ineedadisplayname

Bucharest consulate & medical paperwork needed

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi all,

I am trying to get ahead and compile a list I need to take with me to the interview (also the documents needed to be sent to me before the interview), and for the medical. After reading a lot of topics and consulate reviews here, I compiled a list. For the medical I found a page of Regina Maria, sent them an e-mail about the required documents but they didn't answer.....

Could please somebody take a look of the list who had the interview in Bucharest and the medical done by Regina Maria clinic? Wanted to post this in the Romanian portal, but I couldn't find there a way to open a topic.

So here is the list:

1. Beneficiary's passport
2. NOA2 (Copy or original?)
3. Petitioner to provide new Intent to marry addressed to the embassy in Bucharest (w/ wet signiture)
3. DS-160 (confirmation page w/ barecode)
4. Proof of payed visa fee
5. TNT Currier - Confirmation page of paying the fee
6. 2 Passport style photo
7. Affidavit of Support Form I-134 and supporting documents (w/ wet signiture)
8. Beneficiary's birth Certificate (original and copy)
9. Petitioner's divorce certificate copy
10. Beneficiary's police clearances from countries lived for more than 6 months.

11. Medical Exam (Found it on Regina Maria clinic's website)
    a. Pasaport (Passort)
    b. 4 poze tip 5/5 (4 US passport style photo)
    c. Adeverinta de la medicul de familie cu mentiunea „clinic sanatos” sau cu bolile avute si tratamentul urmat (?)
    d. Adeverinta de la medicul de familie cu vaccinurile efectuate sau un alt act doveditor cu mentionarea vaccinurilor efectuate (Vacctination record)
    e. Scrisoarea de invitatie la interviul la Ambasada SUA (Invitation letter to interview? How to get that? Do I need to book the interview before the medical?)
    f. Adresa din SUA unde va locui aplicantul (USA address where the beneficiary is going to live)

12. Proof of relationship(chats/email screenshots, proof we met since filing K1)

Maybe needed:
 13. Copy of beneficiary's passport (All pages?)
 14. Copy of petitioner's birth certificate or passport (all pages?)

I have some questions highlighted in the list, and the maybe needed items (13,14) are really needed?

Also the e-mails/chat logs should be printed as a screenshot or copied? Guess screenshots?

Thanks

Edited by ineedadisplayname

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi! Just wondering if you had to get an Apostille for the birth certificate and police certificate when you got them translated? Or you just got them translated without Apostille? I live in another country for a long time now, and I’m a little confused if I need those two documents certified translations or Apostille translations...

3 hours ago, AlexaF said:

Hi! Just wondering if you had to get an Apostille for the birth certificate and police certificate when you got them translated? Or you just got them translated without Apostille? I live in another country for a long time now, and I’m a little confused if I need those two documents certified translations or Apostille translations...

No apostille needed for the birth or police certificate. You will need the birth certificate translated to English for AoS, so try and get it done before you leave Romania. They will keep your police certificate at the interview.

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

On 3/17/2018 at 1:36 PM, ineedadisplayname said:

Hi all,

I am trying to get ahead and compile a list I need to take with me to the interview (also the documents needed to be sent to me before the interview), and for the medical. After reading a lot of topics and consulate reviews here, I compiled a list. For the medical I found a page of Regina Maria, sent them an e-mail about the required documents but they didn't answer.....

Could please somebody take a look of the list who had the interview in Bucharest and the medical done by Regina Maria clinic? Wanted to post this in the Romanian portal, but I couldn't find there a way to open a topic.

So here is the list:

1. Beneficiary's passport
2. NOA2 (Copy or original?)
3. Petitioner to provide new Intent to marry addressed to the embassy in Bucharest (w/ wet signiture)
3. DS-160 (confirmation page w/ barecode)
4. Proof of payed visa fee
5. TNT Currier - Confirmation page of paying the fee
6. 2 Passport style photo
7. Affidavit of Support Form I-134 and supporting documents (w/ wet signiture)
8. Beneficiary's birth Certificate (original and copy)
9. Petitioner's divorce certificate copy
10. Beneficiary's police clearances from countries lived for more than 6 months.

