Trason

Filed I751 in June...still waiting for my biometrics appt

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

Feeling a little anxious and discouraged regarding my application. I filed my I751 application early June, 2017 and got my extension letter shortly after. Since then I have been twiddling my thumbs waiting for my biometrics letter and nothing has shown up. I went through their portal late August and they sent back the following response in early September:

"
 We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice for this process. Please know that your name has been electronically added to the appointment scheduler. You will receive an ASC appointment notice by mail once an appointment date has been established for you.
"

So....I'm still waiting! Anyone else in the same boat? Anything I should do to maybe get my biometrics appointment sooner? I filed via the center in Laguna, CA by the way if that means anything.

TIA!

13 minutes ago, Trason said:

Hi all,

Feeling a little anxious and discouraged regarding my application. I filed my I751 application early June, 2017 and got my extension letter shortly after. Since then I have been twiddling my thumbs waiting for my biometrics letter and nothing has shown up. I went through their portal late August and they sent back the following response in early September:

"
 We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice for this process. Please know that your name has been electronically added to the appointment scheduler. You will receive an ASC appointment notice by mail once an appointment date has been established for you.
"

So....I'm still waiting! Anyone else in the same boat? Anything I should do to maybe get my biometrics appointment sooner? I filed via the center in Laguna, CA by the way if that means anything.

TIA!

That does seem like a long time. I'd call or use the portal again. It is true, however, that they're extremely backed up. (especially at the California Service Center, which is where I filed as well, in 2016.) It took me about a month to get the biometrics scheduled, and they've fallen further behind since then. 

Keep on it though, since some people do slip through the cracks.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed at the end of July and I am still waiting too. My plan has been to call once every 1-2 weeks. 

I know they are backlogged, but it is very frustrating to be told that they automatically have everyone entered into their system when they receive our application, but not be able to provide me with a confirmation that I can use to look up my case status.

The only reason I am calling is to ensure that they don't tell me that I missed my biometrics appointment because I never received the letter. I get nervous that it was lost in the mail and I'll miss my appointment

I hope you get your letter soon! If I were you, I'd probably call again. If you haven't done so yet, you can ask them to open an investigation on a missing letter. 

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

--------------------------

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

Hi guys,

I filed my i-751 application in June and haven't received the biometrics appointment letter yet. Called them in late July and got a response email  " We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period ...". Can you please give me a link to the portal you use to ask them about the status? The one I tried seems not to have option for i-751 question (maybe I am using wrong tool?). It's kind of hard to call  and go through all that process while I am at work, an online thing would be a better solution :) 

Stef

Timeline
On 9/27/2017 at 7:30 PM, Stefannie said:

Hi guys,

I filed my i-751 application in June and haven't received the biometrics appointment letter yet. Called them in late July and got a response email  " We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period ...". Can you please give me a link to the portal you use to ask them about the status? The one I tried seems not to have option for i-751 question (maybe I am using wrong tool?). It's kind of hard to call  and go through all that process while I am at work, an online thing would be a better solution :) 

Stef

Hi Stef,

Sorry this is quite late! I used this portal: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do

Hope that helps! I'm going to give them a call this week, praying I get my biometrics appointment soon! Just frustrating to hear that some people in July/Aug already got theirs!

I would call USCIS and ask to speak to a Tier-2 officer. He/she would be able to look into your case and let you know whether or not they have scheduled an appointment for your biometrics, if you are concerned that the notice could be lost in the mail.

My wife never received her biometrics appointment letter after 30+ days so I called. The Tier-2 officer put in a SR and we received a letter stating that they would use her old biometrics so there is no need for an appointment. They also said that they would not refund the $85 fee, either. 

Your case could be similar so I think a call would help straighten it out.

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

Us too. We got the same response. I really think its because they are assessing whether another biometrics is really necessary. When I called, I got a tier-2 agent who basically said they are extremely busy. Then I got a letter saying the same thing. The agent also said that considering how bad the delays are, it could take longer than a year. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

After waiting for my biometrics appointment for 4 months i received a letter today from USCIS saying that my fingerprints and other biometrics are up to date, so I won't need an appointment. They are going to use the previous ones for my i-751. 

So don't get anxious, if you haven't received the appointment yet, it probably means you don't need one.

Timeline

Thanks for the updates you guys! I called their office on Friday and the man who answered the phone told me that they have one office who does all the scheduling and they are severely behind due to all the hurricanes that happened in the area. He re-updated my request for a biometrics appointment and told me to call back in 15-30 days if I hadn't received an appointment yet.

Will keep you all posted what they send (if they send anything!).

Also, if they don't send you a biometrics appointment because the previous one is adequate, does that mean we are waiting until they process our application (reportedly next year since they are behind in this area as well)?

On 10/23/2017 at 11:23 AM, Trason said:

Also, if they don't send you a biometrics appointment because the previous one is adequate, does that mean we are waiting until they process our application (reportedly next year since they are behind in this area as well)?

Hi Trason, the letter said to wait until they send another letter to inform about next steps if any. I think the next letter will be either an interview appointment or their final decision. Last time I called them I asked what if I don't get my new green card by the time the extension expires, they told me in that case I will need to go and get another extension.

• 2 months later...

I filed my wife's I-751 on November 20th and we received the NOA letter on November 30.  I'm still waiting for the biometrics appointment letter.  Shall I be worried or shall I just go by what everyone else is saying that they are extremely busy?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.