ImagineMe

Hope North Korea backs off

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Sometimes I get a bit worried for my fiance since she lives on Jeju Island S. Korea and the timing for when her interview needs to be scheduled. Depending on what happens with the north, it makes me wonder if they will want her to do her interview back in China where she used to live (she is chinese but has lived in Korea fpr the past 2 years.)

The timing of my 129f submission doesnt seem great, but I hope things go smoothly.

It's very unlikely that she will be asked to interview in China because she no longer resides there. Hopefully it all pans out well.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

North Korea has been threatening to blow everyone up for over 20 years now. Jeju-do is also probably the safest place to be in South Korea. Out of artillery range of the Norks, and I really doubt they'd use a nuke on Jeju... Probably at the bottom of the priority list for North Korea. 

And yeah, the interview locale isn't going to change unless she moves back to China.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

반갑습니다, 안녕하세요~

The best that I can really say for you is that it will be OK.  In terms of her safety, Jeju is more of a desire of Japan to have than North Korea.  She is as far away as possible and still in the Korean area to be safe.   Remember that while things are definitely serious with North Korea, there is nothing that can be done.   Don't let it infiltrate your mind too much, we have enough stress in our lives with our loved ones sitting 7000 miles away.  Pass the time by learning Korean with your loved one.. spending time with each other.  Visit and see the 제주도의 푸른 밤 (Blue Night of Jeju).   Keep going strong, my friend.  Let me know if you ever need anything.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Yeah Im not too worried in terms of where she lives,  but more for the thought that if any state of war becomes apparent, then Seoul is more in danger which is where we opted to have the interview. I guess if anything, they can change the location to the more southern embassy in South Korea. 

While it is known and common for N Korea to do these kindsof things over the years, I think its more of an issue now than ever. Unfortunately I think N Korea is like a multi-headed hydra. Take one head off, another will be in place for it. Its just a wait and see approach and hope that our case gets through soon. Its only been a month since the noa1, so we have a ways to go yet. I appreciate everyones input.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hopefully it doesn't come to that. My boyfriend and I both live in Seoul and we are almost ready to file our I-129F packet. We have a long way to go still. We have both lived here for almost ten years and know the threats too well and as such we are not too worried, but the thought of something happening and us being separated is terrifying. Let's hope for the best. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.