Hicknick

DCF for Rome. Italy to america

31 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Now we are facing another problem :mellow:

How can we have the financial requirements if my husband is working in italy with italian schools and I'm doing the same?

We thought that was enought to show that our bank accounts, with saving and checking, was more than poverty level but seems that is not like that.

Andy can also have a contract in his dad's shop starting after our visa approuval, but seems that also this is not enought.

We don't have a sponsor, did someone know if there is any other way?

Thanks a lot and the best wishes for everyone's process!!

HEY the thing you need is the joint sponsor. So someone stateside that makes more the 125% above the poverty limit. I had to do that for me because I also worked at an Italian private school. Or you can use your saving account but it has to be triple the 125% poverty level. The only thing is a joint sponsor. Ask a immediate family or cousin or a friend that can help out. That’s the best and only way...

18 hours ago, Vale said:

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Now we are facing another problem :mellow:

How can we have the financial requirements if my husband is working in italy with italian schools and I'm doing the same?

We thought that was enough to show that our bank accounts, with saving and checking, was more than poverty level but seems that is not like that.

Andy can also have a contract in his dad's shop starting after our visa approval, but seems that also this is not enough.

We don't have a sponsor, did someone know if there is any other way?

Thanks a lot and the best wishes for everyone's process!!

If you use assets (checking/savings accounts), you'll need at least 5x ($101,500) the 125% number or 3x ($60,900) if the sponsor is the spouse. 

Seems like you'll need a cosponsor. Fortunately the cosponsor can be any US citizen or permanent resident domiciled in the US. Doesn't have to be a family member. You'll have to add yourself to their current household size to find out what income they require. Example: if they currently have a household size of 3 then you'll add yourself making it 4. The income requirement for a household of 4 is $30,750. They could also go the assets route but they'll require 5x that amount ($153,750).

Be sure to check out the requirements here, https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p . Also, don't stress too much. Most people doing DCF face this very issue. You'll find tons of examples on how to fill out the necessary forms for a cosponsor.

Edited by Jorge Valdivia

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

On 9/20/2017 at 6:24 PM, MariaSy said:

Hi  Vale, my husband is in the military as well. How long did your application take to be approved? Was your casellario giudiziale in English as well or Italian? Thank you 

Best of luck!!!!!! 

We sent everything off in mid June and were approved on September 26, so it took about 3.5 months!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
19 hours ago, Katherina said:

We sent everything off in mid June and were approved on September 26, so it took about 3.5 months!

Thank you! I just called Rome and they said we got approved and my stuff has already been sent to Naples ( we went there 3 weeks ago). So I'll just wait to hear from the Consulate and I'm going to prepare all my paperwork. I was just wondering if the casellario giudiziale needs to be translated. 

8 minutes ago, MariaSy said:

Thank you! I just called Rome and they said we got approved and my stuff has already been sent to Naples ( we went there 3 weeks ago). So I'll just wait to hear from the Consulate and I'm going to prepare all my paperwork. I was just wondering if the casellario giudiziale needs to be translated. 

It does not need to be translated!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everybody, another question:

Did any of you apply for a social security number with the DS 260 form? Did it take longer than the 3 usual days to have the visa delivered?

I received the email from Naples today so I'm getting ready for the interview. 

Thank you!!

On 28/9/2017 at 3:58 PM, Jorge Valdivia said:

If you use assets (checking/savings accounts), you'll need at least 5x ($101,500) the 125% number or 3x ($60,900) if the sponsor is the spouse. 

Seems like you'll need a cosponsor. Fortunately the cosponsor can be any US citizen or permanent resident domiciled in the US. Doesn't have to be a family member. You'll have to add yourself to their current household size to find out what income they require. Example: if they currently have a household size of 3 then you'll add yourself making it 4. The income requirement for a household of 4 is $30,750. They could also go the assets route but they'll require 5x that amount ($153,750).

Be sure to check out the requirements here, https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p . Also, don't stress too much. Most people doing DCF face this very issue. You'll find tons of examples on how to fill out the necessary forms for a cosponsor.

