ViitaV

Tax Returns Joint Sponsor

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have my interview in the next few weeks..

I have a joint sponsor - She has submitted me her 2016 tax returns and provided the past 3 years figures as requested on the i-864.

Do you find at the London embassy that they are pretty picky and would be antsy enough to ask for the full 3 years returns in hand?

It mentions 12 months on the instructions - She earns 110k per annum and has no dependents  so surely that would satisfy them?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
8 hours ago, ViitaV said:

Hey guys,

I have my interview in the next few weeks..

I have a joint sponsor - She has submitted me her 2016 tax returns and provided the past 3 years figures as requested on the i-864.

Do you find at the London embassy that they are pretty picky and would be antsy enough to ask for the full 3 years returns in hand?

It mentions 12 months on the instructions - She earns 110k per annum and has no dependents  so surely that would satisfy them?

They are not picky in London as long as you meet the requirements. If it is a photocopy of her tax return, it needs her W2 or 1099 wage statement with it to backup the income shown on the tax return.  If it is a tax transcript  ordered from the IRS, then it is sufficient by itself because the IRS wouldn't provide a transcript with fake income reported on it.   You also need proof of her US citizenship. 

Your spouse (US PERSON) needs to provide an I-864 and US tax return as well to meet the requirements. 

Edited by Wuozopo

12 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

They are not picky in London as long as you meet the requirements. If it is a photocopy of her tax return, it needs her W2 or 1099 wage statement with it to backup the income shown on the tax return.  If it is a tax transcript  ordered from the IRS, then it is sufficient by itself because the IRS wouldn't provide a transcript with fake income reported on it.   You also need proof of her US citizenship. 

Your spouse (US PERSON) needs to provide an I-864 and US tax return as well to meet the requirements. 

Great thats fine. I have all of the above for his aunt and my husband.

We are trying to do it without a joint and with my continuation of salary however want a back up incase they aren't satisfied.

Thank you!

Timeline
2 hours ago, ViitaV said:

Great thats fine. I have all of the above for his aunt and my husband.

We are trying to do it without a joint and with my continuation of salary however want a back up incase they aren't satisfied.

Thank you!

Clarification --

When I said meet the requirements, I didn't mean money. I meant not picky as long as you provide all the required documents specified in the I-864 Instructions. They specify what you need to provide for continuing employment and if you do, they probably will approve without joint sponsor.

Yes that's fine I have the documents that they specify.

This is my document checklist:

Birth Certificate
Tax Returns for the past three years
Tenancy notice - Intent to domicile
Plane tickets
Airbnb Printout
Letter from work to prove transfer
Payslips past 6 months

Joint Sponsor 1-864
Passport/Birth Certificate
Tax Return 2016

My passport
Birth Certificate for me
Daughters's birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Police Record
Two passport pictures

Can you see if anything is missing?

Timeline
5 hours ago, ViitaV said:

Birth Certificate
Plane tickets
Airbnb Printout
Payslips past 6 months

Joint Sponsor 1-864
Tax Return 2016

My passport
Birth Certificate for me
Marriage certificate
Police Record
Two passport pictures

You have to fill out your I-864

Timeline
2 hours ago, ViitaV said:

Yes sorry already done forgot to add.

Anything else?

Take to the interview your printouts showing your appointment confirmation and that you registered for the courier.  I believe the DCF people still pay the visa fee on the day of interview at the embassy so take a credit card. Their instructions don't say to pay online like the K1 instructions say.

Yours: Step 5 – Once you have submitted the Notification of Applicant Readiness online form in Step-4 above, you should schedule the visa interview.  Your passport will be returned to you by the Embassy approved courier service.  To ensure that there are no delays with the delivery, you must register with courier at the time you schedule the appointment.

K1: Step 5 – Once you have submitted the Notification of Applicant Readiness online form in Step-4 above, you should schedule the visa interview and pay the MRV application fee.  Your passport will be returned to you by the Embassy approved courier service.  To ensure that there are no delays with the delivery, you must register with courier at the time you schedule the appointment.

I think you are all set. Does your daughter have a US passport?

Hey!

I've scheduled my medical & interview already. My medical is next week Tuesday and interview the following Thursday.

I'm going to pick my passport from the courier as I live in central london so it's easy to go get from Chancery Lane.

Yes my daughter has her US passport - i'm the only odd one out haha.

On 7/13/2017 at 3:43 PM, ViitaV said:

Birth Certificate
Plane tickets
Airbnb Printout
Payslips past 6 months

Joint Sponsor 1-864
Tax Return 2016

My passport
Birth Certificate for me
Marriage certificate
Police Record
Two passport pictures

For the joint maybe the w-2

Just now, ViitaV said:

Hey,Insert other media

The joint is giving me her W2 with her returns. Thanks for the reminder I forgot to write it down.

No problem. Let me know how it goes! I'm getting my affidavit ready right now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.