Boris

airfare to Russia

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi all.Now,when my green card is on the way and everything is great we are starting to look for affordable tickets to Russia.I didn't look through many sites yet but so far i couldn't find anything good.Can you please share your experience of finding tickets through the internet or maybe some other way.

Thank you very much

Edited by Boris

we are all of the same kind

Google: Cheap airfare, cheap tickets, discount airfare, etc.

You can also search some of the sites like Yahoo, travelocity, expedia, etc., but the best deals on the Net are on the small, unheard of sites that you can "discover" when you do a websearch. (Like Kayak.com) I found one last summer to Bahrain that saved me about $2,000. I forget who it was through, but I spent about two hours searching through all the sites plugging in dates and routes, and ended up getting it really cheap.

Tips: Travel on weekdays with at least a weekend stay. Have at least one layover, and make that layover a "vacation" in itself. I had a 17-hour layover in Paris and got to see the Eiffel Tower, Arc d'Triomphe, Lourve, Notre Dame, etc. FOR FREE!!!! (Well, I rode the bus from the airport for $8 or whatever it was.) And be flexible with your dates as much as possible. You can save literally thousands of dollars by switching a day or two later or earlier.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Be cautious of Expedia. I just got back from a trip I booked through them. I was happy I got the cheapest price, but customer service is horrible. They are based in India, I couldn't understand the speaker for the life of me. They dont give you seat numbers, you find out you are the last seat on the plan when you check in. Fun stuff I tell you. Search around! Sometimes with all these search engines, I got the lowest price going through the actual airline. Good luck :)

12140.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I've flown many times back and forth from the ukraine the last several months and have found a couple of good sites that search the other travel engines and typically provide consolidator tickets which can be far cheaper. Check bt-store.com and mobissimo.com. Between the two you should find the best prices available on the net. You can also try Primefares.com which is really just a front for a travel agency. However, Gary at Primefares (877) 687-3273 x102 was able to get me the best price and best flight for this journey. I would recommend him to anyone traveling internationally.

K-1 Visa Timeline

4/9/07 - Mailed 129-f to CSC

4/10/07 - Received at CSC

4/11/07 - NOA1

8/3/07 - NOA2 116 days

8/6/07 - Touch (notice of approval)

8/21 - Sent to NVC (allegedly)

8/25 - 8/29 - Traveled to Ukraine to see my baby!

8/31 - Actually sent to NVC at 6:27pm (I knew that allegedly was appropriate)

9/7 - Received at NVC (finally), case number assigned!!!

9/11 - Sent by NVC to Kiev!

9/24 - Interview set via phonecall

9/25 - Medical Appt - passed!

11/2 - Interview - APPROVED

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

12/13 - Civil Marriage Ceremony

1/29 - Mailed AOS, EAD, AP

2/4 - NOA1

3/20 - EAD and AP approved

5/10 - Wedding Ceremony

5/27 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We got a great fare ($796 R?T) flying out of JFK on realitivly short notice. This was direct from Delta, the best I could find. It is fairly cheap for us to get to NYC.

Where are you going from?

Hi all.Now,when my green card is on the way and everything is great we are starting to look for affordable tickets to Russia.I didn't look through many sites yet but so far i couldn't find anything good.Can you please share your experience of finding tickets through the internet or maybe some other way.

Thank you very much

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

For this recent trip a week ago I paid $1108.00 R/T from Delta... Atlanta - Moscow.

For my travel and time factors involved I've found it easier ,and most of the time same price or cheaper than the internet companies, to call Delta on the phone and make my reservations.

I get to pick my seats also.

bruc

For this recent trip a week ago I paid $1108.00 R/T from Delta... Atlanta - Moscow.

For my travel and time factors involved I've found it easier ,and most of the time same price or cheaper than the internet companies, to call Delta on the phone and make my reservations.

I get to pick my seats also.

bruc

Delta is pretty good when it comes to customer service and friendliness. That's hard to find nowadays! I add a SkyMiles # to it when I call, and I feel like they just buttered my bread after I hang up.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I agree with you slim, Delta has always been the best airline I've flown with. I also think they take better care of their fleet than the other airlines.

I know that sometimes I may pay more for my tickets, but I trust Delta and was glad for them to come out of BR.

I've about got to the point where if Delta don't go there then I don't need to go there.

bruc

Timeline

One piece of advice I have about airlines...Polish LOT at least from Poland really overcharges. To fly to Moscow they want $530, not during summer time. But if you travel to Germany (Berlin for instance) and fly via Germanwings for around $230 round trip...Just a good thing for everyone to keep in mind if they are coming from Europe :) If it's off topic sorry...

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

One piece of advice I have about airlines...Polish LOT at least from Poland really overcharges. To fly to Moscow they want $530, not during summer time. But if you travel to Germany (Berlin for instance) and fly via Germanwings for around $230 round trip...Just a good thing for everyone to keep in mind if they are coming from Europe :) If it's off topic sorry...

That's not off topic at all! Thanks Milenka.

Русский форум член.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've found these two site consistently give me the best deals on flights from NYC to Moscow:

http://www.mobissimo.com/search_airfare.php

http://www.bt-store.com/

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

Timeline
I've found these two site consistently give me the best deals on flights from NYC to Moscow:

http://www.mobissimo.com/search_airfare.php

http://www.bt-store.com/

Fixin to make a visit going thru Moscow ever heard of these guys ???

http://www.asaptickets.com/?r=6&k=3115...CFR3qgAodYmDQIQ

low prices ??? To low ???

Russia and CIS

$430 * Moscow

$479 * Kiev

$460 * Saint Petersburg

$479 * Odessa

$739 * Yerevan

$574 * Chisinau

$479 * Lviv

$574 * Kharkiv

$1075 * Almaty

$574 * Dnipropetrovsk

More cities in...

I 129F received 06-15-05

NOA 1 From CSC 06-23-05

Touched !!!! 07-06-05

10 Emails Approved 07-05-05

08-06-05

Fiancee received packet from Moscow Interveiw Nov. 8

Recieved no confirmation

Nov.. 8 Passed interview waiting for Visa

Leaving for the USA Nov. 24

Married December 10

K1 K2 AOS AP 03-26-06

NOA 04-01-06

Biometrics 04-22-06

Touched 04-24-06

INFO PASS AP got it in 30 min. 06-15-06

Changed address 06-24-06

Touched 06-25-06

Touched 07-12-06

Touched 07-22-06 Will we ever get an interveiw

AOS Interveiw rec. in mail for Dec. 5, 06. 09-10-06

Interveiw approved GC in the mail Dec 5 ,06

Recieved K1 & K2 Greencards in the mail nine days after approval 12-14-06

10 yr cards on the way !!! 06 - 15- 09

i 'm flying from DC to Saint-Petersburg.So it's more expensive than flying from NYC to Moscow

So then why do it?

You can take public trans on both sides of the pond (the bus, a train) for pretty cheap, so why fly somewhere more expensive? Why not take the train from DC to NYC and the bus/train from Moscow to ST. Petersburg? You could probably save a lot of money like that.

Русский форум член.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
i 'm flying from DC to Saint-Petersburg.So it's more expensive than flying from NYC to Moscow

So then why do it?

You can take public trans on both sides of the pond (the bus, a train) for pretty cheap, so why fly somewhere more expensive? Why not take the train from DC to NYC and the bus/train from Moscow to ST. Petersburg? You could probably save a lot of money like that.

it's not true.i checked it.if i would like to fly drom NYC to Moscow,i would have to take a train to NYC and then train or a plane from Moscow to SPB,it would cost me the same.so it's not a good way.

we are all of the same kind

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.