Jump to content

Tourist visa for family

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

        Hi guys,


I am currently a permanent resident in the US, I just got my 2 year green card. I am considering to sponsor my mom to come visit us, since we can't visit my home country at the moment. Is it possible to sponsor her when I only have my 2 year green card?!? If so, can someone instruct me to the link of the instruction or something?


Thank you very much in advance, guys.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No such thing as sponsoring tourist visas. It is a huge misconcention in immigration. Your mother will have to apply on her own and show strong ties to her country.


Letters or documents from a close relative in the US sometimes hurt the applicants case rather than help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.