phem0r

Is this my final date to enter by?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to UK. Regional Forum~

~At this stage of the process, instructions/requirements are often embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You CHASTISED Avery Cates for the statement --

"If you exceed the time on the NoA2, you can have it extended by the embassy, however for London you need a newly dated and signed original of a letter of intent from your fiance for them to do that."

It is correct. He was addressing an OP going through London and specified it was a London requirement if the NOA2 expires before Interview.

Point made and point taken. Please move this to the appropriate regional forum since this information may be confusing to others, which are the majority.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Quit making up stuff. The NOA2 expiration date is meaningless in the K-1 process. Once the NVC and then the Embassy has the case, they can keep it open for as long as they want.....there iNOTHING for you to do.....they don't even do anything....they have the case and its open until it's closed or completed.

And I don't believe a letter of intent is required for London to do anything....you do need that from each party for the interview.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

I wish avatars would have something below them to state what embassy they are going through, for their respective visas to avoid confusion.

Like a flag or something.... I dunno.

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Timeline

And in actual response to the original post. If your interview is after the date of your i-797 expiry, then you will need to provide a notarized letter of intent stating that the petitioner is still wanting and willing to marry within the specified time. My expiry was the 9th of January, and had my interview today. I had my fiancee send me out a notarized letter on the 11th of Jan. Got here in plenty of time, and it was accepted by the embassy. The officer said I would have until June or July to enter the country if that helps at all if you are trying to work out time lines or periods of time.

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Timeline

Our interview date was scheduled for one day after our NoA 2 date expired. For London a simple notarized newly dated letter of intent will extend your time. Notarization can be done for free at most any bank you have an account at.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello

First post, used a lot of the guides and they have been extremely beneficial so thank you to whoever wrote all of those!

I am the beneficiary of my fiancee & I's K1 visa 129F. My fiancee received the 'I-797, Notice of Action. Approval Notice' I believe this is the NOA2 for which i am very happy about!

We sent the application in at the end of October and it was approved on Feb 14th which was quicker than we expected. Also it says on the letter that it's valid until June 13th which is only 4 months, i thought it was 6 months you had to enter?

Is this date the final date? E.g. will it be changed after the interview or is this final, that's it, set in stone?

Also can anyone provide a link to a explanation of exactly what will happen at the interview/medical in London, UK?

Thank you!

The NOA2 is just approval of the petition. The approved petition allows you to apply for a visa at the embassy. The date on the NOA2 is the validity date for the petition not the visa.

Congrats!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.