britty9

Netherlands Interview process

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and if anybody could be of assistance I'd really appreciate it! :)

We got our NOA2 email on September 20. To check case status at NVC do I just call the customer service line or is there another way to go about it? With the automated service will they tell me that they got it and then forwarded it? After they send it, how do I find out that it got to Amsterdam? Do I just wait for the packet to arrive to my fiance? Do they send packet 3 and 4 or just one packet?

I'm preparing the I-134 packet and getting proof of ongoing relationship, etc. I will be sending this, and the I-129F packet to my fiance in Den Haag asap. When the packet arrives what is in it? I know sometimes they issue an interview date and medical date in some countries, is that the way it works in NL? I guess I'm just wondering also if there is anything that Michiel will need to get together that he can start getting now instead of when the packet gets there, to save time?

Any other helpful hints and tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Dank u wel. :)

K-1 Visa Timeline

8-5-11: I-129F sent via FEDEX Ground to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

8-9-11: Delivered to Lewisville, TX Lockbox Signed for by CVILLEGAS

8-11-11: NOA1 Email/Text :)

8-12-11: Check cashed!

8-12-11: Touch.

9-20-11: NOA2. 40 days after NOA1.

12-15-11: Interview and APPROVED!!

12-24-11: POE in Philadelphia!

6bbYm4.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and if anybody could be of assistance I'd really appreciate it! :)

We got our NOA2 email on September 20. To check case status at NVC do I just call the customer service line or is there another way to go about it? With the automated service will they tell me that they got it and then forwarded it? After they send it, how do I find out that it got to Amsterdam? Do I just wait for the packet to arrive to my fiance? Do they send packet 3 and 4 or just one packet?

I'm preparing the I-134 packet and getting proof of ongoing relationship, etc. I will be sending this, and the I-129F packet to my fiance in Den Haag asap. When the packet arrives what is in it? I know sometimes they issue an interview date and medical date in some countries, is that the way it works in NL? I guess I'm just wondering also if there is anything that Michiel will need to get together that he can start getting now instead of when the packet gets there, to save time?

Any other helpful hints and tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Dank u wel. :)

You can call NVC to ensure that they have received it and if it has been issued a case number. Once they give you the case number I would start calling DOS from then on. They are much more helpful and can give you more up to date information such as when NVC sent it to Amsterdam, when Amsterdam opened the case file, etc...

As far as the embassy specific stuff I haven't a clue but some smart Netherlander does I'm sure!

Timeline

Thank you!! :)

K-1 Visa Timeline

6bbYm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

When it's an i-129f petition you can't use the automatic thing as it will just keep saying they have no record of it. You have to call and talk to a person, provide the info they ask for, and they'll see if they have it in their system. It may take a week or two for them to receive it from USCIS and put it into their system.

For embassy specific info, http://amsterdam.usconsulate.gov/iv_k1_pkt3.html

VJ's embassy info: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Netherlands&cty=Amsterdam

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Timeline

You want to send all your forms to the Netherlands asap, in our case it took only 8 days from NOA-2 to receiving Package 3 from the Consulate.

In package 3 they will give you a link to all the forms you need to fill out and the Package also explains what to do, after you are ready with collecting all the forms you send the checklist to the Consulate and they will send you Package 4 with the interview date and details about the what to pay and what to bring. For the Medical you make the appointment with the doctor and the X-ray.

Here is a link with reviews on the Amsterdam Consulate, http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Netherlands&cty=&dfilter=5

Timeline

Thanks everyone! I called NVC today and I got my new case number. They got it on Friday and haven't forwarded it yet. She told me it's undergoing processing and there is no time frame. Is that a standard thing they say? Or does this mean something else entirely? I'm so ready for Michiel to get here!

K-1 Visa Timeline

6bbYm4.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks everyone! I called NVC today and I got my new case number. They got it on Friday and haven't forwarded it yet. She told me it's undergoing processing and there is no time frame. Is that a standard thing they say? Or does this mean something else entirely? I'm so ready for Michiel to get here!

All the NVC operators give standard answers. Now that you have your case number start calling DOS to get status updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.