enzocute

Sputum Test in St. lukes Walkthrough

173 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeheyyyy!!! thanks God finally i'm done with the most difficult part of this process which is my medical!!! anyway as i said last time i will update my post here... Here it goes...

SLMEC told me to report at 8am and need to bring my passport, med receipt and appointment letter. I arrived there at exactly 8am this morning...I presented my passport together withmy med receipt to the guard..He stamped my receipt (for immunizatiion) and he advised me to go to 2nd floor for my immunization..i waited for my name to be called..then the doctor in the immunization interview asked me when is my last day of my MP...then she told me that my pregnancy test is already expired so they need to get my urine for pregnancy test and she said i need to pay P495.00 then i go up to 5th floor to pay the said amount. then went to 4th flr for urine collection..after in a min the lady gave me the receipt (pregnancy test) done and told to go to 2nd floor for immunization...at 2nd flr i waited 10 mins for my name to be called for be immunized..i got 2 shots (in my left and right arm) after that the nurse told me to go to ground floor to releasing counter for the final journey of my med history hehehe... :dance: after 4 hours of waiting ..thanks God i was released hehehehe...the lady gave me the CD xray result with immunization form..finally i go out with a smile while my stomach is in pain for some reason (super gutom na gutom na ako as in grabe!) ....take taxi going home! bye bye SLMEC!

So that was my unforgettable/difficult experience that I had ..... but then I'm so thankful coz God is really good! to those still waiting for their culture result, keep healthy guys! keep the faith and stay healthy...offer all to God, no worries He won't fail us! God bless us all!!!

thanks for sharing this sis! congrats!

Edited by happyme

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ Friends,

I am very happy that I am done with my medical and below are the summary of my experiences for your reference.

Dec.9 - Called SLEC to follow-up culture result & I was told to return the nextday @0800H and bring passport, medical receipt & appointment letter.

Dec. 10- Arrived in SLEC 6:30am and I was able to get inside around 7;15AM. The guard instructed me to go to 5th floor for REPEAT PHYSICAL EXAM.

- Finish my RPE around 0900H and proceed with immunization interview & I was advised to have repeat pregnancy test.

-Went to 5th floor to pay Php495 (RPT)then proceed to 4th floor Laboratory for the collection of urine.

-Return to second floor, immunization area & my name was called around 1100H for vaccination.

- I was told to go to ground floor for the releasing & my name was called around 1230H to signed some papers and retutn to my seat again :)

- Around 1400H, my name was called to counter C and release my CD X ray & Document Vaccination Worksheet & I was advised to keep it because need to bring to US.

I THANK GOD & ALL MY VJ FRIENDS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT & ENCOURAGEMENT!!!

Eligibility Criteria: 3 yrs. based on Marriage
Field Office: Phoenix

02/18/14- Mailed my N-400 packet
02/19/14- Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
02/24/14- Received Email Notification
02/24/14- Check Cashed
02/28/14- Received NOA in the mail (Notice Date: Feb. 21, 2014)
03/07/14- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Notice Date: Feb. 28, 2014)
03/13/14- Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/16/14- In line for Interview Scheduling
04/30/14- Received email notification for interview schedule.
05/06/14- Received Interview Letter in the mail. (Notice Date: April 30, 2014)
06/09/14- Interview Date- Passed! :)
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
06/23/14- Received Oath Ceremony Letter/Notice by mail
07/04/14- Oath Taking/Ceremony
07/04/14- U.S. Passport Application (Expedite/Overnight Delivery)
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.
07/15/14- Received US Passport

Timeline

hi sis! so glad to know you're finally done with the sputum-phase of your visa journey. congrats! :thumbs:

thanks for posting this topic. i learned a lot from you as well as from other experiences of our vj friends here. it's my "8th" next week and i'm really hoping that everything will turn out great as well. :)

Edited by happyme

Hello VJ Friends,

I am very happy that I am done with my medical and below are the summary of my experiences for your reference.

