3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am the petitioner for my fiancee in Egypt. I submitted my petition July 2014, and it was approved. The case was forward to the NVC and I was sent a mail stating that the case will be forward to the US Embassy in Egypt, a case # was given and instructions to follow to apply for the K1 visa. We took all the steps necessary, including the medical part. He paid a fee recently to CIB bank to get the receipt needed in order to have our interview date. An email that was sent to us stated he should sent all documents to "Amarex".. We haven't done so because we are not sure if after that his interview will be schedule or is it through the US visa site? He already completed DS 160. We only seem to be waiting for an appointment to be schedule. How do we know when it's schedule? Who schedules the appointment? What is the waiting period because his petition will expire in July 2015? Also, when we enter the receipt # in the US visa website it says in valid. What is the meaning of this? Please help us.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi stephy, just follow the instructions you have been given. K1 interviews are scheduled by the embassy, once scheduled you will be contacted by e-mail or maybe you will receive a call, Current wait times are approximately 2-3 months, call the NVC, select the option of 'case at US embassy', ask the operator about more details about your case.

i hope i have been helpful, feel free 2 seek 4 clarity.

• 3 months later...

hi every one

i have a question if any one can answer pls

i have sent my complete packet -3 for K-1 FIANCEE VSA with all the required documents to islamabad consulate?

how long they took to reply me ?or send me appointment letter for interview /PHYSICAL???

also do i have to book interviw/or is it embassy gonna schedule me?

also can i pay physical fee directly at AZIZ MEDICAL CENTRE ISLAMABAD?

AND the interview fee at the day of interview at islamabad consulate??

and if some one has done interview at islamabad consulate ,what s it like, do they give decision on spot??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.