ocuevas

Filing for Divorced ROC on July 2018

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I got my Conditional GC on Oct 2016. After we got married everything was going great. My husband have 3 kids from a previous marriage and they live in Florida with his ex-wife. Before we got married we agreed that he will relocate here in NY with me and he'll just travel back and forth to visit his kids and that's fine with me. I told him before we got married that I am not going to relocate to Florida so he agreed. Once we start living together in NY we start arguing almost everyday about almost everything. Last January he told me that he cannot live with me without seeing his kids every week. Now he asked me to move to Florida with him so he can see his kids every week. I told him that we talked about it already that it's not gonna happen because I'm not going anywhere. When I said no then he told me we should get a divorced. I was shocked. He knows that we're going to file jointly by next year. And he said he can't wait until 2018. And then he left to Florida. Since we got married I always do what he want and he always make broken promises. He doesn't have a good job so he always asked me for money especially for child support. Early this year I lost my job so I only work part time job and I'm the one who pay our phone bills and rent. I spoke to the Lawyer that I'm on Conditional Green Card and he said that I can't lose my green card even it I'm divorced I just have to proove that I enter the marriage in good faith. So I called my husband and told him that I think it's a good idea for us to get a divorced. I also learned that my husband went back to his ex-wife in Florida but I didn't tell my husband about it. I just told him that I went to Supreme Court and inquire about the divorced and I will go ahead and file it. He was shocked but he said ok. Then I told him I closed our joint bank account already which I am the primary account holder and I told him that I'm going to remove him from my phone bills because I don't have a job and I can't pay his phone bills anymore. He told me that I can't do that because we're still married we're just filing for divorced and I'm still his wife. He want me to remove him to my phone bills when our divorced is final. Becaue he doesn't want to pay his phone bills. He was upset and telling to my face that I am married to a US Citizen and I have to do whatever he want. I feel like he want to file jointly and wait till 2018 so I can still pay his phone! But before that he was like telling me to get a divorced and he has nothing to do with me on ROC. And I thought I can't file by myself. I just realized I can't live with him anymore and I cannot support him and his kids. I didn't tell my husband that I'm going to work at the Airport just waiting for my id. When I told him that I don't have a job and I can't pay his phone bill anymore he asked where do I get money to pay my phone? I told him it's none of your business anymore! Once I start working I will file for divorced. We have no children, no properties, no car, thnak God. My proofs and evidence are only Joint Income Tax, Joint Bank Account, Joint Phone Bills, Joint Credit Card Bills, Lots of Photos, Travel Itenerary, Letters with the same address, No house lease for this year since he left on January, Greeting Cards, No Health Insurance because he doesn't want to pay he said it's too expensive. When we file for AOS we told the IO that we tried to apply for Health Insurance but it's too expensive and we only show a letter from the Health Insurance. Is that enough evidence? I apply for my own Health Insurance and I was approved but I didn't tell him. 

U are divorcing  because he wants to see his kids more? What a terrible man....

Filed k1 - 08/20/2015

NOA1 - 08/25/2015

NOA2 - 9/17/2015

NVC Received - 10/14/2015

Send to Amsterdam - 10/16/2015

Amsterdam received - 10/19/2015

Packet 3 in the mail - 10/22/2015

Packet 4 in the mail - 11/3/2015

Medical - 11/23/2015

Interview !!!! - 12/3/2015 Approved !!!

POE - 12/15/2015 (finally)

Wedding 01/15/2016 !!

AOS!

Filed AOS - 03/15/2017

Noa 1 - 03/30/2017

Biometrics - 04/21/2017
RFE - 04/10/2017

Send RFE back - 06/18/2017

RFE Received (status changed) - 06/27/2017

EAD/AP Approved - 09/18/2017

Filed N400 (Naturalization) - 03/24/2024

rsz_waitisover1.jpg.e64ce44221da1246df04d25bf6a04bab.jpg

Sounds like he suggested divorce as a bluff to get the OP to agree to move to Florida.  But when OP found out that he is back with his ex and now she wants the divorce, the husband is now panicking.  He actually said that "you have to do what I say because I'm a USC and we are still married?"  Very creative mind.  LOL

It's great that he wants to see his kids more, but they had an agreement about where thy would live.  But in life things change, and you have to adapt and adjust.  OP, it sounds like you are giving up on the marriage a little too easily.  Seems that you are more concerned with ROC timing than what happens with your marriage.  And the husband seems like a control freak who basically told his wife that they are moving without even asking her opinion.

From reading the forum, the Filipinas always are very well versed on the immigration process, the timing of each step, divorce waivers, proof required, etc.  Is there a school there they attend?

Edited by Eric-Pris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.