punter13

N-400 oath was descheduled (Dallas). Any advice?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello folks! Need your opinions about my next steps as I am literally hitting a dead end.

I was originally supposed to take oath on July 12th in Dallas-FortWorth area. But in same week I got the letter telling that my oath ceremony was descheduled due to unforeseen reasons by USCIS. 

For anyone wondering I had combo N-400/I-751 interview in April 2018 and I opted for name correction during interview. My I-751 was approved in May 2018 and N-400 was approved in June 2018. Unfortunately I never received my actual green card.

I called USCIS so many times to figure out what is going on. But every time I was given nothing but some ridiculous answers. One officer said we don’t schedule oath for 2-3 people, while another officer said I was overbooked in the first oath schedule that is why I was descheduled. And the very last officer that I talked today was claiming that I am still within processing timeframe of my local field office which is 15-17 months. The last conversation was the biggest BS I heard from USCIS helpline. How am i still adhered to processing time when my N-400 is already approved.

I even wrote mails to my state senators but it was fruitless sighting same old processing time BS. Went to the field office two times but again not useful. I was only given 4 months of I-551 stamp when I asked for my permanent residency proof.

What should be my next steps given that USCIS is not willing to give me my 10 years green card because of N-400?

Thanks everyone for your advice!!

Removal of Conditions
09/06/2016 Sent I-751 package to CSC

09/09/2016 USCIS received package
09/13/2016 Check cleared
09/15/2016 NOA1 hard copy. Date 09/09/2016

04/11/2018 Combo interview with N-400

05/10/2018 I-751 approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, punter13 said:

Hello folks! Need your opinions about my next steps as I am literally hitting a dead end.

I was originally supposed to take oath on July 12th in Dallas-FortWorth area. But in same week I got the letter telling that my oath ceremony was descheduled due to unforeseen reasons by USCIS. 

For anyone wondering I had combo N-400/I-751 interview in April 2018 and I opted for name correction during interview. My I-751 was approved in May 2018 and N-400 was approved in June 2018. Unfortunately I never received my actual green card.

I called USCIS so many times to figure out what is going on. But every time I was given nothing but some ridiculous answers. One officer said we don’t schedule oath for 2-3 people, while another officer said I was overbooked in the first oath schedule that is why I was descheduled. And the very last officer that I talked today was claiming that I am still within processing timeframe of my local field office which is 15-17 months. The last conversation was the biggest BS I heard from USCIS helpline. How am i still adhered to processing time when my N-400 is already approved.

I even wrote mails to my state senators but it was fruitless sighting same old processing time BS. Went to the field office two times but again not useful. I was only given 4 months of I-551 stamp when I asked for my permanent residency proof.

What should be my next steps given that USCIS is not willing to give me my 10 years green card because of N-400?

Thanks everyone for your advice!!

If you are in line for the oath ceremony why do you need your 10 yr GC?  Are you anticipating they will be rescinding your N400 approval? 

I wonder if the original oath ceremony you were scheduled for was an administrative oath and with your name change you needed to be put into a judicial oath group, pure speculation on my part, but some local offices conduct both types of ceremonies.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

If you are in line for the oath ceremony why do you need your 10 yr GC?  Are you anticipating they will be rescinding your N400 approval? 

I wonder if the original oath ceremony you were scheduled for was an administrative oath and with your name change you needed to be put into a judicial oath group, pure speculation on my part, but some local offices conduct both types of ceremonies.

Good Luck!

The reason for my demand of green card is USCIS is keeping me in limbo with N-400 oath. Field office people themselves are not sure when I would be rescheduled for oath again. The 4 month I-551 stamp is useless given that I may go to my home country for vacation in December and I will have to go again for a stamp. Plus I can not take any europian routes due to transit visa requirement (Already went through painful process last year. Plus it costs extra money). I know people here will say I-551 stamp is same as actual green card. But I completely disagree with that. It is not same when you go out of a country. Countries that waive transit visa requirements for actual green card holder do not allow I-551 stamp as valid green card proof. Travelling with I-551 is a big nightmare as you have to keep explaining to airport officers.

There is nothing negative about my immigration journey. My background is clean. No tickets, no criminal history, and paying all taxes on time. I was even told by USCIS officer that oath descheduling has nothing to do with me.

My original oath ceremony was indeed judicial ceremony scheduled at court. 

Removal of Conditions
09/06/2016 Sent I-751 package to CSC

09/09/2016 USCIS received package
09/13/2016 Check cleared
09/15/2016 NOA1 hard copy. Date 09/09/2016

04/11/2018 Combo interview with N-400

05/10/2018 I-751 approved!

1 hour ago, punter13 said:

The reason for my demand of green card is USCIS is keeping me in limbo with N-400 oath. Field office people themselves are not sure when I would be rescheduled for oath again. The 4 month I-551 stamp is useless given that I may go to my home country for vacation in December and I will have to go again for a stamp. Plus I can not take any europian routes due to transit visa requirement (Already went through painful process last year. Plus it costs extra money). I know people here will say I-551 stamp is same as actual green card. But I completely disagree with that. It is not same when you go out of a country. Countries that waive transit visa requirements for actual green card holder do not allow I-551 stamp as valid green card proof. Travelling with I-551 is a big nightmare as you have to keep explaining to airport officers.

There is nothing negative about my immigration journey. My background is clean. No tickets, no criminal history, and paying all taxes on time. I was even told by USCIS officer that oath descheduling has nothing to do with me.

My original oath ceremony was indeed judicial ceremony scheduled at court. 

I can't comment on the reasons behind the delayed oath. 

But the i551 stamp is an actual AND valid evidence of your permanent resident status. Agreed it's not the same as having a green card. There are a number of threads under the Removal of Condition sub-forum that detail the familiarity of the i551 stamp in most countries/airlines, including India and Europe. 

Are you aware of this document? Airlines are expected to consult this to board pax; relevant info on Pg 39. 

**And have you checked with others VJ members in your region who've been affected by the delayed/cancelled oaths? If there are, then there's something going on with that Regional Office, and if others are not affected, then there's something in your paperwork that needs to be checked out. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.