Dec.9 - Called SLEC to follow-up culture result & I was told to return the nextday @0800H and bring passport, medical receipt & appointment letter.

Dec. 10- Arrived in SLEC 6:30am and I was able to get inside around 7;15AM. The guard instructed me to go to 5th floor for REPEAT PHYSICAL EXAM.

- Finish my RPE around 0900H and proceed with immunization interview & I was advised to have repeat pregnancy test.

-Went to 5th floor to pay Php495 (RPT)then proceed to 4th floor Laboratory for the collection of urine.

-Return to second floor, immunization area & my name was called around 1100H for vaccination.

- I was told to go to ground floor for the releasing & my name was called around 1230H to signed some papers and retutn to my seat again :)

- Around 1400H, my name was called to counter C and release my CD X ray & Document Vaccination Worksheet & I was advised to keep it because need to bring to US.

I THANK GOD & ALL MY VJ FRIENDS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT & ENCOURAGEMENT!!!

Congratulations for passing the medical.

Good luck on your upcoming interview!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

hi everyone, i just want to share too.

i just finished my sputum last week and went to pulmo eval today and the doctor explained to me about my xray result, it shows some white lines on right lung, and my 3smears all went out Negative, but still have to wait for culture of 2months before they will clear out my medical, the twist is, the doctor advised me to take antibiotic"clarithromycin" for 1week period 2x/day. they give me a definite date to go back which is dec13 for repeat xray costing P315,they suspect i got pneumonia but could not mean a tb, just wait for culture result by november26, the nurse didnt gave me any definite date to call,since according to him, i had a definite schedule to comeback on dec13 and by that time they already had my culture result,no need to call.

For those who undergoing this kind of delays, we will just hope and pray hard things will be alright.

For an update for those who will be undergoing the same case for their future reference:

Finally im done with my medical, 'twas an unforgetable experience.

Dec 13 - i go back to St luke for a follow up xray as per instructed to me, i thought i am a unique case among those who went to sputum, i learned that there were some who also had the same case as mine, i learned that there are 2slips are given during pulmo eval 1: slip with date to call 2. slip with date for follow up xray , these depends on how you answer doc's questions during the evaluation ,that day met 5companions, 8:30am at pulmo evaluation room nurse told us to go to 5th floor to pay for follow up xray Php315, then proceed to 3rdfloor to take an xray then go home and follow up the result at 4:30pm by calling them if results are ready.

4:30 pm - anxious of the result, called around 4:20 and told that results are in,instructed to go back the following day and bring the passport and receipt, still anxious what will lies ahead, one of my companion told that her xray result is not available yet need to follow up again the next day.(inconsistent result that makes people worry).

Dec 14 - go back to st lukes at pulmonary evaluation room, and glad to see my other 4 companions there and waiting for doctor for an evaluation of our follow up xray, we are still so anxious why we have to wear a mask are we sick?(lol)...around 8:30am went inside and doc explain that xray improves thus i am now can proceed with my immunization , i was so glad ,unexplainable joy!, then i went out to eat breakfast and go back to wait for my name to be called at 2nd flr immunization, 11am, called for immunization interview and told to go to 5th floor to pay for repeat pregnancy test Php495 proceed to 4th floor to collect urine then go back to 2nd floor ,wait for name to be called for vaccination. 12 noon! finally i entered the most forbidden immunization room(lol) well for those who undergo sputum only. got 2 vaccines MMR and TDAP.I met 2 successful sputum ladies in there too!

Proceed ground floor for releasing, the waiting seems forever, but its nothing compare to the joy of passing the medical, my medical was released at 5:30 pm we ate dinner after and went home smiling, finally done with the most difficult part of this journey..

