Tierra

Someone pls help

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I need answers to the following;

When scheduling your appointment at the US Embassy will they make your medical exam and interview close the same time? I know it takes about 2 days for the medical results, but my fiancé needs to know the exact amount of time due to work.

Will they be taking my fiancé’s passport from him at the interview and if so how long until they return it?

The travel ban. My fiancé is from Iran. Should we wait to schedule his interview until they’ve come up with a final ruling?

Government issued document it ID? Would a scanned copy of my passport be ok? 

Please help. This is so stressful! Thank you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
10 hours ago, Tierra said:

I need answers to the following;

When scheduling your appointment at the US Embassy will they make your medical exam and interview close the same time? I know it takes about 2 days for the medical results, but my fiancé needs to know the exact amount of time due to work.

Will they be taking my fiancé’s passport from him at the interview and if so how long until they return it?

The travel ban. My fiancé is from Iran. Should we wait to schedule his interview until they’ve come up with a final ruling?

Government issued document it ID? Would a scanned copy of my passport be ok? 

Please help. This is so stressful! Thank you! 

Here is what I know from my sister-in-law who interviewed in Yerevan.  Once you receive your interview date, email one of the Yerevan approved physicians (see attachment) .  Tell them the interview date and they will schedule a time for you to come for the medical exam.  It takes around 2 days for results.  I would buy my ticket for one week with the option to change if needed.  If the visa is approved they will keep his passport and the visa will be ready in a few days.  If you go into AP, they will return the passport so he can return home and wait.

A copy of your passport is ok as long as all of his documents (passport, birth cert, police cert, military card) are originals.  You might also start working on form DS-5535, because they will probably want this.   

I'm not sure about the travel ban.  I'm in the same situation because my husband is from Iran.  From what I've seen from others who have had a K1 interview, they will put your fiance in AP pending the supreme court ruling.  You might want to talk to an attorney before making travel arrangements.  

Yerevan Process.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.