Sign in to follow this  
maya62

AOS interviews scheduled... again

4 posts in this topic

To those who were so sweet when I posted about how we missed our AOS interviews... I really will never forget that kindness from people here on VJ. My husband was very forgiving, and it appears perhaps USCIS forgives us, but it really helped to get some support from people here who understand what a devastating error it is to miss one's AOS interview. There are so few appointments in life that are SO important. It's like an appointment to decide whether or not you get to "keep" your family! :(

So last night, I had a good feeling when I went to the mailbox, and sure enough, there were our rescheduled appointment letters (K1 & K2). My husband was so cute... as we were walking back into the house, he made that motion that some American athletes do when they score... I can't describe it, but it seemed very American. And he said, calmly, "this time I will read the letters". :blush:

So the countdown begins again... interviews scheduled for November 8.

Thanks again for the support here... it is really so appreciated.

:luv:

Maya

Edited to add: These letters, which are from the local office, say our interview will be videotaped!! I wonder if this is normal, or if this is our penance for missing the first interviews??? :unsure:

Edited by maya62

:blush: Yeah, I was thinking maybe we should stay in a hotel within walking distance of the USCIS building as our interviews are early in the morning. Don't want to leave anything to chance... we live about 1.5 hours from there and traffic heading that way (into DC) in the AM is really heavy and unpredictable. And gosh, what if the car breaks down? We just absolutely, positively HAVE to be there.

OK, so maybe the insomnia is going to last about 6 more weeks... :blink:

Thanks Carrie and Peter...

Maya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.