AtlantaFalcons199

USPS Global Express to Phillipines

19 posts in this topic

Ok judging by what everyone said i think its best to go with Fedex, i have sent 8 letters to her in cebu city and she has gotten none so obviously USPS and philpost are not reliable. Thanks for the information guys! SO i will forget the USPS global express

That's honestly the best way to go. If you are sending just letters then why not just email them to her? The only actually paper stuff I sent to my then fiance now wife was documentation in relation to the K1 visa she was getting. The rest of the time I sent boxes for valuables and other stuff I wanted her to have.

We know it's expensive but wouldn't you want the piece of mind knowing it got there safe? That's how I think about it and it put my mind at ease.

Ok judging by what everyone said i think its best to go with Fedex, i have sent 8 letters to her in cebu city and she has gotten none so obviously USPS and philpost are not reliable. Thanks for the information guys! SO i will forget the USPS global express

I have been lucky with sending letters and cards USPS. But we only send via DHL or UPS Express Worldwide Saver with any documents involved.

2013/05/03 Married

2013 CFO seminar to change name

2013 Passport issued in married name

USCIS

2015/06/27 Sent I-130

2015/06/29 Priority Date

2015/0701 NOA1

2015/08/05 NOA2

NVC

2015/08/17 Package received at NVC

2015/08/26 Received DS-261/AOS bill

2015/08/29 Sent AOS/IV

2015/08/31 AOS/IV scan date

2015/09/01 DS-260 submitted

2015/09/21 3 n/a (CC)

2015/09/28 Receive confirmation email of CC waiting interview date

2015/10/01 Interview date scheduled (P4)

Manila Embassy

2015/10/12 SLEC Medical, required to get doctor certificate and return the 30th.

2015/10/19 Went to hospital to get the doctors certificate for SLEC

2015/10/30 Appointment with doctor at SLEC for evaluation

2015/11/03 Completed medical

2015/11/05 Interview scheduled - APPROVED

2015/11/06 CEAC changed to issued

2015/11/11 Passport and visa delivered

2015/11/12 Passport stamped at CFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i sent someone (ex lover) shoes and watch couple of yrs ago in the province via fedex, quite expensive but it got there like pretty quick BUT they held it since i had to pay taxes (which by the way almost same price of the gifts, i should have sent money instead).. i kinda dont understand when i already paid taxes through fedex :sleepy:

I talked with a USC living in Angeles City about why there aren't US cars on the streets. 100 percent tax on cars coming from US. I also sent stuff over to Phils before. 100 percent customs. So, I'm thinking the Philippines has a 100 percent tax on everything coming from the US. I also bought my fiancee a pair of Asics while in Manila. What would have cost about $130 in Ohio cost $200 in Manila. I was surprised, since the heels at Payless were very reasonable, but it might be that American nametag getting in the way.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

https://www.usps.com/international/gxg.htm<- it says fedex here

"Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG®) service provides fast international shipping, competitive shipping rates, and date-certain delivery with a money-back guarantee1 to about 180 countries. Delivery in 1 to 3 business days2 (1 business day to many destinations in Canada). International transportation and delivery provided by FedEx Express. Beginning at $55.85 at Post Office™ locations."

I sent a letter via USPS. I was also going to use GXG but was told at the post office they only offer that service in certain areas of the Philippines and where my letter was going wasn't one of them. So I just used the normal USPS service. It arrived in Manila within a week. After that it disappeared for 2 and a half months.I aso tried Fedex. The package was delivered within 2 days. You get what you pay for I guess.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.