Rachellenativ

Why is my I601 waiver taking longer to take process?

70 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2018 at 11:45 PM, Franco007 said:

Hi,

I have a similar case like yours for my spouse who i am filing for and have been apart from her since 2011 when she voluntarily returned home so we can follow the law and file the I-601. But while she was overseas the last administration approved the I-601a in 2013 which is same thing as I-601 but now you do not have to leave the United States to file.... But to cut the long story short, we were approved to file the I-601 waiver in September 2016 and sent the documents in December 2016. The main issue why it takes longer now is the I-601a filers who did not leave like you and my spouse who did the right thing and left to file from home country. So since 2014/2015 when USCIS started receiving a lot of I-601a applications they tend to work on those quicker since they are already here so they do not get deported, which to me should not be the case as they are already here in the United States. I think they should help those who are apart quicker to come together as a family.

Below is also how you track your case specific date to know how close they are getting to your case date. which is the date they received your waiver application. Use this explanation below and follow the link to check processing times.....

Hope this helps make you understand the processing updates a little better.

Bottom Right Date:- Means the last date they updated the website on all cases (January 5, 2018).

Top Processing Date:- Means the last date they got this update from for all cases (October 31, 2017).

Case Specific Date:- Means the date the cases were submitted to that office for processing (October 12, 2016 for I-601 cases).

All this means is that as of close of business on October 31, 2017 they were working on I-601 cases that were submitted on October 12, 2016. 

Which means that from the previous update as of September 30, 2017 they were working on cases submitted on October 1, 2016 they only moved 11 days by the time it was October 31, 2017.

This has happened three time last year when they moved just a week or two instead of their usual monthly case movements.

I called USCIS earlier this year to know what happened and this was the explanation they gave me:

-They get behind in some months due to number of cases submitted in a given day or month they are working on (High or Low Volume of case submitted)

-They also go back to work on cases reviewed and kept on ice due to they requested the applicant to submit additional documents and when they receive the additional documents, they put on hold new applications to work on that passed case with new documents submitted.

-The verification process of the documents are tedious especially documents created outside of the United States.

-Lastly they are short staffed. 

Keep the hope alive and be patient it will all end one day...... I have been waiting for my case approval since December 2016 and hope i get an answer in February or March as it is not taking about 14-15months now to process. I know someone on one of the forums that i follow here who submitted on November 20, 2016 and still no reply as of today...... i am using that person as my guide, so when she post her approval date i know mine is getting closer. 

Good Luck to you!!!!

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Select Nebraska as service center and click service center processing date then scroll to I-601 to see the current date they are working on.

do you know if the waivers could be applied at home country if they have a USCIS center there?

I am yet to apply for my waiver. just got denied a week ago, similar story to the lady who created this forum.

1 hour ago, She0710 said:

do you know if the waivers could be applied at home country if they have a USCIS center there?

I am yet to apply for my waiver. just got denied a week ago, similar story to the lady who created this forum.

You should ask your USC spouse to file the waiver here in the U.S

7 minutes ago, Franco007 said:

You should ask your USC spouse to file the waiver here in the U.S

okay I just thought the wait would be a bit better if I could file it at the USCIS office here. we have a lawyer helping us with our case

4 hours ago, She0710 said:

okay I just thought the wait would be a bit better if I could file it at the USCIS office here. we have a lawyer helping us with our case

I presume it will be the same wait time as it will still be sent to the U.S for processing. 

• 4 weeks later...
On March 21, 2018 at 1:07 AM, Franco007 said:

it was 6months at one point and has been growing longer and longer each year...... The trend now is 14-16months but that may as well anytime as well.

Hi. Did you hear any news from your status? Any update? My mother in law called the USCIS toll free and asked for an update regarding my case and a recording answered saying I should've received an I-797 form notice of action? I haven't gotten anything yet and its funny coz online it still says my application has been received. It doesn't say anything about an I-797 form. Any idea what that form is for? And which one is legit? the toll free or the website? Would highly appreciate your reply! Thanks so much! 

4 hours ago, Rachellenativ said:

Hi. Did you hear any news from your status? Any update? My mother in law called the USCIS toll free and asked for an update regarding my case and a recording answered saying I should've received an I-797 form notice of action? I haven't gotten anything yet and its funny coz online it still says my application has been received. It doesn't say anything about an I-797 form. Any idea what that form is for? And which one is legit? the toll free or the website? Would highly appreciate your reply! Thanks so much! 

I received approval letter on March 30, 2018 which was approved on March 23, 2018........ Now in the process of getting a new passport because passport is expiring in less than 6months and embassy requested it to be valid for at least 6months at the time of interview. Once that is done with the medicals and police report, visa issuance will be next. Hopefully will have visa on hand by first or second week in May due to delay in passport processing and another 2weeks after that for medicals.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 7:53 AM, Franco007 said:

I received approval letter on March 30, 2018 which was approved on March 23, 2018........ Now in the process of getting a new passport because passport is expiring in less than 6months and embassy requested it to be valid for at least 6months at the time of interview. Once that is done with the medicals and police report, visa issuance will be next. Hopefully will have visa on hand by first or second week in May due to delay in passport processing and another 2weeks after that for medicals.

when did u apply for ur waiver again?? Glad to hear ur approved and finally on ur way to America! Pls do let me know how your visa process went. Thanks! And Congrats! 😊

18 hours ago, Rachellenativ said:

when did u apply for ur waiver again?? Glad to hear ur approved and finally on ur way to America! Pls do let me know how your visa process went. Thanks! And Congrats! 😊

Waiting on medicals now due to had to get another passport because old passport would expire in less than six month and passport has to be valid for more than six months as of the medicals date or visa interview date. Will keep you posted.

5 hours ago, Franco007 said:

Waiting on medicals now due to had to get another passport because old passport would expire in less than six month and passport has to be valid for more than six months as of the medicals date or visa interview date. Will keep you posted.

oh okaaay. When did u apply for the waiver again? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.