Sign in to follow this  
bluehills73

Any one know about CR189 instead of I751 Removal of conditions

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I submitted my I-751 on Sept 16th and had my biometrics done on Oct 12th. Today I checked my status online USCIS.gov and it says "Your Current Case Status for Form CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED"

It's under Initial Review. Is anyone have the same issue especially who files in September month 2011.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I submitted my I-751 on Sept 16th and had my biometrics done on Oct 12th. Today I checked my status online USCIS.gov and it says "Your Current Case Status for Form CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED"

It's under Initial Review. Is anyone have the same issue especially who files in September month 2011.

Thanks.

Where did you send your initial filing? I was just reading this, which mentioned I-751 and CR189 in the same article, where CR189 refers to a case which has been transferred from Nebraska or Texas SC to California or Vermont: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=201bac3a8595a110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I am not a filer until this month, but that's what I was able to find on the Internets. :) It may be relevant.

It seems as though you may not have read the NOA1 notice that was issued to you. Please read things very carefully.

I filed Sept 3rd. Which really makes no difference as all NOA1 contain this information.

The NOA1 clearly states:

" The I-751 form type will be listed as "CRI89" under the application type in our case status on-line tool "

It seems as though you may not have read the NOA1 notice that was issued to you. Please read things very carefully.

I filed Sept 3rd. Which really makes no difference as all NOA1 contain this information.

The NOA1 clearly states:

" The I-751 form type will be listed as "CRI89" under the application type in our case status on-line tool "

Thank you all. I see that it's the same and my case has been transferred to Vermont.

CR189 is an internal name for I751. So basically it is the same thing as trillium13 said.

Everyone who filed for i751 sees CR189 online.

I know this is an old post but I'm confused by the notices my wife and I have gotten (for her).

Her conditional status was scheduled to expire in Feb 2013 (2 years since getting the green card)

I submitted the I-751 in Nov and got the receipt in Dec, scheduling appt in Feb for her biometrics. At almost the same time I got a receipt saying that the conditional status had been extended for an additional year. It had a different WAC number.

We are in CA for sent everything to the CA service center.

Feb did the biometrics but were getting concerned that hadn't heard anything else. Last month I started trying to look up the case status. Under one WAC number it say "It has been approved" - but I think that is the approval to get biometrics. The other WAC number says that the status is unavailable. We haven't received any other notice. She has a friend that got the status removed in just a couple months. I called the service center and they explained that the extension for 1 year is routine because they are backed up. But I still don't understand why I don't see any status on the USCIS website? The receipt did refer to this CR189 reference. Do I need to look up the status in a different way to reference the CR189?

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.