David and Karen

Canadian/American Flag

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all!

I have a question for yas.....has anyone seen a flag that is a Canadian/American flag combined. So one flag with half of each? I don't mean an avatar I mean a real flag. If so, anyone know where they are sold?

Thanks!

K

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That would would be hard to find I would imagine. The US is VERY particular about its flag and how it is represented. Why not just fly both? My mom is Canadian and my dad is American and while I was growing up we always had both proudly flying in the front yard.

Joel

Hey all!

I have a question for yas.....has anyone seen a flag that is a Canadian/American flag combined. So one flag with half of each? I don't mean an avatar I mean a real flag. If so, anyone know where they are sold?

Thanks!

K

Actually I have. I kick myself now for not buying it a few years ago when Darcy lived in Calgary. It was a car flag. I will let you know if I find it.

Jen

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
That would would be hard to find I would imagine. The US is VERY particular about its flag and how it is represented. Why not just fly both? My mom is Canadian and my dad is American and while I was growing up we always had both proudly flying in the front yard.

Joel

Very true! Probably would be classified as flag desecration.

If you are interested in knowing more about how particular the US Government is about "Old Glory" here are the flag codes: http://www.usflag.org/

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

A long time VJ member (Sharon) has one that she bought in Montreal. So these kind of flags do exist. They aren't "official" flags but cool nonetheless.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Darcy just said you can get them at truck stops. He said they should have at Flying J's. If you can't find it, let me know.

Jen

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Other Timeline

I have about half a dozen of them. Not available in the US, but can be found in some dollar stores in Canada in the summer time before our national holidays in July. Sharon and Zen found a bunch in Montreal, and then about a year later my Mum found some in a dollar store in Ajax I think it was.

They're not full size flags tho, just the size mentioned above, like you can put on your car window. They're novelty flags, and go against all flag flying etiquette of not just the US but also Canada and any other country who has a flag. But :P we can wave them if we want. ;)

Proper flag etiquette is that the flag of the country where you are (in my case for the moment would be US) is the largest, and/or on the highest pole. Flags of other countries should be smaller, or and/or on a shorter pole, or on the same pole as host country, but below. Flags should be raised at dawn, and lowered at dusk, and *never* flown during bad weather. This goes for state/provincial flags, as well as country flags.

Flags should be retired and replaced when they start to show wear or get torn. Flags should also not be flown upside down, this is the signal that you've been attacked and invaded. So unless you've been attacked and invaded, your flag should always be upright. For those unfamiliar, (like the colour guard in Atlanta :P ) the Canadian maple leaf should be flown all points UP.

If you Must hang a Canadian flag vertically or use it as a curtain on a window, it should be displayed thusly:

ca-vert.gif

If you wish to hang the US flag vertically, it should be displayed thusly:

illus1.jpg

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

Joel

We actually don't want it for outdoors. If were were to fly any flag or flags they would indeed be the proper ones and done with much respect. I agree...fly both.

Darcy just said you can get them at truck stops. He said they should have at Flying J's. If you can't find it, let me know.

Jen

Thanks Darcy! I'll look next time I stop at one. Hmmm well that isn't likely anytime soon but I will keep my eyes open nonetheless. I just might keep you in mind Jen if I don't have much luck here. Thanks!

I have about half a dozen of them. Not available in the US, but can be found in some dollar stores in Canada in the summer time before our national holidays in July. Sharon and Zen found a bunch in Montreal, and then about a year later my Mum found some in a dollar store in Ajax I think it was.

They're not full size flags tho, just the size mentioned above, like you can put on your car window. They're novelty flags, and go against all flag flying etiquette of not just the US but also Canada and any other country who has a flag. But :P we can wave them if we want. ;)

Proper flag etiquette is that the flag of the country where you are (in my case for the moment would be US) is the largest, and/or on the highest pole. Flags of other countries should be smaller, or and/or on a shorter pole, or on the same pole as host country, but below. Flags should be raised at dawn, and lowered at dusk, and *never* flown during bad weather. This goes for state/provincial flags, as well as country flags.

Flags should be retired and replaced when they start to show wear or get torn. Flags should also not be flown upside down, this is the signal that you've been attacked and invaded. So unless you've been attacked and invaded, your flag should always be upright. For those unfamiliar, (like the colour guard in Atlanta :P ) the Canadian maple leaf should be flown all points UP.

If you Must hang a Canadian flag vertically or use it as a curtain on a window, it should be displayed thusly:

ca-vert.gif

If you wish to hang the US flag vertically, it should be displayed thusly:

illus1.jpg

I'll have to keep looking then. Sounds like a Dollar store or a place I would least expect to find it is where it just may be. Thanks for the flag info.

Edited by David and Karen

Timeline

I have seen an image of such a flag, on this forum. Quite disturbing actually, but that's just my opinion. Equally as disturbing was what I saw in downtown Vancouver once, while I was waiting to start the Sun Run (The 2nd largest 10K running event in North America.) It was just after a friendly fire incident in Afganistan where an American pilot accidently dropped live ammunition on a training exercise, killing 4 Canadian soldiers. All of the flags in front of this major plaza, or hotel, or whatever it was were at half mast, but the US flag was at full mast.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Something similar is a flag pin that is available at some souvenir and government stores in Canada - I haven't seen them here - that has the US and the Canadian flags flying together, one to the right and one to the left, that you wear as a lapel pin. I got one in Canada before I left and another from the Canadian Consulate in Atlanta. You can probably find those on line. We wear ours when appropriate. We also have small hand held Canadian flags and US flags in planters on our front porch.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This place says they make them, I don't see them on the site but you can email them.

http://www.grandflags.ca/index.html

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline
Yup!

My wife Sharon, (a long-time VJ member) got one several years ago to fly proudly at our wedding.

It now has a place of honor in our living room. :luv:

This is it:

44canamforevervm0.jpg

Yes!!! That is what I'm looking for!! Do you remember where she picked it up fish?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup!

My wife Sharon, (a long-time VJ member) got one several years ago to fly proudly at our wedding.

It now has a place of honor in our living room. :luv:

This is it:

44canamforevervm0.jpg

Yes!!! That is what I'm looking for!! Do you remember where she picked it up fish?

I have this exact one. I bought it in the By Ward Market in Ottawa. If you happen to be from around here or know where that is. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.