Aisha& Wajid

how much time did us embassy islamabad take after submitting additional doc

154 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/18/2015 at 3:58 PM, husband_wife said:

221g given at the time of interview. Now I have to submit joint sponsor. Can anyone tell me that which documents are submit to US embassy Islamabad? Please reply.

Have you got visa? I have same issue like you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

My mother's brother is our petitioner for family immigration who is a US citizen. We interviewed at the Islamabad embassy in December of 2018. A week after the interview, they send an email asking me to fill DS 5535 for myself. They only asked me to fill up the form although I have been in USA for a while now. Now I am already in US since 2015 on F-1 visa. I graduated last month and now going to be working here in USA on OPT card.
There has been a few updates on our case since interview but nothing substantial. Our medical has expired last month too. I have following questions:

1. Does asking senator to check on our case will help increasing the speed?
2. Now since I am not in college anymore and will be starting working, will i not be considered a dependent child and removed from getting visa through my mom's case? Should I enroll in Masters to get into school again?
3. Should I ask embassy if my parents visa is approved they should send their passports back while I am undergoing Administrative processing?
4. Anyone who interviewed in Dec in Islamabad got their visa recently? Any advice?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.