marmoh

K1 Visa Cairo AP Status now

191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 hours ago, hy2016 said:

No age difference, we are both Egyptians and j am Egyptian American, same religion. Do you think there is a better chance we get approved if I go with him? Does it make that big of a difference?

I personally believe being present is essential. Especially if you have short face time (visited for a year or less).

It certainly isn't required but having gone through this myself, it could make all the difference in the decision.

Unless you have a perfect case: no red flags, several visits across several years, front-loaded petition (during USCIS filing), many evidence of chats and in-person face time (photos with various dates). etc.

My policy is better safe than sorry, because the regret afterwards is what hurts the most and you'd be blaming yourself for not doing this and that.

Timeline
23 hours ago, marmoh said:

No he never married before, but we provided them his family registry. I would think it would just take a couple clicks to figure the marital status out. Yes frustrating and not giving any info. What did they say when u call them?

when I e-mail them they respond with the same message "Please note that your case is under Undergoing Mandatory Administrative Processing. The time needed to review an individual case is difficult to determine, once the process is complete we will notify you with the next step" the only time they responded differently is when I asked if they received the additional docs requested and they said yes.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

when I e-mail them they respond with the same message "Please note that your case is under Undergoing Mandatory Administrative Processing. The time needed to review an individual case is difficult to determine, once the process is complete we will notify you with the next step" the only time they responded differently is when I asked if they received the additional docs requested and they said yes.

Same with us, but at least we know it was not a robot responding to us lol, inshallah kheer, i call the nvc just to make to check too to make sure today in case there r any glitch in their system that I didn't know or documents we may miss, so everything is ok inshallah we just wait now to see, I miss him very much but I already am planning to go see him next year spring if by then he is not here but I am giving myself a time line lol longest it may take until next June for him to be here if early maybe october. I dont mind the traveling itis fun to get out of the states too lol too much brain work here, keep in touch for updates if anything comes up I will share

Timeline
On 8/9/2017 at 4:26 PM, marmoh said:

Same with us, but at least we know it was not a robot responding to us lol, inshallah kheer, i call the nvc just to make to check too to make sure today in case there r any glitch in their system that I didn't know or documents we may miss, so everything is ok inshallah we just wait now to see, I miss him very much but I already am planning to go see him next year spring if by then he is not here but I am giving myself a time line lol longest it may take until next June for him to be here if early maybe october. I dont mind the traveling itis fun to get out of the states too lol too much brain work here, keep in touch for updates if anything comes up I will share

Hopefully it won't take that long inshallah. for your case what was the reason you guys was put on AP? is it K1 Visa or CR1?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 8/9/2017 at 7:19 PM, Yasser&Neveen said:

but is this mandatory for every applicant??? so is everyone going through AP or select cases?

Timeline
6 hours ago, hy2016 said:

but is this mandatory for every applicant??? so is everyone going through AP or select cases?

It is currently unknown. So far the evidence shows that if you didn't get approved during interview, you might be subject to AP. So my advice is to be fully prepared with photos and have the petitioner present as evidence. Be ready to answer ANY and all questions truthfully. Have all documents prepared.

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, Yasser&Neveen said:

Hopefully it won't take that long inshallah. for your case what was the reason you guys was put on AP? is it K1 Visa or CR1?

we are in a k1 visa, I don't know what is the main reason for the hold up, but I believe they want to make sure we are really not married lol which we are not married but then there are all those security checks behind the scene that we don't have any clue of too. how about you guys? what is holding up your k1 visa?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Super Uber said:

It is currently unknown. So far the evidence shows that if you didn't get approved during interview, you might be subject to AP. So my advice is to be fully prepared with photos and have the petitioner present as evidence. Be ready to answer ANY and all questions truthfully. Have all documents prepared.

Yes absolutely, my fiance has already begun gathering all our photos and going to get them printed on photo paper today. He also is going to do the family and personal (registry) that you guys mentioned. Thanks for all the advice, anything else you recommend would be great. We are not married yet either, so that shouldn't come up for us. My previous marriage and divorce took place here in the US and I have documentation for both. We were one of the very delayed NOA2, it took us 9 months to get our NOA2, I am praying that means we wont have to wait longer when our case gets to Cairo. 

