The-Journey

? About i-130 part 9 & i-130 part 7

11 posts in this topic

On the i130 part 9 page 12 additional information. 1a, 1b and 1c, is the form asking for the petitioners name? Also on form i-130a page 6 part 7 additional information, 1a, 1b, and 1c. I am filling this out for the beneficiary, is the form asking for the petitioners info or the beneficiary?

1.jpg

The petitioner completes the I-130. So for Part 9, Items 1a - 1c should be the petitioner's details.

I-130A is for the spouse beneficiary's details. Part 7, Items 1a - 1c should be the beneficiary's details. This form has replaced the G-325A in this instance.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

1 minute ago, KULtoATL said:

The petitioner completes the I-130. So for Part 9, Items 1a - 1c should be the petitioner's details.

I-130A is for the spouse beneficiary's details. Part 7, Items 1a - 1c should be the beneficiary's details. This form has replaced the G-325A in this instance.

thanks for the speedy response

1.jpg

5 minutes ago, The-Journey said:

thanks for the speedy response

Not a problem :)

Just in case you need some reference, check out the VJ guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1. The required forms are not updated on the guide BUT all other information is still useful and relevant.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

16 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

I am pretty sure but just want to be 100%. Form i-130a, since I (petitioner) and filling out for beneficiary I do not fill out page 4 or page 5 part 6 preparer?

1.jpg

If you are the preparer, best to just be honest and complete the preparer's sections. It will not cause any issue so long all information provided in the form is correct and true :)

2 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

If you are the preparer, best to just be honest and complete the preparer's sections. It will not cause any issue so long all information provided in the form is correct and true :)

Gotcha, my reason for not wanting to fill it out was the statement "Provide the following information about the preparer you used to complete form I-130A if he is different from the preparer used to complete the form I-130 filed on your behalf"

1.jpg

Preparer simply means someone (third party) who's completing a form on behalf of either the US petitioner OR foreign beneficiary. You prepare your I-130 yourself so you do not actually have a preparer. Therefore you do not input your details under the preparer section. You will sign off as you, the US petitioner.

You are completing the I-130A on behalf of your foreign beneficiary so you will be considered the preparer for her form. You must then complete the preparer section.

Now if you had (for example) your mother completing the I-130 for you, then she will be preparer A and if your father completes the I-130A for your foreign beneficiary, he will be preparer B. In this case, there are 2 different preparers - mother's details to be entered into I-130 preparer section, father's details to be entered into I-130A preparer section.

The other scenario (again, for example), your mother completes both the I-130 for you as well as the I-130A for your foreign beneficiary, then your mother only needs to input her details in the preparer section in the I-130 but can leave the I-130A preparer section blank because she is the same third party preparer for both forms.

Make sense?

2 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Preparer simply means someone (third party) who's completing a form on behalf of either the US petitioner OR foreign beneficiary. You prepare your I-130 yourself so you do not actually have a preparer. Therefore you do not input your details under the preparer section. You will sign off as you, the US petitioner.

You are completing the I-130A on behalf of your foreign beneficiary so you will be considered the preparer for her form. You must then complete the preparer section.

Now if you had (for example) your mother completing the I-130 for you, then she will be preparer A and if your father completes the I-130A for your foreign beneficiary, he will be preparer B. In this case, there are 2 different preparers - mother's details to be entered into I-130 preparer section, father's details to be entered into I-130A preparer section.

The other scenario (again, for example), your mother completes both the I-130 for you as well as the I-130A for your foreign beneficiary, then your mother only needs to input her details in the preparer section in the I-130 but can leave the I-130A preparer section blank because she is the same third party preparer for both forms.

Make sense?

Makes 100% sense, thank you....

1.jpg

No problem. Good luck :D 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

One caution is that if your spouse isn't fluent in English, you should show yourself as the preparer of the I-130a.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.