Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:35 AM
I read up on Elena's Models About page and the following is an excerpt:
- We were the first dating agency to publish its own Black List of Russian dating scammers back in 1999. We know every trick in the scammers' book. Scammers are not welcome in our agency.
- Elena's Models is #1 recommended agency by AntiScam.NET and many other anti-scam websites.
- The information on women we represent is always checked, and double-checked. We have representatives in Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria and Romania, so it is easy for us to keep in touch with our female clients.
- We are a service-oriented company. Our customer support is always prompt, friendly and effective. If you have a question or need help, our experienced team will be happy to assist you. Your emails and phone calls are always welcome. You won't be left alone to walk down this road - we'll be by your side every step of the way.
- The prices we offer are 50-90% less than you can find at our competitors. Some agencies will charge you as much as $1,800 to become members -our prices start from $16.50 a month. We believe that finding true love does not have to cost a fortune. We deliver excellent service while keeping the costs within your means.
- We are completely dedicated to making your search a success. All our services are designed to bring results. If any service does not result in successful relationships for our clients, we remove it, even if it makes us money. You can be assured that when you use Elena's Models, you are getting value for your money.
Wikipedia's definition of an International Marriage Broker:
“International marriage broker” is defined as an entity (whether or not U.S.-based) that charges fees for providing matchmaking services or social referrals between U.S. citizens/permanent residents and foreign nationals. The definition also exempts non-profit religious or cultural matchmaking services, and dating services that do not match U.S. citizens/residents with aliens as their principal business and that charge comparable rates and offer comparable services to all clients, regardless of gender or country of citizenship.
Based on these information, I would classify Elena's Models as an IMB.
Here are a couple of links to VJ discussion about IMB/IMBRA:
27-Feb-2014: US Entry
28-Feb-2014: I-485, I-765, I-131 sent via UPS
03-Mar-2014: Applied for SSN
07-Mar-2014: UPS package received by USCIS
11-Mar-2014: Received SSN
11-Mar-2014: NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP
12-Mar-2014: Cheque cashed
20-Mar-2014: Biometrics appointment (04-Apr) letter received
21-Mar-2014: Successful early walk-in for biometrics
21-Apr-2014: EAD & AP approved (email & text)
24-Apr-2014: Email notice received re: combo card mailed to my address
DONE with K-1 Visa! Journey took 108 days from NOA1 date to the day we received the visa.
25-Sep-2013: I-129F mailed via UPS
27-Sep-2013: Received at Dallas Lockbox
03-Oct-2013: Alien Registration Number changed
06-Dec-2013: DHL created shipment reference
09-Dec-2013: Left NVC
10-Dec-2013: DHL package signed for at the Vancouver consulate
15-Dec-2013: Packet 3 Emailed
17-Dec-2013: CEAC Status "Ready"
14-Jan-2014: Interview - APPROVED
17-Jan-2014: Visa in hand