Trey7Sarah

***Question about the SPUTUM TEST in the Philippines***

71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Haha I am writing this stuff down! Great stuff. I know there is alot more to this but the more I know and Sarah knows, the easier it will be on the both of us. I am communicating this information to Sarah so she is not lost. She has been a survivor from day 1 lol. Thank you again Tahoma!

09-16-2009 Sarah and I met online

01-20-2011 We met face-to-face for the 1st time at Cebu Mactan Airport

K-1 Process

02-14-2011 I-129F Sent

02-18-2011 I-129F NOA1 Received

02-22-2011 NOA1 hard copy received

07-19-2011 NOA2 Approved!

09-11-2011 St Luke's Med. Appt.- the dreaded 'sputum test' needed ;(

10-03-2011 'Sputum test' on the 3rd, 4th, & 5th

12-05-2011 Told sputum test was negative over the phone!

12-06-2011 Completed Sarah's medical

12-07-2011 Interview- Approved!

12-08-2011 Completed CFO seminar

12-17-2011 2go delivered the visa!

12-19-2011 CFO sticker received!

12-20-2011 Flight from Manila> Tokyo> Los Angeles> to Dallas,TX

12-30-2011 Married!

Timeline

I believe she can complete her medical the same day. All she needs to do is to complete her immunizations and pick up her x-ray CD, etc. While she's at St. Lukes, she should ask them for help to expedite an interview appointment. I think they can help.

Sarah should also complete the CFO seminar while she's in Manila. She can do it the day after her medical. That way, all she has to do when she receives her visa is to pick up the CFO sticker at the CFO main office...or at the airport before she flies out. If she decides to pick up her CFO sticker at the airport, it's critical to call them in advance to make sure someone will be at the CFO office at the terminal she's leaving from. The CFO has offices in two or three terminals, but they only have one person who rotates between the offices.

If she can get a quick interview appointment, and if all of her paperwork is in order, and if her visa is delivered within a week, she could still make her scheduled flight. It wouldn't hurt for her to tell the consular officer about her travel date.

Guys...Thanks for the kind words. I know how difficult this process can be and I thank those who came before Chinook and I and helped us through our visa journey. :star:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Haha I am writing this stuff down! Great stuff. I know there is alot more to this but the more I know and Sarah knows, the easier it will be on the both of us. I am communicating this information to Sarah so she is not lost. She has been a survivor from day 1 lol. Thank you again Tahoma!

Walang anuman po. :star: I hope your journey goes smoothly and quickly.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

Salamat po, brother Thomas. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Timeline

Hi, Sarah is having a difficult time calling St Lukes because it keeps giving her a busy signal. She tried calling yesterday and again today which is her call date 11-30-11 for the results. Maybe the reception is horrible since she lives on a small island off of Bohol. She will try again tomorrow morning when she arrives in the city to catch her plane to Manila. I presume that if she hasn't received a call from St Lukes, then it's good news. Therefore she will catch the plane 12-1-11 to Manila and hopefully squeeze in early Friday morning 12-2-11 to complete her medical.

I have a couple of questions. When she finishes her medical, can she request to have the medical results X-ray CD etc be given to her rather than St Lukes delivering the results to the consulate for the interview?

When she passes the interview, which is quicker for her to receive the visa? That she request to pick up at a 2 GO branch or have it mailed. I don't like the mailing part. If they have to mail the visa, can she request it to be mailed to her aunt in Manila versus her home in Bohol?

Thank you very much.

K-1 Process

02-14-2011 I-129F Sent

12-30-2011 Married!

Timeline

You Welcome!!!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Hi, Sarah is having a difficult time calling St Lukes because it keeps giving her a busy signal. She tried calling yesterday and again today which is her call date 11-30-11 for the results. Maybe the reception is horrible since she lives on a small island off of Bohol. She will try again tomorrow morning when she arrives in the city to catch her plane to Manila. I presume that if she hasn't received a call from St Lukes, then it's good news. Therefore she will catch the plane 12-1-11 to Manila and hopefully squeeze in early Friday morning 12-2-11 to complete her medical.

I have a couple of questions. When she finishes her medical, can she request to have the medical results X-ray CD etc be given to her rather than St Lukes delivering the results to the consulate for the interview?

When she passes the interview, which is quicker for her to receive the visa? That she request to pick up at a 2 GO branch or have it mailed. I don't like the mailing part. If they have to mail the visa, can she request it to be mailed to her aunt in Manila versus her home in Bohol?

Thank you very much.

If she hasn't received a call from St. Lukes by now, it's going to be good news. :thumbs:

St. Lukes gives the x-ray CD and the vaccination report to all K-1ers who complete their medical. Additionally, St. Lukes forwards the results of the medical exam to the Embassy. When an interview is scheduled within a day or two after the completion of the medical, St. Lukes will allow you to hand carry the results of the medical exam to the Embassy so that it makes it there on time.