11. Medical Exam (Found it on Regina Maria clinic's website)
    a. Pasaport (Passort)
    b. 4 poze tip 5/5 (4 US passport style photo)
    c. Adeverinta de la medicul de familie cu mentiunea „clinic sanatos” sau cu bolile avute si tratamentul urmat (?)
    d. Adeverinta de la medicul de familie cu vaccinurile efectuate sau un alt act doveditor cu mentionarea vaccinurilor efectuate (Vacctination record)
    e. Scrisoarea de invitatie la interviul la Ambasada SUA (Invitation letter to interview? How to get that? Do I need to book the interview before the medical?)
    f. Adresa din SUA unde va locui aplicantul (USA address where the beneficiary is going to live)

12. Proof of relationship(chats/email screenshots, proof we met since filing K1)

Maybe needed:
 13. Copy of beneficiary's passport (All pages?)
 14. Copy of petitioner's birth certificate or passport (all pages?)

I have some questions highlighted in the list, and the maybe needed items (13,14) are really needed?

Also the e-mails/chat logs should be printed as a screenshot or copied? Guess screenshots?

Thanks

HI - I will try to address your table of contents according to what I found for our interview in March.

• NOA2 - we brought the original and they gave it back to us before we left - you will need it for AoS 
  • Intention to marry - should be updated to current date, no wet signature needed
  • Affidavit of support - does not need a wet signature
  • The divorce certificate should be a copy from the judge (i.e. the county where the divorce was finalized), not a photocopy. They will give this back at the end of the interview.
  • copy of biographical page of the beneficiary
  • proof of relationship - chat logs can just be printed 

For the medical

• passport
  • photos like you mentioned
  • vaccination report (obtain however you can, through family doctor or school records)
  • certificate of health from family doctor 
  • the embassy will not schedule an interview for you until a week after your medical, so I don't know what that's talking about - no "invitation" necessary...

Have you received your documents yet with instructions from the embassy? If not, I can email them to you. Just DM me your email address

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, BVGApeach said:

No apostille needed for the birth or police certificate. You will need the birth certificate translated to English for AoS, so try and get it done before you leave Romania. They will keep your police certificate at the interview.

@BVGApeach thank you! I don’t live in Romania for a while now, so I will get all done at the Romanian embassy where I reside atm.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 5/26/2018 at 1:14 AM, BVGApeach said:

HI - I will try to address your table of contents according to what I found for our interview in March.

• NOA2 - we brought the original and they gave it back to us before we left - you will need it for AoS 
  • Intention to marry - should be updated to current date, no wet signature needed
  • Affidavit of support - does not need a wet signature
  • The divorce certificate should be a copy from the judge (i.e. the county where the divorce was finalized), not a photocopy. They will give this back at the end of the interview.
  • copy of biographical page of the beneficiary
  • proof of relationship - chat logs can just be printed 

For the medical

• passport
  • photos like you mentioned
  • vaccination report (obtain however you can, through family doctor or school records)
  • certificate of health from family doctor 
  • the embassy will not schedule an interview for you until a week after your medical, so I don't know what that's talking about - no "invitation" necessary...

Have you received your documents yet with instructions from the embassy? If not, I can email them to you. Just DM me your email address

Strangely I didn't get any e-mail notification from the website and saw your reply only now.

I did receive the "instructions" e-mail from the embassy but honestly i would not say  instructions, some vague stuff about how to book the medical and basically that's all, and ah bring all your evidence with you.... Expected a little bit more, but thanks to you and others I knew what I need to bring.

From the original list they didn't ask for 2, 11e (you just need to provide the NVC number) 13 and 14.

As of birth certificate for the interview I had only the original and a copy, no translation. Somebody suggested  to change my birth certificate to the newer one which has English, French and Romanian on it so I won't need to translate it in the future. So I did that. Will see how that will work out for AOS...

Edited by ineedadisplayname

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.