Ashley Scott

UK beneficiaries :)

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, Shokra said:

I received our NOA2 (text/email) 03/16/2017 & the NOA2 (hard copy) 03/16/2017!!! I'm so excited!

zFINALLY!.JPG

Congrats!  How exciting! Keep us posted on your next steps!  Not long now until you guys are together for good.  How awesome!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Hello,I'm from Coventry,England and my partner is from Pennsylvania we met each other last May and I have been over to the USA 3 times in last 5 months to see her my last trip was for a wonderful 3 weeks?? whilst I was there we sent off our K1 visa petition ? Sooooooooo exciting lol and a little stressful too lol ?,USCIS cashed our cheque Friday 10th march and the following day we got our email notification with our case number,currently waiting on NOA1 notification through post ??

IMG_3902.PNG

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gary JT said:

Hello,I'm from Coventry,England and my partner is from Pennsylvania we met each other last May and I have been over to the USA 3 times in last 5 months to see her my last trip was for a wonderful 3 weeks?? whilst I was there we sent off our K1 visa petition ? Sooooooooo exciting lol and a little stressful too lol ?,USCIS cashed our cheque Friday 10th march and the following day we got our email notification with our case number,currently waiting on NOA1 notification through post ??

IMG_3902.PNG

Welcome and congrats on starting your journey!  If you haven't already, update your timeline on VJ so it can be calculated into estimated dates.  :)  You've got your petition in and now the wait begins.  lol.  Good news is it seems they are working cases a bit faster now than they were the last few months.  Hopefully your wait for your NOA2 won't be too terribly long.  Good luck to you guys on your journey!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

Timeline
1 hour ago, glmg21 said:

Suppose I ought to throw my hat into this ring! Filing from Germany, but I am British and planning on moving to Boston!

Welcome!  :)  Have you guys already filed your petition?  Hope your journey goes smoothly! 

Just now, Ashley Scott said:

Welcome and congrats on starting your journey!  If you haven't already, update your timeline on VJ so it can be calculated into estimated dates.  :)  You've got your petition in and now the wait begins.  lol.  Good news is it seems they are working cases a bit faster now than they were the last few months.  Hopefully your wait for your NOA2 won't be too terribly long.  Good luck to you guys on your journey!

Thank you very much ? our case was sent to California,I have done some research online and I hear they are quite quick at processing applications ? Could be wishful thinking lol 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gary JT said:

Thank you very much ? our case was sent to California,I have done some research online and I hear they are quite quick at processing applications ? Could be wishful thinking lol 

From what I have gathered/learned from this site, all K1 visa applications are processed by the California center now.  I follow the November 2016 filers thread and the December 2016 filers thread and there are some really good updates and good information in those threads regarding the processing time.  Currently they are working mid December cases but seem to be moving pretty fluidly at this point.  Our case was received on December 23 with an NOA1 date of Jan 5.  We are still waiting for our NOA2 but are hopeful that we will receive it in the next few weeks. :)  The waiting is really hard but we know once we get the NOA2 things will move more quickly and we will finally be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Been so long since I've been here. We are 129f October filers. Married February 17th. He's from England, we now live in Chicago.  We filed AOS in early March. Good Luck all!

IMG_7430.JPG

10/3/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/5/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

11/8/16 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16 NVC Received I-129

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

7 minutes ago, Ashley Scott said:

From what I have gathered/learned from this site, all K1 visa applications are processed by the California center now.  I follow the November 2016 filers thread and the December 2016 filers thread and there are some really good updates and good information in those threads regarding the processing time.  Currently they are working mid December cases but seem to be moving pretty fluidly at this point.  Our case was received on December 23 with an NOA1 date of Jan 5.  We are still waiting for our NOA2 but are hopeful that we will receive it in the next few weeks. :)  The waiting is really hard but we know once we get the NOA2 things will move more quickly and we will finally be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

Yep if we don't receive our NOA1 by first week in April we are advised to call USCIS,everytime I and my fiancé speak,first thing I say is have you checked your post box ?? she just rolls her eyes at me ?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, DelilahBrz said:

Been so long since I've been here. We are 129f October filers. Married February 17th. He's from England, we now live in Chicago.  We filed AOS in early March. Good Luck all!

IMG_7430.JPG

Beautiful picture!  Wow!  Your case went so quickly!!  Filing to marriage in only 4 months... I wish they were still moving at that pace!  haha. Congrats to you both.  How exciting to finally be together and start your lives together.  I cant wait for that day :wub:.  Good luck to you guys on this new and exciting part of your journey! 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Gary JT said:

Yep if we don't receive our NOA1 by first week in April we are advised to call USCIS,everytime I and my fiancé speak,first thing I say is have you checked your post box ?? she just rolls her eyes at me ?

