Jump to content
aleac

Medical Exam Updated - Needed or not?

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I'm adjusting from a K-1 visa

Here's a quick timeline

 

Marriage Dec 22 - 2016

AOS Jan 22 (with updated vaccinations page)

May 22 - Advance Parole and Work Permit

Sep 28 Interview for Green Card (Notified August 30)

 

My medical exam (the one I did in Buenos Aires) expires September 16, so it will be expired when I have the interview.

 

The letter I received with the interview date does not request explicitly say "Updated Medical Required", it only requests "Medical Exam and Vaccinations unless already submitted"

I submitted an updated Vaccination page when I sent the AOS package in January

 

Thank you all !

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, aleac said:

Hi all,

 

I'm adjusting from a K-1 visa

Here's a quick timeline

 

Marriage Dec 22 - 2016

AOS Jan 22 (with updated vaccinations page)

May 22 - Advance Parole and Work Permit

Sep 28 Interview for Green Card (Notified August 30)

 

My medical exam (the one I did in Buenos Aires) expires September 16, so it will be expired when I have the interview.

 

The letter I received with the interview date does not request explicitly say "Updated Medical Required", it only requests "Medical Exam and Vaccinations unless already submitted"

I submitted an updated Vaccination page when I sent the AOS package in January

 

Thank you all !

 

 

 

You won't be needing another medical examination since you've already sent in the updated & sealed vaccinations envelope along with DS-3025 which is valid for one year for AOS with your I-485. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually, a new medical is not required for K-1 adjusters if the AOS application was filed with a valid and unexpired medical. If they have not asked for one, then I see no reason to worry about providing one at this time. If they need it, they will request it at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2017 at 7:03 PM, geowrian said:

Usually, a new medical is not required for K-1 adjusters if the AOS application was filed with a valid and unexpired medical. If they have not asked for one, then I see no reason to worry about providing one at this time. If they need it, they will request it at that time.

That's is quite a relief to hear. I will go to the interview and pray for the best outcome.

Thank you and Aviinashh M for your help.

 

I'll keep you updated

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aleac said:

That's is quite a relief to hear. I will go to the interview and pray for the best outcome.

Thank you and Aviinashh M for your help.

 

I'll keep you updated

 

You are welcome :) and do update us regarding this :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aleac said:

It was OK, but I was not given any final answer unfortunately

It's ok not everyone gets an instant answer and you can check your status online...all the best :) 

But do update us once you get the news :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×