Aisha& Wajid

how much time did us embassy islamabad take after submitting additional doc

154 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Aisha,

Can you please tell me after submitting documents, how long did they take to issue a visa? because my mom had an interview on 12th November and they asked for additional papers, they kept her passport and asked her to submit additional papers, i send them papers yesterday. any idea??

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Aisha,

Can you please tell me after submitting documents, how long did they take to issue a visa? because my mom had an interview on 12th November and they asked for additional papers, they kept her passport and asked her to submit additional papers, i send them papers yesterday. any idea??

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

While most adminstrative processing is completed within a few months, some cases take a year or longer. The consulate is set up to process visa's quickly, and wants to handle each case ONE time only. When an applicant is missing some documents, the consulate requests something after the interview, or in case the consulate determines additional investigation is required, the situation is called ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. Basically they are forced to touch your case twice, (they don't admit it but they view it as a nuisance) and they treat it a LOW priority. AP is not unusual and not a reflection that the case will be denied. If the consular officer said everything was ok, then there is nothing to really worry about, if you provide the documents they wanted, the visa WILL be eventually issued. However, Administrative Processing because it is a low priority (for them) usually takes a few months. There is nothing to do but immediately send them what they had asked for, then to be patient.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you guys, but yeah i heard in few cases it only take 3-4 weeks. lets just wait and pray for everyone. i really want my mom's to come here now, eagerly waiting. Please remember me in your prayers.

you got visa???

called speedex and they have to visa for pick up.

OCT 21, issued

NOV 14, printed and sent

NOV 21, in hand

good luck to every one.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just had my interview early this month they ask me to submit additional documents asap so they will give me visa . Now i submitted additional documents but i want to know after how much time i mail them to know either they enter my documents in their system. Thank you all in advance. Its Us embassy islamabad.

hi..congrajulaions for your visa aproval....

you didn't mention your visa status...Islamabad embessay can take to much processing time after visa aproval. iam wating my passport for 9 months after my visa aproval..the embassider told me that we will send your passport with in 2 weeks... so your considerd minimum 6 months for your passport..thanks

Edited by khurram01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.