Jump to content

filing based on marriage but currently us spouse in philippines

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone. I am planning to send my N-400 this end of January ,2017. I have been a legal resident since April 30,2014. Since I got here 2012 I have been happily married and living with my husband. We filed our taxes jointly. Bank accounts are name under both of us as well. End of 2015 my dad in Philippines had a bad accident and still now having his therapy to walk like before. We went over July of 2016 to visit and take care of him and our family business as my dad is not in any way able to up to this date. But as I have a certain time limit as to how long I can be gone from the states I came back December of 2016 but since nobody we can trust can look after my dads being and our business  my husband stayed. We are a very happy and in love married couple  there's no doubt on that. Do you think it will be an issue that he is there for now until everything is back to normal for my dads case and I am here in the states while processing my naturalization? Thank you 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have a house here as of the moment. We on the other hand have a joint bank account open and active. I have all our lease documents since 2012 showing that we lived together since then. Also we owned a little property under our names but we just sold it last year. I even have a lease contract under both our names of our apartment in Philippines where I stayed with him before I came back. 

Edited by marjorie0102

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our lease was up anyway so I don't see any reason to renew it when we are going out of country for a while. But I did reach out to get an apartment unit on the same complex before I come back. That should I think establish my intent to come back. But my main concern now is my husbands address. I wonder if I can put my current u.s address as his current address also since when he comes back of course that will be his address here. I got my old job back now and my address. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.