Flyingpig80

Online status hasn't been updated after initial evidence request was responded

24 posts in this topic

AOS and EAD are not visas. and that link is broken.

Unsure why the link is not working on here. Below is what is says...

travel.state.gov > Newsroom > Technological Systems Issue
Technological Systems Issue
JUNE 16, 2015

Passport/Visa Systems Errors

• The Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to address technical problems with our visa systems. Some visa applicants will experience delays in receiving visas. Others will be contacted directly to reschedule their appointments. Passports are still being processed.
  • This issue is not specific to any particular country or visa category; this is a global issue. We do not believe these problems stem from any cyber-security hacking issues.
  • Our border security responsibilities are critical to the visa process. We cannot bypass the legal requirements to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel. We are assisting visa applicants with urgent humanitarian travel, and adoption cases are being processed. Individuals with humanitarian travel needs should contact their nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

Q: What caused this outage? Was it a malicious action or hack?

• There is no evidence the problem is cyber security related.

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• Overseas passports are being issued. Public and private sectors experts are working around the clock to correct the problem, but we do not expect the system will be online before next week.

Q: How many travelers are affected by this outage?

• This is a global issue and is having impact on our consular operations. We are in daily communication with consular operations worldwide to assess the evolving impact and provide guidance, including information for the traveling public.

Q: Once operational, how will cases be prioritized?

• Once the systems are fully operational, we will work as quickly as possible to clear the backlog of pending visa cases.
  • We apologize to applicants and recognize that this may cause hardship to applicants waiting for visas.

I know AOS and EAD are not visas. I was speaking on Advance Parole in relations to the implication in delays that we might encounter when waiting for our combo card.

ROC

5/31/17 mailed packet to CSC priority mail

6/05/17 NOA1 received.  (Dated 6/1/2017)

6/17/17 NOA2 received.  Biometrics Appt. on 6/27

6/27/17 Biometrics completed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Unsure why the link is not working on here. Below is what is says...

travel.state.gov > Newsroom > Technological Systems Issue
Technological Systems Issue
JUNE 16, 2015

Passport/Visa Systems Errors

• The Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to address technical problems with our visa systems. Some visa applicants will experience delays in receiving visas. Others will be contacted directly to reschedule their appointments. Passports are still being processed.
  • This issue is not specific to any particular country or visa category; this is a global issue. We do not believe these problems stem from any cyber-security hacking issues.
  • Our border security responsibilities are critical to the visa process. We cannot bypass the legal requirements to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel. We are assisting visa applicants with urgent humanitarian travel, and adoption cases are being processed. Individuals with humanitarian travel needs should contact their nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

Q: What caused this outage? Was it a malicious action or hack?

• There is no evidence the problem is cyber security related.

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• Overseas passports are being issued. Public and private sectors experts are working around the clock to correct the problem, but we do not expect the system will be online before next week.

Q: How many travelers are affected by this outage?

• This is a global issue and is having impact on our consular operations. We are in daily communication with consular operations worldwide to assess the evolving impact and provide guidance, including information for the traveling public.

Q: Once operational, how will cases be prioritized?

• Once the systems are fully operational, we will work as quickly as possible to clear the backlog of pending visa cases.
  • We apologize to applicants and recognize that this may cause hardship to applicants waiting for visas.

I know AOS and EAD are not visas. I was speaking on Advance Parole in relations to the implication in delays that we might encounter when waiting for our combo card.

This only affects consular visas issued. your AP/EAD combo card is not printed by the consular because it is issued by an office within the United States.

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Mine still says this when I check it at uscis.gov. Don't hold your breath for getting frequent updates there :)

Since then I've received the potential interview waiver case letter and had to resubmit my medical but they don't show up there for some reason.

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On August 1, 2014, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxx. Our Nebraska Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
May 20, 2014: Sent the AOS package
May 22, 2014: NOA for I-485 and I-765
June 10, 2014: Biometrics appointment
June 17, 2014: RFE for a joint sponsor
July 30, 2014: We send the RFE package in
August 1, 2014: I-485 moved to Nebraska Service Center and status changed to RFE review
August 25, 2014: EAD status changed to Card/ Document Production
September 10, 2014: Notice of Potential Visa Waiver Case

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Mine still says this when I check it at uscis.gov. Don't hold your breath for getting frequent updates there :)

Since then I've received the potential interview waiver case letter and had to resubmit my medical but they don't show up there for some reason.

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On August 1, 2014, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxx. Our Nebraska Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Mine doesn't even say the response was received and that's why I'm a bit worried ? It has been exactly 2 weeks now...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.