Warning: Those who had or will have the same case as this

Better follow st.luke's advise to take the medicine that is instructed for you to take and be responsible of our ownself. One of my companion need to repeat the sputum and 2months culture again, she didnt took the medicine that the doc instructed her to take because she cant take the taste of it plus she didnt quit her smoking habit also she's coughing , in result her follow up xray get worst as compare to the previous one so she had to repeat the process all over again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For an update for those who will be undergoing the same case for their future reference:

Finally im done with my medical, 'twas an unforgetable experience.

Dec 13 - i go back to St luke for a follow up xray as per instructed to me, i thought i am a unique case among those who went to sputum, i learned that there were some who also had the same case as mine, i learned that there are 2slips are given during pulmo eval 1: slip with date to call 2. slip with date for follow up xray , these depends on how you answer doc's questions during the evaluation ,that day met 5companions, 8:30am at pulmo evaluation room nurse told us to go to 5th floor to pay for follow up xray Php315, then proceed to 3rdfloor to take an xray then go home and follow up the result at 4:30pm by calling them if results are ready.

4:30 pm - anxious of the result, called around 4:20 and told that results are in,instructed to go back the following day and bring the passport and receipt, still anxious what will lies ahead, one of my companion told that her xray result is not available yet need to follow up again the next day.(inconsistent result that makes people worry).

Dec 14 - go back to st lukes at pulmonary evaluation room, and glad to see my other 4 companions there and waiting for doctor for an evaluation of our follow up xray, we are still so anxious why we have to wear a mask are we sick?(lol)...around 8:30am went inside and doc explain that xray improves thus i am now can proceed with my immunization , i was so glad ,unexplainable joy!, then i went out to eat breakfast and go back to wait for my name to be called at 2nd flr immunization, 11am, called for immunization interview and told to go to 5th floor to pay for repeat pregnancy test Php495 proceed to 4th floor to collect urine then go back to 2nd floor ,wait for name to be called for vaccination. 12 noon! finally i entered the most forbidden immunization room(lol) well for those who undergo sputum only. got 2 vaccines MMR and TDAP.I met 2 successful sputum ladies in there too!

Proceed ground floor for releasing, the waiting seems forever, but its nothing compare to the joy of passing the medical, my medical was released at 5:30 pm we ate dinner after and went home smiling, finally done with the most difficult part of this journey..

Warning: Those who had or will have the same case as this

Better follow st.luke's advise to take the medicine that is instructed for you to take and be responsible of our ownself. One of my companion need to repeat the sputum and 2months culture again, she didnt took the medicine that the doc instructed her to take because she cant take the taste of it plus she didnt quit her smoking habit also she's coughing , in result her follow up xray get worst as compare to the previous one so she had to repeat the process all over again.

Hello Chrismae,

Thanks for sharing your experiences to us and Im sure alot of people here will learn alot & give new ideas about the process we have been through....... Actually, I always read previous forums regarding this sputum test/experiences and it is my first time to read about the information you shared to us. THANK YOU & CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Eligibility Criteria: 3 yrs. based on Marriage
Field Office: Phoenix

02/18/14- Mailed my N-400 packet
02/19/14- Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
02/24/14- Received Email Notification
02/24/14- Check Cashed
02/28/14- Received NOA in the mail (Notice Date: Feb. 21, 2014)
03/07/14- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Notice Date: Feb. 28, 2014)
03/13/14- Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/16/14- In line for Interview Scheduling
04/30/14- Received email notification for interview schedule.
05/06/14- Received Interview Letter in the mail. (Notice Date: April 30, 2014)
06/09/14- Interview Date- Passed! :)
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
06/23/14- Received Oath Ceremony Letter/Notice by mail
07/04/14- Oath Taking/Ceremony
07/04/14- U.S. Passport Application (Expedite/Overnight Delivery)
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.
07/15/14- Received US Passport

Hello Chrismae,

Thanks for sharing your experiences to us and Im sure alot of people here will learn alot & give new ideas about the process we have been through....... Actually, I always read previous forums regarding this sputum test/experiences and it is my first time to read about the information you shared to us. THANK YOU & CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Your welcome bhebe, im urge to share my experience , cause it seems nobody shared this kind of experience too,i've been posting questions here but seems nobody had this experience.

