lori2033

Affidavit of Support for USC returning w/UK Spouse

2 posts in this topic

My US daughter, after living in the UK for 10 years and married to a UK citizen for the last 4, is bringing her husband and 2 children (with US passports) back to the US.  Her husband will be working in a family business once they arrive.  She is in the process of filling out the Affidavit of Support and need help:

1. Since their income from UK jobs will not continue once they leave the UK, how does she fill in the income - she is employed until they depart the UK, not retired, not unemployed (check boxes).    Does she fill it in? Does she leave it blank?  Put in N/A?  

2.How does she count her household?  Is it 4 even though she and their 2 children are US citizens? 

3. Finally, would it be beneficial for them to include the US employment confirmation and terms as supporting documentation?

I have filled out the Affidavit of Support as a joint sponsor for the immigrant, my son-in-law.  I want to be sure my form is correct so they have no glitches.

1. I am retired and using my pension and Social Security to meet the support requirements.  Do I count my household as 3? Me, my spouse, and the immigrant, my son in law.  Or, do I include  my daughter and two children who are also coming - but are US Citizens and, therefore, not immigrating.

2. With the form, I am including our most recent tax return.  Since the income I am reporting is mine - does my husband have to fill out a I864a?  I am not using his social security or pension to meet support.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
50 minutes ago, lori2033 said:

My US daughter, after living in the UK for 10 years and married to a UK citizen for the last 4, is bringing her husband and 2 children (with US passports) back to the US.  Her husband will be working in a family business once they arrive.  She is in the process of filling out the Affidavit of Support and need help:

1. Since their income from UK jobs will not continue once they leave the UK, how does she fill in the income - she is employed until they depart the UK, not retired, not unemployed (check boxes).    Does she fill it in? Does she leave it blank?  Put in N/A?  

2.How does she count her household?  Is it 4 even though she and their 2 children are US citizens? 

3. Finally, would it be beneficial for them to include the US employment confirmation and terms as supporting documentation?

I have filled out the Affidavit of Support as a joint sponsor for the immigrant, my son-in-law.  I want to be sure my form is correct so they have no glitches.

1. I am retired and using my pension and Social Security to meet the support requirements.  Do I count my household as 3? Me, my spouse, and the immigrant, my son in law.  Or, do I include  my daughter and two children who are also coming - but are US Citizens and, therefore, not immigrating.

2. With the form, I am including our most recent tax return.  Since the income I am reporting is mine - does my husband have to fill out a I864a?  I am not using his social security or pension to meet support.

you will need to include all, I believe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.