Oliver and Lisa

Transit visa in Japan for connecting flight

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm now confused when I read your posts. I'm flying on tuesday with a 4hour layover at Narita. I didn't know about transit visa. Maybe I should call AA first thing in the morning on monday.

I don't think you are going to have a problem if you have confirmed seat. My mother ticket is standby thats the difference. Call the airlines and let us know please. Thank you!

Dec.2004 -first hello

Feb.2005-Taiwan chinese new year first meeting

June.2005-Boracay Philippines

Jan.2006-Taiwan celebrating his birthday with me

July.2006-Thailand (Bangkok)& Philippines

Dec.2006~Jan.2007-Thailand (pattaya)

--------------------------

K1

Oct.23,2006-NOA1

Oct.25,2006-first touched

Jan.23,2007-touched after 88days since NOA1

Jan.23,2007-NOA2 THANKS GOD!!!!

Jan.24,2007-touched

Jan.30,2007-NOA2 snail mail

Feb.06,2007-Recieved letter from NVC MNL2007533***

March,08,2007- Recieved 2 letters from Manila Embassy...i guess this is pre-interview notice huh(datedFeb.13,2007)

Apr.04,2007-Packet4

Apr.27,2007-Medical

May 08,2007-Interview (7:30am)-APPROVED THANK YOU LORD!!!

May 12,2007-(sat.?)VISA in hand woooohoooooooo

June 19,2007-Departure

----------------------

July 7,2007-Wedding Day

July 16,2007- Applied SSN in married name...(Recieved SSN card in the mail July 24th)

AOS

July 17,2007- Sent AOS/EAD application

July 17,2007- Applied for State ID in married Name(got August 05,2007)

July 18,2007- Driver's learners permit test....passed

Aug. 09,2007-Passport Amended in Philippine Embassy Washington D.C. (done the next day)

Aug. 21,2007- Biometrics AOS and AED

Sept.26,2007- EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 01,2007-EAD Approval Notice Sent(Recieved in the mailed Oct.04)

Oct. 03,2007-Passed the Driver Test Iam a license driver now yey-AOS Transferred to CSC

Nov. 27,2007-Card Production Prdered

116252889265330.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you have a stand by ticket there is a possibility that you might have to leave the next day. This is why you are required to have a transit visit in this situtation. Like previous posters "if you are leaving the same day from the same airport you arrived at you do not need a transit visa as long as you do not leave the airport.". If you are arriving at Narita and leaving from Haneda you need a transit visit. As an USC you get a 90 day visa upon arriving so for USC there is no issue.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Flying non rev standby is a different situation. Below i have copied and pasted what delta's non rev policy is for Japan. It looks to me that delta has its own rules for allowing a standby passenger ro bard a plane if that passenger's citizenship does not allow entry into Japan without some kind of visa. A US citizen would be ok and not have to meet this requirement as Japan doesn't require a visa for Americans to enter but a filipino or other citizen would require a transit visa as per delta's requirementa. So I interpret this as saying that a delta agent will not issue a standby pass to a non US citizen connecting in Japan without that person having a transit visa. Here is the delta rule in that and im sure other airlines have the same rule :

A transit/short-stay visa to enter Japan may be required for non-US citizens which must be arranged prior to arrival. Japanese immigration authorities are NOT authorized to issue a Shore Pass/Transit Pass for temporary entry in the event a nonrev is not boarded on their intended flight. Due to the possibility that standby passengers may not be boarded on their intended flights, all nonrevenue passengers must have entry documents for each country on their flight itinerary regardless of the intent to transit a country as a connecting point to another destination.

Click here for more details.

Back Continue Listing

As long as you don't exit the airport you dont need one

As long as you don't exit the airport you dont need one

,, that's good to know

• 1 year later...
Filed: Timeline

I know this topic is old, however I had a similar question and wanted to make sure if the rules have not changed.

" When connecting between international flights, passengers are not required to undergo Immigration procedures if they are staying in the departure area (airside) until their next flight. However, Immigration procedures will be required if passengers wish to leave this area to meet a friend or to go outside the airport. In some cases, a visa may also be required. Please contact your airline or the Immigration Bureau directly in advance, if you are unsure of the requirements."

- Via http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/connect/inter/

and in case you can read Japaneses http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/index.html

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is just as stated in your quote. No transit visa needed if you are simply connecting between international flights, and do not exit the gate areas.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You'll get off your plane and go through security screening again and they will have you remain in the same terminal for replaneing. Its really simple. No need for trasit visa.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.