Edited by hy2016

Timeline
2 hours ago, db2016 said:

Yes absolutely, my fiance has already begun gathering all our photos and going to get them printed on photo paper today. He also is going to do the family and personal (registry) that you guys mentioned. Thanks for all the advice, anything else you recommend would be great. We are not married yet either, so that shouldn't come up for us. My previous marriage and divorce took place here in the US and I have documentation for both. We were one of the very delayed NOA2, it took us 9 months to get our NOA2, I am praying that means we wont have to wait longer when our case gets to Cairo. 

I will give you another golden advice. If you have been married religiously (Islamically) because you want your relationship to be halal. State exactly this at the time of interview (better also have a letter/statement signed by both of you ready just in case), and also state that you're not legally married, and then present your individual registry. I believe it will be a plus for anyone who applies for a K1.

It will prove a bona-fide relationship. But also play this card last (especially if you have good face-to-face time).

So to summarize:

-Good Face-to-face time.

-Solid evidence (chats, and many photos, with family too) - photos are somewhat more important.

-Petitioner and applicant should be present during interview (highly recommended).

-If you're Muslims, and you were married Islamically without legally registering (this is fine), just make sure you prepare to state it either during i-129f filing or at the time of interview. Also, be prepared to show a photo of the Islamic wedding with family and friends.

Timeline
3 hours ago, marmoh said:

we are in a k1 visa, I don't know what is the main reason for the hold up, but I believe they want to make sure we are really not married lol which we are not married but then there are all those security checks behind the scene that we don't have any clue of too. how about you guys? what is holding up your k1 visa?

I think it's the samething. from what my fiance told me he wasn't really convinced that we know eachother enough so he asked for Family registry and Viber communication evidence. not sure if he is doubting she is divorced or he thinks we already married. how long you guys been on AP?

Edited by Yasser&Neveen

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

I think it's the samething. from what my fiance told me he wasn't really convinced that we know eachother enough so he asked for Family registry and Viber communication evidence. not sure if he is doubting she is divorced or he thinks we already married. how long you guys been on AP?

on AP for 3 months now lol but we are not married anyways, not planning to marry until he gets here to the states, I am not sure if i will want to marry there anyways lol we almost didn't find the US embassy. also i heard it is too much run around in Egypt to get stamps and go to many offices to legalize a marriage so i rather do it here in the states in one building and walla it is all done. no need to go to so many offices just to get a marriage legalized and permission from the US embassy since i am not an Egyptian, -_-' finding the US embassy was tramatizing lol let alone try to find all these offices and get permission to marry him in Egypt first at the US embassy. I don't want to go through that long process if i don't have to that is why i am filing a k1 visa instead of do the spousal visa, lol we all were probably interviewed by the same CO sounds like lol but i guess k1 visa r visas that makes them skeptical, but at the same time it is a legal process so i am letting them do their job since i already gave them everything they need, all i know is i met the requirements to file a k1 visa so that is one of the biggest things first of all and i have gone back to see my fiancé and visit etc and already planning to go back again, so i will let them do their job and willing to wait for him. have u been divorced before? if you have or have not before your petition was sent over to the US embassy should already know that very well, usually i believe the US citizen who petition the petition her/his information should checkout of USCIS and NVC before it is approved to go abroad anyways and they would have done some check with your fiancé already too before you get to the interview and plus his documents over there that he submit should prove to them too, but i really don't know in AP status everyone is in why such a long wait, if it is due to your fiancé name matching a WANTED person then they should let u guys know too not just put people on hold forever with no information on why it is taking so long, timeline of AP generally said to take 2-3 months, but i don't understand why people r left to wait more like 2 to 3 years? I wonder why so long too, i know of people who files k1 visas from the  Asia continent  that it only takes 5 or 6 months from start to finish and their fiancé are here in the states after 5 or 6 months of submitting the petition, so it must just be by continent too, but it would be great if someone let us know what is the hold up, it'd be nice to know and they also quote several weeks lol not several years so lol but i will let them do what they need to do lol hugs and kisses and just be patient

