Sign in to follow this  
MikeClaudia

Medical exam question:Ciudad Juarez

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anybody who has been to Ciudad Juarez recently for the medical exam prior to going to the consulate,can give me more insight on the current process(what they test for exactly and what shots or vaxinations they give),charges(fees should I pay in pesos or dollars)and when to arrive and what to bring.

I always read and hear different things from different people as things change just curious on more current cases or experiences members can share with me here.

I work in a hotel in San Diego,California lots of the staff I work with are immigrants to the USA many from Mexico but also all over the world some are on work,tourist and K1 visas some have theyre green cards some have become citzens so I always hear different info and most of the Mexicans I work with have been in the country a few or many years.

Just curious what my fiance can expect.

Have you seen these official links from the consulate?

http://ciudadjuarez....dical-exam.html

http://photos.state....widemedical.pdf

http://photos.state....TIONSEP2011.pdf

The medical exam itself is $190 plus tax according to that recent information above. The vaccinations are charged separately and I have almost never heard of anyone being administered more than these 3 vaccines: TDaP, MMR, and Varicella. You can pay with credit card, cash, etc. and I believe in dollars or pesos (more payment info from the consulate available here). The list of what to bring and other instructions is in the second document linked above.

Edited by GlobeHopperMama

Unless something has changed very recently, they do not give vaccinations for those applying for a K-1 visa. You will need to get the vaccinations on your own in Mexico or in the US after you arrive. Make sure to get a vaccination record that shows you had them done. You will need to find a civil surgeon in the US to fill out and transcribe your vaccinations onto the I-693 form to send in with your AOS. If they do now give vaccinations to those getting a K-1, then get them there, have them marked off on the DS-3025 and get a copy of it. This will save you from having to see a civil surgeon in the US later and pay more.

Show up early in the morning on the day you plan to have your medical. The long line starts forming quite early.

Instructions for K-1 applicants, medical info on page 8: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/packetk1may.pdf

Ignore this though --> * [Fiancé (e) visa applicants do not need to present an appointment letter] Because you do need to bring the invitation letter from CDJ, passport and appointment confirmation.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.