Jump to content
JJtheJetPlane

K1 Status "At NVC" What Are Next Steps?

29 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have received my fiancee's case number from the NVC about 2 weeks ago. Is there anything we can do now while we wait for the HCMC Consulate to receive the case? I've read conflicting reports on whether we can file the DS-160, pay the fees and schedule an interview now. Some say to wait and others say you can go ahead and file it now. Also, can we have the medical and immunizations done now? What other things can we do to prepare?

 

Thanks so much to everyone on this site for all your great information! I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without your great information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JJtheJetPlane said:

I have received my fiancee's case number from the NVC about 2 weeks ago. Is there anything we can do now while we wait for the HCMC Consulate to receive the case? I've read conflicting reports on whether we can file the DS-160, pay the fees and schedule an interview now. Some say to wait and others say you can go ahead and file it now. Also, can we have the medical and immunizations done now? What other things can we do to prepare?

 

Thanks so much to everyone on this site for all your great information! I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without your great information!

Read your assigned embassy website. The best source for up to date and actual information


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

Read your assigned embassy website. The best source for up to date and actual information

I have but they don't say anything about any of that. They just say wait until you get packet 3 from them but I'm trying to see if anyone has gone through this recently that would know what can be done right now as to make sure we can get the earliest appointment available and have everything ready to go.

 

I'm seeing other threads saying that the medical and immunizations can take a very long time to finish so if we could start the process now, it would help us finish the whole K1 process faster.

Edited by JJtheJetPlane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JJtheJetPlane said:

I have but they don't say anything about any of that. They just say wait until you get packet 3 from them but I'm trying to see if anyone has gone through this recently that would know what can be done right now as to make sure we can get the earliest appointment available and have everything ready to go.

 

I'm seeing other threads saying that the medical and immunizations can take a very long time to finish so if we could start the process now, it would help us finish the whole K1 process faster.

Find others that have been or are going through the process in VJ. There is a subforum for your country  in VJ. I made friends there also and pretty much everyone here is willing to comment and help you out. I wish I could help you, but we filed k-1 in Ukraine. I have no specifics about Vietnam. Suggestion: PM other VJ, be kind and respectful. I did it and even get off and on PM from others in Ukraine looking for assistance


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

Find others that have been or are going through the process in VJ. There is a subforum for your country  in VJ. I made friends there also and pretty much everyone here is willing to comment and help you out. I wish I could help you, but we filed k-1 in Ukraine. I have no specifics about Vietnam. Suggestion: PM other VJ, be kind and respectful. I did it and even get off and on PM from others in Ukraine looking for assistance

This is the Vietnam subforum that I posted this in. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JJtheJetPlane said:

This is the Vietnam subforum that I posted this in. :wacko:

My bad. just noticed it


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JJtheJetPlane said:

No problem, I appreciate your suggestions. :D

Anything else K-1 i can help. Sorry for the confussion. PM me anytime. I usually answer pretty quick. We are doing AOS now and got our NOA-1 already


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What you can do is watch your status on the CEAC website. When it says READY, it means the file has been sent off to the US Consulate in Saigon.

 

What you can also do is contact the US Consulate in Saigon (via their online inquiry page -- link below) with your HCM-XXXXXX number, asking if they have received your physical file. The Consulate normally receives the electronic version first and the physical comes a week or two later. Once they have your physical file, they will mail your Packet 3 within 3-4 weeks of receiving the physical file. If you have not heard from them after 3-4 weeks, go back to the Online Inquiry page and ask them to email you a copy of the Packet 3.

 

I would wait until the Consulate has received your physical file before trying to fill out the DS160, pay Visa fee, and schedule the interview.

 

Vaccination and panel medical exam cannot be done until you have received a copy of Packet 3 letter. 

 

Online inquiry page:

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

 

Here is the link to the CEAC website to check your case status:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

 

You want to select NON-IMMIGRANT VISA and VIETNAM, HO CHI MINH CITY on that CEAC page.