Haha, I understand that completely.  I will say though, the NOA1 hardcopy doesn't give much more information other than the NOA1 date.  It will be good to have it in hand for the interview and whatnot later down the road but the fact that you have your case number and can track it on the website and apps is most important (when it comes to the waiting, lol).  We sent our packet on December 21 and we got our letter in the mail on January 8th.  So it took a few weeks for us.  It will come.  And then you can take a deep breath and start thinking about the next steps  :) 

21 minutes ago, Ashley Scott said:

Haha, I understand that completely.  I will say though, the NOA1 hardcopy doesn't give much more information other than the NOA1 date.  It will be good to have it in hand for the interview and whatnot later down the road but the fact that you have your case number and can track it on the website and apps is most important (when it comes to the waiting, lol).  We sent our packet on December 21 and we got our letter in the mail on January 8th.  So it took a few weeks for us.  It will come.  And then you can take a deep breath and start thinking about the next steps  :) 

One mistake I did make on filling my G-325a I forgot to fill my city and country of birth,realised day after we sent petition ?☹️ Hopefully won't lead to RFE as information was filled in on the actual I-129f papers ?

1 hour ago, Ashley Scott said:

Welcome!  :)  Have you guys already filed your petition?  Hope your journey goes smoothly! 

Thank you! Yes, journey going smoothly so far..filed in the last week of January, so getting closer day-by-day!

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

04 Oct: I-751 Filed | 10 Oct: GC Extended

18 Aug: I-751 Approved | 04 Oct: N-400 Window Open + Filed

18 Apr: Biometrics Reuse | 14 Jun: Interview

My wife is from Salisbury, and is moving to Houston, Texas (where I currently live). We met in Thailand while on vacation, and most of our relationship was between London/Reading and New York City. We were married in Somerset in April last year, and applied right afterwards.

Interview April 5th, so it will be just about a year process for us.

Hardest thing for her is probably going to be the guns and driving. She isn't happy about Texas, but she's a petroleum geologist so we are here for her job.

Edited by bcking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, Gary JT said:

IMG_3902.PNG

Oh... :) congrats!  Now your wait  begins.  Be patient it is a very lengthy journey!  2 - 6+ months :P it will feel like FOREVER though!

Good Luck!

12/01/2016 – Petition mailed
12/02/2016 – Petition received
12/07/2016 – NOA1 (text/email)
12/09/2016 – NOA1 (hard copy)
03/13/2017 – NOA2 (text/email) 102 days
03/16/2017 – NOA2 (hard copy)
03/23/2017 – NVC Received
03/31/2017 – US Embassy Received
04/18/2017 – DS-160 – Done
04/19/2017 – Visa Paid £217.30
04/19/2017 – Carrier Paid £18.00
04/24/2017 – NVC (hard copy)
04/28/2017 – Knightsbridge – Bentinck Mansions £290
05/12/2017 – Embassy Interview (Knightsbridge error cause delay)
05/22/2017 – Embassy (approved)
06/21/2017 – Arrived @ POE (Newark)
08/03/2017 – AoS mailed ($1140 & $85)
08/07/2017 – AoS received 
08/15/2017 – NOA1 – AoS Biometrics, Work Authorization & Travel Document
08/21/2017 – AoS, Work & Travel (hard copy)
09/05/2017 – AoS RFE (case status)
09/08/2017 – Biometrics (done)
09/18/2017 – RFE Received (text/email)
11/03/2017 – NOA2 – Work Authorization, Travel Document (text/email)
11/10/2017 – NOA2 – Work Authorization, Travel Document (hard copy)
11/20/2017 - EAD combo card (hard copy)
01/19/2018 - Change of Address (submitted)
02/05/2018 - Changed off Address (accepted/hard copy)
03/22/2018 - NOA2 AoS/Interview (Case Status)
03/28/2018 - NOA2 AoS/Interview (hard copy) 237 days
04/30/2018 - Interview Date @ 0800
04/30/2018 - RFE Received (Knightsbridge Error: Incomplete medical)
05/19/2018 - RFE Mailed (New Medical) $225
05/21/2018 - RFE (delivered w/ sign confirmation)
06/01/2018 - Green card received (mail) and e-Notifications

uk and usa.jpg

Timeline
9 hours ago, Gary JT said:

One mistake I did make on filling my G-325a I forgot to fill my city and country of birth,realised day after we sent petition ?☹️ Hopefully won't lead to RFE as information was filled in on the actual I-129f papers ?

Don't stress it. There are a few things I am thinking we may get an RFE for but if we do... I at least know they are working our case and it will be an easy fix! :) and it's pretty quick from RFE to approve so that's always a positive! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.