To God be the Glory! Gobless on your interview, mine is set jan4, no more chance for december,due to holidays.

hello everyone.. and mga ate at kuya. :) when going to get the medical at St. luke for the first time, what should u bring in order for the medical to continue. do u really need the letter from the NVC or is it ok to bring just a copy of NOA2?

Married<3 August 20, 2010

Check out our wedding video :)

USCIS:

10-13-2010 I-130 sent

10-20-2010 NOA1 priority date (email & text)

10-25-2010 received NOA1 hardcopy

10-27-2010 service request submitted for expedite (hardship)

10-28-2010 received email to turn in supporting docs for expedite

11-02-2010 Faxed supporting docs for expedite

12-02-2010 CASE APPROVED!

12-07-2010 Received NOA2 hard copy

NOA1 to NOA2 - 43 DAYS

NVC:

12-09-2010 NVC receives case

12-10-2010 attained NVC case# & IIN. PAID AOS FEES. emailed request for expedite & choice of agent

12-13-2010 AOS PAID

12-16-2010 received email granting the expedite request

12-17-2010 NVC sent case to US Embassy in Manila. SIGN IN FAILED! CASE COMPLETE!

NVC - 8 DAYS

CONSULATE:

12-17-2010 Consulate receives case (electronically)

01-03-04-2011 Medical @ St. Luke PASSED

01-11-2011 Original interview that was rescheduled to:

01-27-2011 INTERVIEW- VISA APPROVED!

02-02-2011 Received Visa in the mail!

02-04-2011 CFO Seminar

02-09-2011 I arrived in the Philippines

02-16-2011 POE @SFO -<3

late february- received Green Card

03-15-2011 Received SSN

ROC eligible in November 2012

Timeline

hi guys! i just want to share that im done with my medical today :dance:

my culture result ended on the 15th and was asked to call on the 17th. i called yesterday to see if there's already result. the lady verified my name, asked for LMP and told me to go back today at 8am!

when i got to SLEC, i was asked to have repeat pregnancy test and then i got my immunization. medical papers were released by 1130am.

i'm so happy that this phase is over!

Filed: Timeline

hi i'd like to ask.. what is the common reason for having sputum test? and who are possible person to might have undergo with this test? i'd like to know because i am going to have my medical exam on monday.. as far as i know i have never diagnose of illness ever since i went for medical everytime it is needed. my x-rays were ok, i have no history of TB or been with someone with the illness. i don't experience frequent cough or cold. wish me luck for my medical exam.. hope it will go well.. thanks!

Edited by ayenatUS

Timeline

hi i'd like to ask.. what is the common reason for having sputum test? and who are possible person to might have undergo with this test? i'd like to know because i am going to have my medical exam on monday.. as far as i know i have never diagnose of illness ever since i went for medical everytime it is needed. my x-rays were ok, i have no history of TB or been with someone with the illness. i don't experience frequent cough or cold. wish me luck for my medical exam.. hope it will go well.. thanks!

hi. the reason why one has to undergo sputum test is because St Luke's finds an abnormality on the person's chest x-ray. the abnormality may be something that the person got from a previous pulmonary (or even TB) problem while some cases are from unknown source, meaning, the person has not been sick with the above before and he/she knows he/she has not been exposed with people with TB but still, x-ray showed an abnormality.

in my case, i had primary complex (PC) when i was a kid and got treated for it. growing up, i wasnt sickly at all. so my only assumption is that the PC was the reason for my chest x-ray abnormality. i may be right or i may be wrong..

good luck on your medical exam!

Good day to all!

i just want to share my experience at st lukes...our NVC case is not yet complete..and at the moment the IV and AOS packet will be send hopefully next week..