Edited by frontgear

maWqm5.png

ROC Journey

09 MAY 2017: Mailed I-751 to California Svc Center (CSC)

11 MAY 2017: I-751 package delivered to CSC

15 MAY 2017: NOA1 sent (got lost in the mail)

31 MAY 2017: Biometrics letter received

05 JUN 2017: Completed biometrics (walk-in)

23 JUN 2017: Received replacement copy of NOA1
 

ZjMTm5.png

N-400 Journey

14 MAY 2018: Mailed N-400 to Dallas Lockbox

17 MAY 2018: Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

04 JUN 2018: Received NOA1

08 JUN 2018: Received biometrics letter

21 JUN 2018: Completed biometrics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, frontgear said:

What you can do is watch your status on the CEAC website. When it says READY, it means the file has been sent off to the US Consulate in Saigon.

 

What you can also do is contact the US Consulate in Saigon (via their online inquiry page -- link below) with your HCM-XXXXXX number, asking if they have received your physical file. The Consulate normally receives the electronic version first and the physical comes a week or two later. Once they have your physical file, they will mail your Packet 3 within 3-4 weeks of receiving the physical file. If you have not heard from them after 3-4 weeks, go back to the Online Inquiry page and ask them to email you a copy of the Packet 3.

 

I would wait until the Consulate has received your physical file before trying to fill out the DS160, pay Visa fee, and schedule the interview.

 

Vaccination and panel medical exam cannot be done until you have received a copy of Packet 3 letter. 

 

Online inquiry page:

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

Thanks frontgear! Just what I needed to know. Also my fiancee doesn't have her immunization records. Is there a way she can do the vaccinations now instead of waiting for the exam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JJtheJetPlane said:

Thanks frontgear! Just what I needed to know. Also my fiancee doesn't have her immunization records. Is there a way she can do the vaccinations now instead of waiting for the exam?

 

You will need the confirmation page of the interview appointment in addition to the Packet 3 letter for both vaccination and medical exam, which cannot happen until you filled out DS160, paid Visa fee, and scheduled your appointment.

 

Btw, I've just updated my earlier post with links to the CEAC website.

 

Here is the K1 instructions in case you have not seen it already. Packet 3 is just a single letter with your HCM-XXXXXX number and a link to this same document.

 

HCM_Ho-Chi-Minh-City.pdf

Edited by frontgear

maWqm5.png

ROC Journey

09 MAY 2017: Mailed I-751 to California Svc Center (CSC)

11 MAY 2017: I-751 package delivered to CSC

15 MAY 2017: NOA1 sent (got lost in the mail)

31 MAY 2017: Biometrics letter received

05 JUN 2017: Completed biometrics (walk-in)

23 JUN 2017: Received replacement copy of NOA1
 

ZjMTm5.png

N-400 Journey

14 MAY 2018: Mailed N-400 to Dallas Lockbox

17 MAY 2018: Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

04 JUN 2018: Received NOA1

08 JUN 2018: Received biometrics letter

21 JUN 2018: Completed biometrics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, frontgear said:

 

You will need the confirmation page of the interview appointment in addition to the Packet 3 letter for both vaccination and medical exam, which cannot happen until you filled out DS160, paid Visa fee, and scheduled your appointment.

 

Btw, I've just updated my earlier post with links to the CEAC website.

 

Here is the K1 instructions in case you have not seen it already. Packet 3 is just a single letter with your HCM-XXXXXX number and a link to this same document.

 

HCM_Ho-Chi-Minh-City.pdf

Great, thanks again frontgear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, frontgear said:

What you can do is watch your status on the CEAC website. When it says READY, it means the file has been sent off to the US Consulate in Saigon.

 

What you can also do is contact the US Consulate in Saigon (via their online inquiry page -- link below) with your HCM-XXXXXX number, asking if they have received your physical file. The Consulate normally receives the electronic version first and the physical comes a week or two later. Once they have your physical file, they will mail your Packet 3 within 3-4 weeks of receiving the physical file. If you have not heard from them after 3-4 weeks, go back to the Online Inquiry page and ask them to email you a copy of the Packet 3.