The Embassy does not mail visas. All visas are delivered by a private courier. The name of the courier company is 2GO. At the time of her interview, she can request that her visa be delivered where she wants it to be delivered. It's common for people to have the visa delivered to a 2GO branch. Probably the fastest way to get the visa is to pick it up at a 2GO branch in the metro Manila area.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you very much.

From what I have read St. Lukes gives you a CD with the x-ray info anyway as you will need it later. Sort of doubt St. Lukes will give you the whole packet for delivery to the embassy. If the medical is not there for your interview from what I read they will hold your file until its received then send your visa out.

As for the visa delivery the embassy does not mail them, they are delivered by 2GO or you arrange to pick it up at a 2GO branch near you.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Very few K-1 beneficiaries ever find a need for their x-ray CD. They don't need it at their POE and they don't need it to adjust their status. However, it works well as a unique coaster for their beverage of choice.

Chinook actually used St. Luke's x-ray CD here in the states. When she was hired, she avoided her company's mandatory chest x-ray by providing them with the St. Lukes x-ray CD.

Note: Upon request, St. Lukes will allow you to hand carry your medical results to your Embassy review.

Timeline

Very few K-1 beneficiaries ever find a need for their x-ray CD. They don't need it at their POE and they don't need it to adjust their status. However, it works well as a unique coaster for their beverage of choice.

Chinook actually used St. Luke's x-ray CD here in the states. When she was hired, she avoided her company's mandatory chest x-ray by providing them with the St. Lukes x-ray CD.

Note: Upon request, St. Lukes will allow you to hand carry your medical results to your Embassy review.

Hi Tahoma,

Thank you very much for your inputs. Sarah called last week her scheduled time to call on the sputum results. St Lukes told her to call back on Monday because they didn't have her medical results ready. I was not so happy but it is what it is. ;) Today on Monday she called and they told her to come in on Wednesday. I requested Sarah to call them back and request to come in sooner. St Lukes allowed her to come in Tuesday. She paid $350 to BPI last friday around 2-3pm. I kept trying to schedule her interview last friday online and calling. They told me to call back on Monday because the payment hasn't registered. Anyways today I tried to schedule online and calling but they again told me it hasn't registered. They told me to wait 24 hours. FYI the online website said it can take 4 hours for payment to register. But the reps first told me 4-6 hours and now 24 hours. What's up with that? Anyhow I called them out on it. The rep then put me on hold. Then came back and told me he requested an emergency request. I don't know what that meant but it worked. I got back online 15 minutes after talking to the rep and it allowed me to schedule. Wow and I was able to schedule Wednesday. I pray the medical appointment for her immunizations etc will only be one day so she can go to her interview the next day. CFO seminar will be Thursday or Friday. Do you see anything that may go awry? Process is moving but the Dec 13th flight schedule is super close.

K-1 Process

02-14-2011 I-129F Sent

12-30-2011 Married!

Timeline

From what I have read St. Lukes gives you a CD with the x-ray info anyway as you will need it later. Sort of doubt St. Lukes will give you the whole packet for delivery to the embassy. If the medical is not there for your interview from what I read they will hold your file until its received then send your visa out.

As for the visa delivery the embassy does not mail them, they are delivered by 2GO or you arrange to pick it up at a 2GO branch near you.

Hi Hank_Amy and thank you. Sarah will try and request to hand deliver the results. The interview is the next day after her medical. It doesn't hurt to try. ;)

K-1 Process

02-14-2011 I-129F Sent

12-30-2011 Married!

Timeline

Good Luck Trey! :thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Hank_Amy and thank you. Sarah will try and request to hand deliver the results. The interview is the next day after her medical. It doesn't hurt to try. ;)

WoW!! That is fast for the interview!! Outstanding!!!!

I read a few other post on this where they allowed carrying of the medical files... too cool!!

All the best!!! :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Do you see anything that may go awry?

Just make sure Sarah tells St. Lukes that she has an interview the following day and that she needs to hand carry her medical results to her interview. St. Lukes should be fine with that.

Now you're rolling! :thumbs:

Timeline

Good Luck Trey! :thumbs:

For sure thank you! We appreciate anything and everything. :thumbs:

K-1 Process

02-14-2011 I-129F Sent

12-30-2011 Married!

Timeline

WoW!! That is fast for the interview!! Outstanding!!!!

I know I was grinning from left ear to right ear! haha. I don't know how next week was so open.

I read a few other post on this where they allowed carrying of the medical files... too cool!!

I HOPE SO.

All the best!!! :thumbs:

Thank you and you too!

K-1 Process

02-14-2011 I-129F Sent

12-30-2011 Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.