medical history again - no need for previous medical records. Not that I know of. I didn't have any and things went smooth (discounting the fact that Dr. Chana in Edmonton is an a-hole)

lol thank you sista...That relieves me a lot (F) So you say you did give him your medical history verbally, right?

But, i'm sory you had a bad experience...what happened with that dr???

Nothing spectacular really, he was just the kind of doctor I was happy not to have as a family physician. Kind of rude, the jerk.

And yes, I gave him the history verbally - ONLY answering to his questions without volunteering extra tidbits of info.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Knowledge, are you concerned about your health? If there's some pain or something like that then go to yoyour doctor, but if you feel fine then you don't need to.

Len, I'm sorry to hear about your experience (sending out some brotherly love (L) ). I remember a while back that my Grandmother had the shingles and went to a doctor (a female that too) who looked at her like she was a leper (wouldn't even touch her). Went to my dermatologist and totally different story. Her took her in immediately and treated her pronto.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Hello Knowledge,

I am like that too.

No need for doctors.

Hi there, you're a K-1, you'll have to do all the immigration medical at the end of your journey, like me now. So, no hurry for you. Medical records and vaccination records are not quite the same...they say the medical history...But, thanks, i appreciate your concern. (F)

Oh my medical is done, baby.

Is it ever...I was having a heart attack as I do like like anything to do with Western medicine/check-ups.

I didn't want to be shot nor x-rayed...and what choice did I have...

Got it done and am still suffering from psychosomatic ailments.

Hahaha.

It's true.

No more to do ever! :)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline
Thanks for the fast reply guys, but i'm not talking about the immunization stuff, ( this is easy to do, if youdon't have the records, to resolve it by a blood test which tells you which ones you need or not) and i have some copies i saved.

What i'm talking about is the 1st request: Medical records from family dr., as i said, i don't have a family dr. and my question is what to do if not: should i go to any dr (before the official one i.e. seiden or medysis) and make ALL the exams. Why? because as i haven't been much to de dr and for long time, the centers or hospitals i've been, for let,s say a back pain, or whatever, they don't keep the files after 5 years, they destroy it. That,s my issue. I can only give verbally the dr. my medical history, but nothing to prove it...hm!...

Anyone had this happen?

don't worry. they hubby hadn't been to a dr. for at least 10 years. and had basically no immunization record other than tetanus from the last time he jabbed himself with a rusty nail at work-they made him go, I tried to make him go but failed, so told on him :devil: anyway, don't worry a completely verbal medical history is fine

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Timeline

The medical was pretty quick and painless. Dr did a quick routine check and then asked some questions. You can answer them anyway u want (honestly of course) They have no clue, he isnt about to contact ur local Dr. Iswear thats why they only accept cash (at least my Dr) everything is on the low and low,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Thank you a million girls and guys for your detailed infos. (F)(F)(F)(F) It's precious to me. And sorry to hear some doctors lack of professionalism, especially towards vulnerable patients. Best is to refuse the appt and search for the best one. I have some worries, but i hope all will go great.

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

NVC :

In USA:

Timeline

it will be the least thorough exam of your life. the immigration docs seem to just be looking for a few major issues. they don't care at all about general health concerns. it'll be fine:)

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.