kirk and Jenny

General topic

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I lived in Texas for a while. When I finally got to leave I couldn't wait. I drove non-stop until I got to Oklahoma. When I got across the state line, I pulled over, got out of the car, and walked on over to the "Welcome to Texas" sign. Then I dropped my pants and took a piss on Texas, vowing never to return.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Don't ever come back, then; we sure as hell wouldn't want you in my great state.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in Texas for a while. When I finally got to leave I couldn't wait. I drove non-stop until I got to Oklahoma. When I got across the state line, I pulled over, got out of the car, and walked on over to the "Welcome to Texas" sign. Then I dropped my pants and took a piss on Texas, vowing never to return.

Cheers!

AKDiver

:lol:

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Cheers!

AKDiver

:lol: PERFECT! :thumbs:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I have to admit to not being a fan of Texas either, having spent time in Galveston and Houston. It certainly made me appreciate Maine all the more.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Don't ever come back, then; we sure as hell wouldn't want you in my great state.
What ever happened to, "Y'all come back now, y'hear?"

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

southern Califorinia, been there done that and not going back

K-3 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2002-09-28

I-130 Sent : 2004-06-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-06-29

Re-entry to U.S. Denied:2005-12-31

I-130 Approval : 2006-03-09

NVC Received : 2006-05-02

Your I-130 was approved in 646 days.

NVC Packet complete 2006-09-14

Interview : 2006-11-01

Visa: 2006-11-02

POE: 2006-11-02

Arrived at home: 2006-11-04

Welcome Letter: 2006-11-24

I have to admit to not being a fan of Texas either, having spent time in Galveston and Houston. It certainly made me appreciate Maine all the more.

If you don't like Texas, by all means don't go back there. I'm sure you'll be missed. :devil:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ITS SURPRISING NO ONE PICKED NEW YORK. I KNOW FIRST HAND THAT ITS LOSING ITS STATUS. WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO LIVE LIKE WE ARE THE ONES DOING THE TERRORIZING.

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Hands-down, the worst place I ever lived was Topeka, Kansas. I am not a smart man, but it was as if I doubled the collective IQ of the place the minute I hit town. Kind of crazy that this place was so bad, but yet 30 miles to the east, Lawrence, Kansas was a charming little place full of intellect and culture.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

ITS SURPRISING NO ONE PICKED NEW YORK. I KNOW FIRST HAND THAT ITS LOSING ITS STATUS. WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO LIVE LIKE WE ARE THE ONES DOING THE TERRORIZING.

I wouldn't ever live in New York. Maybe it's narrow of me to say that since I've never been there, but I've visited other megacities like London and Paris and didn't relish the thought of living in those places either. I just don't like the noise and commotion of giant cities.

I think the cost of living is what scares some people away from New York. I hear it's absolutely obscene.

... the cost of living is what scares some people away from New York.

:yes:

Manhattan wages in certain choice professions are pretty obscene too. So it evens out. For some. For those for whom it doesn't, there's Jersey.

Manhattan wages in certain choice professions are pretty obscene too. So it evens out. For some. For those for whom it doesn't, there's Jersey.

No thanks; I'd never live up there, I'd rather save my pennies.

Is that why so many companies try to get desperate, naive contractors for NYC jobs?

I've received more than one call that way -- hung up after they would not even meet minimal LIVING costs, let alone that of aggravation of living there (for the lousy air-travellability for example).

And Jersey is also horrendously pricey (typical rent similar to McLean, VA or Kalorama area of DC).

Had you said Penn(sylvania), your statement could be considered valid; as it stands, bakvas.

No thanks; I'd never live up there, I'd rather save my pennies.

Personally, I'd rather live in Dallas; but God won't let me move there (or Atlanta) currently. (While I know that you are atheist, I cannot explain it any other way).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

And Jersey is also horrendously pricey (typical rent similar to McLean, VA or Kalorama area of DC).

Compared to many parts of the country, yes. Compared to Manhattan - no.

I wouldn't ever live in New York. Maybe it's narrow of me to say that since I've never been there, but I've visited other megacities like London and Paris and didn't relish the thought of living in those places either. I just don't like the noise and commotion of giant cities.

I think the cost of living is what scares some people away from New York. I hear it's absolutely obscene.

Don't judge it til you know it! NY is cheaper than London....!!!

Any republican small town in America would be horrible.

Edited by devilette

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.