 

I would wait until the Consulate has received your physical file before trying to fill out the DS160, pay Visa fee, and schedule the interview.

 

Vaccination and panel medical exam cannot be done until you have received a copy of Packet 3 letter. 

 

Online inquiry page:

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

 

Here is the link to the CEAC website to check your case status:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

 

You want to select NON-IMMIGRANT VISA and VIETNAM, HO CHI MINH CITY on that CEAC page.

For checking the status of your visa, you should select IMMIGRANT VISA (IV) and not NON-IMMIGRANT VISA.

We just recently completed the interview on June 8, 2018. Below is my timeline for your reference.

Prior to receiving the email with the one page invitation letter (Packet 3) from the U.S. Consulate General , I completed the DS-160 and I-134; registered an account at http://ustraveldocs.com/vn/index.html?firstTime=No, paid the visa fee and scheduled the interview. Please note that interview can only be rescheduled one time without incurring additional fee. I did not encounter any visa processing issues with completing these items before receiving the invitation letter.  

 

Consulate :Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent :2017-09-01

I-129F NOA1 :2017-09-06

I-129F RFE(s) :2018-03-16

RFE Reply(s) :2018-03-26

I-129F NOA2 :2018-04-11

NVC Received :2018-04-27

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2018-04-30

NVC Left :2018-05-09

Consulate Received :2018-05-11

Packet 3 Received :2018-05-14

Packet 3 Sent :2018-05-15

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :2018-06-08  Submit Review

Interview Result :Approved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Nle Unless I'm mistaken, prior to being approved at the interview, your case is a NON-IMMIGRANT VISA. This is to monitor your case status BEFORE the interview.

 

After you got approved, it will change to IMMIGRANT VISA if you want to find out whether your Visa has been printed and sent on its way.

 

Never mind, I got it backward. It is IMMIGRANT VISA (IV) and after approval, it becomes NON-IMMIGRANT VISA.

Edited by frontgear

maWqm5.png

ROC Journey

09 MAY 2017: Mailed I-751 to California Svc Center (CSC)

11 MAY 2017: I-751 package delivered to CSC

15 MAY 2017: NOA1 sent (got lost in the mail)

31 MAY 2017: Biometrics letter received

05 JUN 2017: Completed biometrics (walk-in)

23 JUN 2017: Received replacement copy of NOA1
 

ZjMTm5.png

N-400 Journey

14 MAY 2018: Mailed N-400 to Dallas Lockbox

17 MAY 2018: Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

04 JUN 2018: Received NOA1

08 JUN 2018: Received biometrics letter

21 JUN 2018: Completed biometrics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nle said:

For checking the status of your visa, you should select IMMIGRANT VISA (IV) and not NON-IMMIGRANT VISA.

We just recently completed the interview on June 8, 2018. Below is my timeline for your reference.

Prior to receiving the email with the one page invitation letter (Packet 3) from the U.S. Consulate General , I completed the DS-160 and I-134; registered an account at http://ustraveldocs.com/vn/index.html?firstTime=No, paid the visa fee and scheduled the interview. Please note that interview can only be rescheduled one time without incurring additional fee. I did not encounter any visa processing issues with completing these items before receiving the invitation letter.  

 

Consulate :Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent :2017-09-01

I-129F NOA1 :2017-09-06

I-129F RFE(s) :2018-03-16

RFE Reply(s) :2018-03-26

I-129F NOA2 :2018-04-11

NVC Received :2018-04-27

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2018-04-30

NVC Left :2018-05-09

Consulate Received :2018-05-11

Packet 3 Received :2018-05-14

Packet 3 Sent :2018-05-15

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :2018-06-08  Submit Review

Interview Result :Approved

Great info! I have received notification that the case is "In Transit" to HCMC! Thanks so much, I will submit the DS-160 tonight and schedule the interview. Were you able to get a medical check appointment right away? Where did you have it done, IOM or Cho Ray? How was the experience? My fiancee does not have any immunization records unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×