Jump to content

F2B - Unmarried son - bring my fiance and kids

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Need your help please. I was petitioned by my mother under F2B (Unmarried Son) and has already been approved. I'm still single but I have 2 kids with my fiancé. I was able to apply my 2 kids as a derivative so they will be able to come with me to the US. My fiancé has a tourist visa and can visit US anytime. My question is, once I already have my green card in the US, can my fiancé visit us and get married in the US then file a F2A visa? Or is it better if I go back to India and get married there then file a F2A visa? Thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Either option is fine, whatever works better for you, but she cannot stay in the USA with her tourist visa after the marriage; she would need to go back to India and wait the 2+ years until the immigration visa is ready; she can visit, but not live/ work in the USA during that time.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.