john&louella

travelling to Phils soon

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi my family are travelling to Philippines for at least 24 days of stay.

-We are all US Citizen and was told we can stay maximum of 30 days without needing the balikbayan visa, how true is this?

-also, we will be needing a hotel to stay for the night before we catch our next flight in the morning bound to province, any recommendations?.

i'd prefer a decent, safe hotel that very closeby the airport.

-airport fees etc?

thank you.

misisB

I would recommend you to stay at lotus garden hotel it's near at airport and easy to get taxi, safe and affordable too

Here's the website http://web.lotusgardenhotel-manila.com/?gclid=COODoLP22MUCFVU2gQodyjsATQ

We always stayed at this hotel bc the staff are friendly nice too..

Edited by Rissa92

Oh try starlight bnb. Its cheap, very clean, superb servicr and the food is awesome :)

K1 VISA :)
02-25-2015: I-129f sent
03-03-2015: NOA1
03-25-2015: NOA2
04-29-2015: Medical (passed)
05-18-2015: Interview (approved) yay!
05-21-2015: Issued! ?
06-25-2015: US entry

AOS
09-16-2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP packets
09-22-2015: NOA

10-15-2015: Biometrics

11-20-2015: EAD and AP approval

12-21-2015: Interview

12-30-2015: AOS approval :)

ROC

11-02-2017: I-751 sent

11-07-2017: NOA1

11-30-2017: Biometrics

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can stay at the Remmington Hotel. Its right opposite to the Airport and surrounded by fast food chains.Also, they have free shuttle bus from and to the Airport…Enjoy your stay in the Phils.

Were you or your spouse born in 'Pinas?

If so, all of you can stay for up to a year.

When you arrive at NAIA, make sure manong customs officer Is aware that you are a balikbayan, and make sure he stamps your passport for a one-year visit.

-We are all US Citizen and was told we can stay maximum of 30 days without needing the balikbayan visa, how true is this?

-also, we will be needing a hotel to stay for the night before we catch our next flight in the morning bound to province, any recommendations?.

-airport fees etc?

thank you.

If your wife has dual citizenship it will be easy for you to enjoy the balikbayan privilege - which allows any USC to stay for one year without obtaining a visa (one day short in reality). To get the stamp your wife needs to be with the USC's in the foreigner line, show her Philippines passport and then they give USC the BB stamp in their passport. It's always a good idea that she carries her BC and the marriage license as it is asked sometimes by customs. BTW, you can avail yourself of Duty Free if you would like.

Here is the official word:

Balikbayans – any overseas Filipino returning to the Philippines, including former Filipinos who have acquired foreign citizenship – can stay in the Philippines without a visa for a period of one year. The balikbayan visa-free stay privilege is extended to the balikbayan’s non-Filipino spouse and children, provided they enter the Philippines with the balikbayan.

Former Filipino Balikbayans traveling to the Philippines are advised to bring either their old Philippine passport or copy of Philippine birth certificate as proof of their former Philippine citizenship. Accompanying family members of the balikbayan can bring appropriate supporting documents:

• For the spouse: copy of marriage certificate

• For each child: copy of birth certificate

• For adopted children: copy of adoption papers Philippine Law (R.A. 9174) provides benefits to baikbayans:

• Tax-exempt maximum purchases in the amount of up to US$2,000.00 (US$1,000.00 as arriving Balikbayan and US$1,000.00 as arriving passenger), at Philippine Government–operated duty free shops

• Exemption from Travel Tax, provided that their stay in the Philippines is one year or less. If their stay in the Philippines exceeds one year, Travel tax will apply to them.

From: http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/balikbayan-one-year-visa-free-stay.html

Airport Fees: http://www.tieza.com.ph/

Hotel recommendations are listed on the main page of this Philippines thread. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/328357-h0tels-in-manila/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On our trips to 'Pinas, there has been no need for Chinook to show her Philippines passport. The biographical page of her U.S. passport shows that she was born in 'Pinas. You can get the balikbayan privelge based upon that alone.

I don't care where I'm traveling to internationally,I carry those items and especially to the Philippines where the law is open to interpretation.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Which airport will you be arriving or departing at?

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't care where I'm traveling to internationally,I carry those items and especially to the Philippines where the law is open to interpretation.

I agree with you, follow the "official requirements" vs someone's personal experience... everyone gets lucky once in awhile, but hate to get caught when the dice don't roll in your favor.

I will add, I had no issue getting the BB stamp in my passport with my wife simply showing her Philippine passport. She had a copy of our marriage certificate but wasn't asked for it, the agent just compare our last name and we were on our way.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I agree with you, follow the "official requirements" vs someone's personal experience... everyone gets lucky once in awhile, but hate to get caught when the dice don't roll in your favor.

I will add, I had no issue getting the BB stamp in my passport with my wife simply showing her Philippine passport. She had a copy of our marriage certificate but wasn't asked for it, the agent just compare our last name and we were on our way.

I'm glad you arrived in the Phil without any problems. Good to see your back in the saddle.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

On our trips to 'Pinas, there has been no need for Chinook to show her Philippines passport. The biographical page of her U.S. passport shows that she was born in 'Pinas. You can get the balikbayan privelge based upon that alone.

My nephew wife went to Philippines last year, she no longer has a Phlippines Passport, She got her US Citizenship about 8 years ago. She was able to take my nephews son, Only her stepson and he got balikbayan stamp in his passport, based on her being with him. She went back home and left him there......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

-airport fees etc?

thank you.

Just catch a late night flight into manila arrive around 11pm and get all your luggage and then go to your next terminal, Most flight are at 4 am to the provinces. I always hang in the airport waiting areas.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.