Luciegurtlerova

Visa B-2

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hello everyone,

please could you help me find out some my questions. I was living in USA 2 years with visa J1 then i changed them for visa B2 for another 6 months. On November I left USA to came back to Czech Republic and my host family received a letter with approved but just for one day, my luck as always someone made mistake however the embassy in Czech told me this should be okay. Then on February I saw that my status was denied didn’t get it what’s was wrong so I tried called to USCIS but they could help me cause they saw just the approved letter so resent the letter again and again I received the approval. Yesterday I checked the status again and was approved so I guess again some mistakes :( Now I need to found out how to put those visa to my passport cause I wanna travel to USA. I live in London by now so I need made a appointment to the American embassy and ask them for visa so they already gonna ask me about my journey to USA so I should have everything ready, right. Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can certainly apply for a B Visa, with all that time in the US seems like it might be a long shot getting one.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You can certainly apply for a B Visa, with all that time in the US seems like it might be a long shot getting one.

So I’ll made an appointment and they should give me visa B2 to my passport right ? Should I preper myself for some questions etc. thank you 

Timeline

You can certainly apply for a visa, whether they will give you one or not time will tell.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
41 minutes ago, Luciegurtlerova said:

So I’ll made an appointment and they should give me visa B2 to my passport right ? Should I preper myself for some questions etc. thank you 

Whether they will approve the visa or not depends on your ties to the UK.

From what you have posted with your trips to the USA it seems unlikely you will get the visa.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, az2014 said:

From what you have posted with your trips to the USA it seems unlikely you will get the visa.

11 minutes ago, az2014 said:

Hello,

but it I already get the approved of B2 so I don’t get it where is the problem? And I cannot apply just for Esta right ? When my status is change. Thank you 

Timeline

So you went to the Consulate and have the Visa?

What did you file for?  You can file to change status, but you can not file from J1 to another visa while in the US.  What form did you use?  If you want meaningful help, then tell us exactly what you filed for.

You may be confusing with a change of status vs getting a visa.

Edited by Jojo92122

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jojo92122 said:

What did you file for?  You can file to change status, but you can not file from J1 to another visa while in the US.  What form did you use?

You may be confusing with a change of status vs getting a visa.

I applied in USA for B2 when my J1 visa finished and they approved and now I just need to put them to the passport so my question was is normal steps to made a appointment or so ... yes I’m confused with everything:( so many complications 

5 minutes ago, Luciegurtlerova said:

I applied in USA for B2 when my J1 visa finished and they approved and now I just need to put them to the passport so my question was is normal steps to made a appointment or so ... yes I’m confused with everything:( so many complications 

What form did you file?   It would be less complicated to help you if you could answer this.

6 minutes ago, Luciegurtlerova said:

Maybe you applied for a change of status from J1 to B2 while in the US.

You are not in the US anymore so you do not have that status anymore.

It has nothing to do with applying for a B2 visa now.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jojo92122 said:

What form did you file?   It would be less complicated to help you if you could answer this.

Form I-539, form G 1145 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Just now, Luciegurtlerova said:

Form I-539, form G 1145 

you didn't get the visa. They do not issue visa within the US.

You changed your status from J1 to visitor. You do not get a physical visa sticker.

And if you have traveled abroad and wish to return, you need to get another visa.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, az2014 said:

Maybe you applied for a change of status from J1 to B2 while in the US.

You are not in the US anymore so you do not have that status anymore.

It has nothing to do with applying for a B2 visa now.

So I can apply just for ESTA ? Better for me . Sorry for confusing but I really don’t know .. that’s why I’m here to find out what can I do 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mcdull said:

you didn't get the visa. They do not issue visa within the US.

You changed your status from J1 to visitor. You do not get a physical visa sticker.

And if you have traveled abroad and wish to return, you need to get another visa.

I thought that visa B2 are for 10 years . So I can just apply for ESTA , thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.