Darren0707

Questions about Eb-2 visa

5 posts in this topic

Hi i am thinking about applying for eb-2 visa after getting my master degree but i have a few questions

1.i live in singapore and our college have a 3 year bachelor degree and i will finish it at 23 and after i will go on with about 2 years of masters.i was wondering if i could apply for eb2 and find a job when i am mid way through my masters as i know eb2 have a long waiting time.

2.i am not in college yet but i am considering going for business or finance or accounting i was wondering which one of these 3 majors could be used in the us and if finance will or will not be a good choice regarding to the labour certificate.

3. i am wondering how the job application process will happen.do i apply in my home country? And also do i have to go to us for interview?

4.lastly i was wondering if its a good choice to go to usa for my masters and if they provide masters for 3 year bachelor.

Thanks

Also i was wondering if a master degree in my country could be used in eb2

On 05/01/2017 at 1:17 AM, myao said:

have you considered entering US through H1B1 visa? It's relatively easy to get since it is a working visa specifically for Singaporeans

Im not really intending to take on short term employment.Thats why im going for eb2

A masters - or advanced degree - is a specifed requirement for an EB-2 (or a bachelors degree + five years progressive experience), and I believe that EB-2 can only be filed for if the position within the sponsoring company specifies a masters/advanced degree as a requirement.

You can self petition for EB-2 if you have a National Interest Waiver. Otherwise, an employer must petition for you.

Edited by mindthegap

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.