marjorie0102

filing based on marriage but currently us spouse in philippines

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I am planning to send my N-400 this end of January ,2017. I have been a legal resident since April 30,2014. Since I got here 2012 I have been happily married and living with my husband. We filed our taxes jointly. Bank accounts are name under both of us as well. End of 2015 my dad in Philippines had a bad accident and still now having his therapy to walk like before. We went over July of 2016 to visit and take care of him and our family business as my dad is not in any way able to up to this date. But as I have a certain time limit as to how long I can be gone from the states I came back December of 2016 but since nobody we can trust can look after my dads being and our business  my husband stayed. We are a very happy and in love married couple  there's no doubt on that. Do you think it will be an issue that he is there for now until everything is back to normal for my dads case and I am here in the states while processing my naturalization? Thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It could be an issue yes, as you are not living in marital union. 

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

We don't have a house here as of the moment. We on the other hand have a joint bank account open and active. I have all our lease documents since 2012 showing that we lived together since then. Also we owned a little property under our names but we just sold it last year. I even have a lease contract under both our names of our apartment in Philippines where I stayed with him before I came back. 

Edited by marjorie0102

Our lease was up anyway so I don't see any reason to renew it when we are going out of country for a while. But I did reach out to get an apartment unit on the same complex before I come back. That should I think establish my intent to come back. But my main concern now is my husbands address. I wonder if I can put my current u.s address as his current address also since when he comes back of course that will be his address here. I got my old job back now and my address. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.