VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarBammo & Lammo
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Philippines
Aplonis & Sylea
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarJ & R
K1 Visa
France
Brad & Cristina
K1 Visa
Romania
dhong & wheng
K1 Visa
United Arab Emirates
Alexandra & Keir
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
Chris & Jose
K1 Visa
Costa Rica
Nicholas & Selena
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarAn & Bo
K1 Visa
United Kingdom

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

blank avatarL & S
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Canada
Sarah & Marc
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Canada
Rick & Noni
K1 Visa
Philippines
dragon & raven
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarJayMar & Mabjalex
IR-2 Visa
Jamaica
blank avatarHasi & Muzyy
K1 Visa
Germany
blank avatarOwen & Liudmila
K1 Visa
Russia
blank avatarAllison & Bart
K1 Visa
Netherlands
blank avatarKevin & Elleanor
K1 Visa
Philippines
NMR & EZA
K1 Visa
Philippines

• Please log in to reply

How often do people fail the interview?

#1 Seahawks21

Seahawks21

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:15 AM

Hi all. Just received word that my wife has an interview in November, so pretty quickly I need to start making arrangements (bigger apartment, flight plans, etc.) First of all, how common is it for someone to have their visa denied through the interview process? If some of you that have been denied could explain some of the circumstances so we don't repeat them, that would be wonderful! Thanks in advance and God Bless.

#2 LotofPatience

LotofPatience

Super Star Member

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

Hi all. Just received word that my wife has an interview in November, so pretty quickly I need to start making arrangements (bigger apartment, flight plans, etc.) First of all, how common is it for someone to have their visa denied through the interview process? If some of you that have been denied could explain some of the circumstances so we don't repeat them, that would be wonderful! Thanks in advance and God Bless.

For successful interview:
1) Bring all kind of secondary evidences of the bona fide marriage
2) Bring all the original documents (including beneficiary's and petitioner's) at the interview
3) Listen to the CO carefully and answer truthfully
4) Ask the beneficiary to study the write up in the forms - I-130, DS-320 and I-864.

Here is the guide for sample interview questions and interview preparation - http://www.visajourn..._live_in_the_US

Good luck!
Loto
CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)
10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox
10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox
10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC
10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2
10/21/2011 - Received NOA1
03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC
04/19/2012 - NVC received
05/01/2012 - Case# generated
05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed
05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid
05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC
05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC
05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted
05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid
05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC
05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC
05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate
07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin
07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai
07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!
09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

#3 thelastpetitioner

thelastpetitioner

Foul mouthed member

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

it depends on the consulate and the interviewer,and also the case itself.
maybe checkin the forums for Philippines and the consulate will help you more

#4 marriedtomrg

marriedtomrg

Platinum Member

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

Hi, I applied for K3 last year, and we have been living in Florida for almost a year now (we moved here October 21st, 2009...and my interview was just over a year ago, October 8th...ahhh, the memories!). :)

I wouldn't worry to much about the interview. You guys are already married, and the only reason I could think of where your wife can get denied is if she had a criminal or civil conviction (based on NBI records) or if she was ineligible due to her medical results. She should just be relaxed, and know how to answer basic questions about you and your relationship (like how you met and such). She should also have with her a copy of the petitions and the supporting documents that came with them (sometimes Embassy people lose stuff and you just want to be prepared...I walked in there with a briefcase chock-full of stuff in case they needed anything...never underestimate the value of a piece of paper. :) )

Click here and scroll down to give your wife an idea about how our interview went and the questions the Immigration Officer asked me and my daughter: http://www.visajourn...le.php?id=64018

It's all a formality...the IO even apologized that we had to wait so long (during the whole visa process, that is). lol God bless you both, I'm sure your wife will pass with flying colors and bring home the pink slip!

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

Our K3/K4 Journey

AOS/EAD Timeline (More complete information found here)
09-09-2010: Sent I-485 and I-765 (renewal for me, and first application for Pippo) via USPS with Delivery Confirmation.
09-20-2010: Received NOA1 hard copies in the mail (Receipt Date: 09-17-2010)! :D (09-22-2010: Check was cashed.)
09-27-2010: Received biometrics appointment letter; appointment at Jacksonville ASC on October 14, 2010 8:00 a.m. :D
10-12-2010: Mailed off our ASC Biometrics Letter to Jacksonville, FL to reschedule our appointment :( Sent it by USPS Express Mail
10-23-2010: Received mail from Jacksonville ASC dated October 15, 2010, biometrics appointment successfully rescheduled to November 12, 2010 at 10:00 a.m.! :D
11-12-2010: Biometrics complete, all files touched! Found out Pippo's actual A# It was almost not funny!
12-11-2010: Received AOS Interview Letter dated 12-03-2010. Interview on January 12, 2010 at 9:00 a.m.; Pippo's interview same day at 9:30 a.m.
01-25-2011: Kaye and Pippo received 10-year green cards dated January 20, 2011 :D Woohoo!

#5 Er Neal

Er Neal

Gold Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:01 AM

Hi, I applied for K3 last year, and we have been living in Florida for almost a year now (we moved here October 21st, 2009...and my interview was just over a year ago, October 8th...ahhh, the memories!). :)

I wouldn't worry to much about the interview. You guys are already married, and the only reason I could think of where your wife can get denied is if she had a criminal or civil conviction (based on NBI records) or if she was ineligible due to her medical results. She should just be relaxed, and know how to answer basic questions about you and your relationship (like how you met and such). She should also have with her a copy of the petitions and the supporting documents that came with them (sometimes Embassy people lose stuff and you just want to be prepared...I walked in there with a briefcase chock-full of stuff in case they needed anything...never underestimate the value of a piece of paper. :) )

Click here and scroll down to give your wife an idea about how our interview went and the questions the Immigration Officer asked me and my daughter: http://www.visajourn...le.php?id=64018

It's all a formality...the IO even apologized that we had to wait so long (during the whole visa process, that is). lol God bless you both, I'm sure your wife will pass with flying colors and bring home the pink slip!

:thumbs:

IR-5 for Parents

02-28-14 -> I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
03-03-14 -> USCIS received. (Priority Date)
03-09-14 -> NOA1 received.
06-04-14 -> NOA2 received. Approved.
06-18-14 -> NVC Received case.
07-03-14 -> NVC Assigned Case#(Got Case# & IIN Over the Phone).
07-22-14 -> DS-261 Completed.
07-25-14 -> AOS fee Payment.
07-29-14 -> AOS fee shows PAID.
07-30-14 -> AOS Package Sent.
07-31-14 -> AOS Package delivered.
09-15-14 -> IV fee Payment.

09-17-14 -> IV fee Shows PAID.

09-18-14 -> IV Package Sent.
09-20-14 -> IV Package Delivered.

10-20-14 -> Case Complete

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.