Izor

name confusion sweden

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey you experienced people in the K1 jungle.

I have some name confusion questions.

Does the K1 Visa process require the same name as my swedish passport?

we all know americans have their given name first, but in sweden the given name is issued last.

last name: Bxxxx given name: Vxxxxx middle names: Ayyyy Cyyyyy

But in the passport my names say Bxxxx, Ayyyy Cyyyy Vxxxx.

is it possible to still have Vxxxx as a given name for all the future documents or am i stuck with Ayyyyy? haha

If so, Can Ayyyy be changed to Vxxxxx after the entire process is done or how should i move forward with this?

Help is very appreciated.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

NOA Date : 2016-07-23

Bio. Appt. : 2016-08-08

Interview Date : 2016-10-25

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-10-25 APPROVED

Green card Received: 2016-11-02

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

Approved Date : 2016-09-19

(F) Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favourite (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** full name removed. For your own privacy and safety, please never post full names, postal or email addresses, case or phone numbers etc online. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Do you mean for example if someone was called Anders Sven Nilsson than Anders is the middle name since the person goes by Sven? Both Anders and Sven are actually given names and I would think that both names would be on the documentation right? I'm not sure though. I have this problem... my name is Emma Sofia but I go by Sofia. On the documentation I have received so far my full name is stated but on the CEAC webpage it only says Emma. Why did my parents have to make it so difficult haha! :)

Or do you mean for example if someone is called Anders Olsson Nilsson and that Olsson is the middle name? If yes then that should be treated as a last name in all documentations because it is listed as a last name in your passport.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You should write it as your passport say. If your given name is your second name, it should be put second or if it's third it should be put down in that order. If you haven't even filed the I-129F yet you can make your life a bit easier but applying for a name change with Skatteverket and change the order of your names. I did, got tired of being called by the wrong name... It's pretty cheap to do too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.