I decided to get my medical exam early....(i made a right decision..my X-ray resuts did not turned out well)

not a lucky day for me....sputum test is recommended

i had an sputum test dated Dec 13,14 and 15....

Pulmo evaluation dated: DECEMBER 17 sputum NEGATIVE..."thank God"

then have to wait for culture results on FEB 09 ..

The Doctor said about my lower right lungs, it shows some white lines and suspected for pneumonia.

this is her instruction: an antibiotic for 7 days (clarithromycin and wow thats is so expensive)

and repeat xray on FEB 24 @ 8 am...i am so worried about her instruction...i am very glad that i read all medical journey here....

i already read case like mine at crismae's post...thats so helpful."THANKS SIS"

i just hope that the antibiotic works tru my system...so that for my repeat x-ray would be fine...

THE COUNT DOWN BEGIN....I WILL JUST GIVE AN UPDATE ABOUT MY JOURNEY.....

USCIS

05.26.2010 - I-130 NOA1

10.02.2010 - I-129F NOA1

11.02.2010 - I-130 & I-129F APPROVED

NVC

11.04.2010 - Case number assigned

11.15.2010 - IV fee paid

12.16.2010 - AOS fee paid

01.04.2011 - I-864 AOS and DS-230 IV packets sent

01.04.2011 - I-864 AOS and DS-230 IV packets delivered

01.06.2011 - DS-230 IV packet entered into the system

01.06.2011 - I-864 AOS packet entered into the system

01.19.2011 - SIF

01.22.2011 - Case completed

00.00.2011 - Packet 4 received

00.00.2011 - Case forwarded to US Embassy in Manila

SLEC (Advance medical exam)

12.02.2010 - Day 1 Medical examination

x-ray problem results...sputum test required

12.13.2010 - 1st day sputum

12.14.2010 - 2nd

12.15.2010 - 3rd

12.17.2010 - sputum RESULTS- NEGATIVE

( but need to take antibiotics for 7 days/suspected Pneumonia

12.24.2010 - done with the prescribed Antibiotic

02-09-2011 - NEGATIVE

02-24-2011 - DONE

02-25-2011 - FINALLY.....MEDICAL!! PASSED!!

CFO

01.05.2009 - Guidance/counseling session, certificate of attendance received

00.00.2011 - CFO sticker

US EMBASSY MANILA

03.14.2011 - Interview

my husband will be taking his in a week or two. i'm reaaalllyyy nervous about it. i hope all goes well. good luck with everyone that will take the medical exam.. mga sis, maligayang pasko :)

Married<3 August 20, 2010

Check out our wedding video :)

USCIS:

10-13-2010 I-130 sent

10-20-2010 NOA1 priority date (email & text)

10-25-2010 received NOA1 hardcopy

10-27-2010 service request submitted for expedite (hardship)

10-28-2010 received email to turn in supporting docs for expedite

11-02-2010 Faxed supporting docs for expedite

12-02-2010 CASE APPROVED!

12-07-2010 Received NOA2 hard copy

NOA1 to NOA2 - 43 DAYS

NVC:

12-09-2010 NVC receives case

12-10-2010 attained NVC case# & IIN. PAID AOS FEES. emailed request for expedite & choice of agent

12-13-2010 AOS PAID

12-16-2010 received email granting the expedite request

12-17-2010 NVC sent case to US Embassy in Manila. SIGN IN FAILED! CASE COMPLETE!

NVC - 8 DAYS

CONSULATE:

12-17-2010 Consulate receives case (electronically)

01-03-04-2011 Medical @ St. Luke PASSED

01-11-2011 Original interview that was rescheduled to:

01-27-2011 INTERVIEW- VISA APPROVED!

02-02-2011 Received Visa in the mail!

02-04-2011 CFO Seminar

02-09-2011 I arrived in the Philippines

02-16-2011 POE @SFO -<3

late february- received Green Card

03-15-2011 Received SSN

ROC eligible in November 2012

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.