Sign in to follow this  
aliciaandfran

forseen address for my fiance

5 posts in this topic

Ok...so, question...

I-129F it asks the address where my fiance will live when he gets to the US. My plan is to rent an apartment before he gets here, which will be ours after we are married. (I currently live with my mom~I'm only 21...but I am in the process of saving and setting up an apartment...but don't yet have it.) He will stay in the apartment and I will stay with my mom until we get married. (We don't plan on waiting too long to get married but maybe like 2 weeks or something)...So, my question is...is it a bad idea to answer that question with the truth...how i am going to rent an apartment for us (for him until we get married)...I planned on writing that i didn't have the exact address yet but we will rent an apartment in my town....blah blah blah...i basically was going to explain what i just explained to you guys. or is it better to give an exact address (my parent's address) albeit no exactly the whole truth...i'd love to hear your opinions on this one. thanks!

Edited by aliciaandfran

Ok...so, question...

I-129F it asks the address where my fiance will live when he gets to the US. My plan is to rent an apartment before he gets here, which will be ours after we are married. (I currently live with my mom~I'm only 21...but I am in the process of saving and setting up an apartment...but don't yet have it.) He will stay in the apartment and I will stay with my mom until we get married. (We don't plan on waiting too long to get married but maybe like 2 weeks or something)...So, my question is...is it a bad idea to answer that question with the truth...how i am going to rent an apartment for us (for him until we get married)...I planned on writing that i didn't have the exact address yet but we will rent an apartment in my town....blah blah blah...i basically was going to explain what i just explained to you guys. or is it better to give an exact address (my parent's address) albeit no exactly the whole truth...i'd love to hear your opinions on this one. thanks!

Well, if you don't have the apartments address as of yet and you are getting ready to send off the petition, I would say you would need to use your parents address, because technically the apartment does not exist yet. right? I think USCIS is looking for an exact address on the petition. Others may have different opinions on this, this is just my opinion.

~Stacey

I'd use your mom's address initially.

Every piece of evidence after you rent an apartment should reflect the new address. Be sure he has it as soon as you get it though and that both of you are on the same page.

I had the same issue (kind of) with mine. I filed the k1 from a friends house where I was living, moved to a new house two weeks before she got here. Everything from that point that she and I used had the new address.

Filed AOS from the same address and there were no problems.

Use Mama's address.

thanks...

I'd use your mom's address initially.

Every piece of evidence after you rent an apartment should reflect the new address. Be sure he has it as soon as you get it though and that both of you are on the same page.

I had the same issue (kind of) with mine. I filed the k1 from a friends house where I was living, moved to a new house two weeks before she got here. Everything from that point that she and I used had the new address.

Filed AOS from the same address and there were no problems.

Thanks so much for your help.

Ok...so, question...

Well, if you don't have the apartments address as of yet and you are getting ready to send off the petition, I would say you would need to use your parents address, because technically the apartment does not exist yet. right? I think USCIS is looking for an exact address on the petition. Others may have different opinions on this, this is just my opinion.

~Stacey

You are probably 100% right...I will use my mom's address...thanks...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.