Timeline
2 hours ago, marmoh said:

on AP for 3 months now lol but we are not married anyways, not planning to marry until he gets here to the states, I am not sure if i will want to marry there anyways lol we almost didn't find the US embassy. also i heard it is too much run around in Egypt to get stamps and go to many offices to legalize a marriage so i rather do it here in the states in one building and walla it is all done. no need to go to so many offices just to get a marriage legalized and permission from the US embassy since i am not an Egyptian, -_-' finding the US embassy was tramatizing lol let alone try to find all these offices and get permission to marry him in Egypt first at the US embassy. I don't want to go through that long process if i don't have to that is why i am filing a k1 visa instead of do the spousal visa, lol we all were probably interviewed by the same CO sounds like lol but i guess k1 visa r visas that makes them skeptical, but at the same time it is a legal process so i am letting them do their job since i already gave them everything they need, all i know is i met the requirements to file a k1 visa so that is one of the biggest things first of all and i have gone back to see my fiancé and visit etc and already planning to go back again, so i will let them do their job and willing to wait for him. have u been divorced before? if you have or have not before your petition was sent over to the US embassy should already know that very well, usually i believe the US citizen who petition the petition her/his information should checkout of USCIS and NVC before it is approved to go abroad anyways and they would have done some check with your fiancé already too before you get to the interview and plus his documents over there that he submit should prove to them too, but i really don't know in AP status everyone is in why such a long wait, if it is due to your fiancé name matching a WANTED person then they should let u guys know too not just put people on hold forever with no information on why it is taking so long, timeline of AP generally said to take 2-3 months, but i don't understand why people r left to wait more like 2 to 3 years? I wonder why so long too, i know of people who files k1 visas from the  Asia continent  that it only takes 5 or 6 months from start to finish and their fiancé are here in the states after 5 or 6 months of submitting the petition, so it must just be by continent too, but it would be great if someone let us know what is the hold up, it'd be nice to know and they also quote several weeks lol not several years so lol but i will let them do what they need to do lol hugs and kisses and just be patient

My fiance is a she and i'm the Petitioner :) we both are divorced but she has been divorced for 16 years and we submitted both my divorce certificate and hers part of the petition. I understand they need to do their job but at least let people know whats going on because they are putting our lives on hold. all my friends brought their wives on K1visas within 6 to 8 month but that was few years ago so maybe the process changed. so I'm hoping it will not take more than the 120 days.

Timeline
23 hours ago, Super Uber said:

I will give you another golden advice. If you have been married religiously (Islamically) because you want your relationship to be halal. State exactly this at the time of interview (better also have a letter/statement signed by both of you ready just in case), and also state that you're not legally married, and then present your individual registry. I believe it will be a plus for anyone who applies for a K1.

It will prove a bona-fide relationship. But also play this card last (especially if you have good face-to-face time).

So to summarize:

-Good Face-to-face time.

-Solid evidence (chats, and many photos, with family too) - photos are somewhat more important.

-Petitioner and applicant should be present during interview (highly recommended).

-If you're Muslims, and you were married Islamically without legally registering (this is fine), just make sure you prepare to state it either during i-129f filing or at the time of interview. Also, be prepared to show a photo of the Islamic wedding with family and friends.

Thanks so much! Have you seriously been on AP since November of last year? How does that even make sense?

Timeline
Just now, db2016 said:

Thanks so much! Have you seriously been on AP since November of last year? How does that even make sense?

Go figure. I've just calculated it yesterday, and it's been over 9 months actually.

Timeline
Just now, Super Uber said:

Go figure. I've just calculated it yesterday, and it's been over 9 months actually.

That really scares me. I can't imagine after waiting 8-9 months for our NOA2 to now wait that same amount of time after the interview. Do you have a lawyer?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.