TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part III (merged thread)

2,896 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

Case Category: F4 (Brother of US citizen)

My family and I had an interview on the 13th of April 2017, the interview went well and all our documents were in order. At the end of the interview Visa officer handed me a white paper with a check mark on 221g denial. He said your paper work is complete but i will review your overstay and will get back to you. He has also kept our passports.

I overstayed my visit visa back in 1999.

Is this something i need to worry about? How long do you think it will take for them to respond? My petition was submitted in 2004 I have already waited for 13 years and now again the waiting game has come.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Khan0330 said:

Hi,

Case Category: F4 (Brother of US citizen)

My family and I had an interview on the 13th of April 2017, the interview went well and all our documents were in order. At the end of the interview Visa officer handed me a white paper with a check mark on 221g denial. He said your paper work is complete but i will review your overstay and will get back to you. He has also kept our passports.

I overstayed my visit visa back in 1999.

Is this something i need to worry about? How long do you think it will take for them to respond? My petition was submitted in 2004 I have already waited for 13 years and now again the waiting game has come.

Hello, When did you come back from US?

You can review this information.

http://www.galstyanlaw.com/waivers-of-inadmissibility/unlawful-presence-and-the-overstay-bars/

I guess this law is for anyone who overstayed after April 1997. If you overstayed more than 180 days and less than a year you are barred for 3 years, and if you overstayed for 365 days or more you are barred for 10 years.

If you are barred for 3 years and came back any time before April 13th 2014, you should be fine.

If you are barred for 10 years and came back anytime before April 13th 2007, you should be fine.

Regards,

Timeline
2 minutes ago, StraightForward said:

Hello, When did you come back from US?

You can review this information.

http://www.galstyanlaw.com/waivers-of-inadmissibility/unlawful-presence-and-the-overstay-bars/

I guess this law is for anyone who overstayed after April 1997. If you overstayed more than 180 days and less than a year you are barred for 3 years, and if you overstayed for 365 days or more you are barred for 10 years.

If you are barred for 3 years and came back any time before April 13th 2014, you should be fine.

If you are barred for 10 years and came back anytime before April 13th 2007, you should be fine.

Regards,

I came back in March 2003.

Timeline
Just now, StraightForward said:

You should be fine if there is no criminal history on your record.

I was a minor back then going to school in US. I was 17 when i left US in 2003. 

How long do you think the Administrative processing will take if my documents are complete and there is no bar??

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khan0330 said:

I was a minor back then going to school in US. I was 17 when i left US in 2003. 

How long do you think the Administrative processing will take if my documents are complete and there is no bar??

I am going through same problem. I had my interview on April 25th 2016. I have researched and sent all evidence and still waiting for decision.

I believe if you were a minor when you overstayed, and like you said you were 17 in 2003 and you were still a minor, this law does not apply on your case. You should had never been barred.

Edited by StraightForward

Timeline
6 minutes ago, StraightForward said:

I am going through same problem. I had my interview on April 25th 2016. I have researched and sent all evidence and still waiting for decision.

I believe if you were a minor when you overstayed, and like you said you were 17 in 2003 and you were still a minor, this law does not apply on your case. You should had never been barred.

I'm sure there is no bar on me. But i don't know why visa officer said i need to review your overstay. Maybe they are doing a background checks. I guess we'll just have to wait for their response.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. Just wanna share my interview story first. My K1 Visa Interview was on Mar 27, 2017. It went well. No additional docs were requested by CO. At the end of interview CO told me. my case need further processing and given me 221(g) with AP required on it. Since then my case status date changed only once on Apr 03, 2017 but status is the same "READY".

Can anyone help me whats going on or how to get the status update from embassy. If you guys have any email or contact which you had used. Please share.

Thanks

Timeline

I had my interview on 13th of April. Visa officer gave me 221g with no documents required. First status update 14th April, Second status update 21st April and on the same day status changed from AP to Issued. I'm still waiting for my passport to be mailed to me. Its been 4 days now.

3 minutes ago, Khan0330 said:

I had my interview on 13th of April. Visa officer gave me 221g with no documents required. First status update 14th April, Second status update 21st April and on the same day status changed from AP to Issued. I'm still waiting for my passport to be mailed to me. Its been 4 days now.

You will get your passport soon lucky bro I am stuck in administrative processing it's going to be 6 months now

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

You will get your passport soon lucky bro I am stuck in administrative processing it's going to be 6 months now

Thanks man. I wish you all the best, and will pray for everyone who are waiting for visas. 

4 minutes ago, Khan0330 said:

Thanks man. I wish you all the best, and will pray for everyone who are waiting for visas. 

Welcome bro thanks for praying what is your visa caterogy 

Filed: Timeline
17 hours ago, Mehar said:

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. Just wanna share my interview story first. My K1 Visa Interview was on Mar 27, 2017. It went well. No additional docs were requested by CO. At the end of interview CO told me. my case need further processing and given me 221(g) with AP required on it. Since then my case status date changed only once on Apr 03, 2017 but status is the same "READY".

Can anyone help me whats going on or how to get the status update from embassy. If you guys have any email or contact which you had used. Please share.

Thanks

Ready also means AP after interview. It will change any time to AP sign. Everyone case goes from AP some short some long. Cos embassy need to do some time to finalize and time to print visa. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.