On 28/9/2017 at 3:58 PM, Jorge Valdivia said:

Great, thanks for the help! We have now more than 3x of 125% of poverty level in my housband account. I think is the easy way for us. It will be only tree months that we have this amount when we will send the I-864, did you know if it can be a problem? Did they require a proof of deposit of 12 months?

Thanks again!

45 minutes ago, Vale said:

Great, thanks for the help! We have now more than 3x of 125% of poverty level in my housband account. I think is the easy way for us. It will be only tree months that we have this amount when we will send the I-864, did you know if it can be a problem? Did they require a proof of deposit of 12 months?

Thanks again!

The asset path is great if you can do it. That's what my wife and I did and it was nice not having to rely on your employer to send you a letter or worry about losing your job in the middle.

As far as the three month thing, did the entire sum suddenly appear three months ago? Or has the amount slowly been increasing and you simply crossed the threshold three months ago? If it's the latter, then you'll be ok. If it's the former then you might have some problems. You might be asked to prove how that money came about. USCIS will want to make sure that a family member didn't transfer the amount in for the sole purpose of meeting the requirements, only for them to take it back once it's been approved.

DCF Mexico

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering what the estimated wait times were for everyone. They gave us a 60-90 day processing time, but I see that everyone here had a response in about a month and a half. Did they get your responses earlier than expected or has there been an influx of petitions and we have to just wait longer? Does it help to call regularly and "rompere le scattole"? ahhhhhhhh!!! Sorry, but we're getting a bit tense as I've already quit my job seeing how quickly everyone had theirs processed in 4 months or less and we've got to give our 3 month notice for our apartment, husbands job etc... I have a job lined up in the states as well, but they'd like to know when I'd be able to start and we just feel frustrated that we're unable to make any moves.

Also, if something is missing or they need more info, do they usually contact you? We're mostly worried that we're going to be rejected because we filled something out wrong or are missing papers and will have to start all over again.

thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi, me again. My appointment is December 5th, I just wanted to ask a few of questions: did you bring your spouse ( USC)  or we have to go alone? What did they ask? Was it smooth? Did they mention how long does it take to receive the actual green card by mail? Thank you very much! 

23 minutes ago, MariaSy said:

Hi, me again. My appointment is December 5th, I just wanted to ask a few of questions: did you bring your spouse ( USC)  or we have to go alone? What did they ask? Was it smooth? Did they mention how long does it take to receive the actual green card by mail? Thank you very much! 

You might find some embassy specific answers (bringing spouse, interview questions asked, etc) in the reviews for the embassy in Italy. You can find the reviews here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Italy&cty=&dfilter=5 .

As far as the green card goes, it gets mailed once you complete these two things:

1. Pay the green card fee of USD$220. The fee is payable online and you'll receive instructions on how to pay it when your passport/visa get returned to you.

2. You enter the US.

Once both steps have been completed you should receive your green card at your US address within 4 weeks. We received ours 13 days after entering the US.

Edited by Jorge Valdivia

DCF Mexico

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Jorge Valdivia said:

You might find some embassy specific answers (bringing spouse, interview questions asked, etc) in the reviews for the embassy in Italy. You can find the reviews here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Italy&cty=&dfilter=5 .

As far as the green card goes, it gets mailed once you complete these two things:

1. Pay the green card fee of USD$220. The fee is payable online and you'll receive instructions on how to pay it when your passport/visa get returned to you.

2. You enter the US.

Once both steps have been completed you should receive your green card at your US address within 4 weeks. We received ours 13 days after entering the US.

Thank you very much for the info. 

One more question please : did they take your finger prints? 

46 minutes ago, MariaSy said:

Thank you very much for the info. 

One more question please : did they take your finger prints? 

Pretty sure it's the same everywhere, but in Mexico my wife had to have her fingerprints/biometrics taken at an ASC center. The centers tend to be near the embassies and I believe you have to complete them before the interview. We were given the option to schedule the biometrics appointment 1 day before the interview, so that's what we did.

The appointment itself is very quick. My wife arrived 10 minutes before her appointment and there were only 2-3 other people there. She was out 5 minutes later.

Edited by Jorge Valdivia

DCF Mexico

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.